“Very nice experience.”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Cornelius
Tecumseh, Michigan
“Very nice experience.”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We recently visited our niece in Cornelius. We chose this Hampton for the location and from the reviews. I check the reviews often when choosing a room. We had a double queen suite. It was very clean the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very nice - good choices - neat and tidy well stocked display. I would recommend this Hampton Inn and would stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Linda H,

We appreciate you choosing us based on our prior reviews as well as leaving one yourself. I'm glad to read that you had a great experience and hope that you enjoyed spending time with your niece while you were here. Thanks for taking the time to review us and we look forward to your next stay!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband stay here about once a month and we are always pleased. The front desk is friendly, the hotel is clean and quiet, the breakfast is delicious, and the price is reasonable. The free internet is even easier to access now.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Becky98,

Thank you for your repeated business and review of our Hampton Inn. I'm happy to hear that you find our staff friendly, guest rooms clean and comfortable, and free wireless Internet reliable. Thank you again for your review; we can't wait to see you next time!

Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn 3 times on trips back and forth to Florida. We always get a good night's sleep, comfortable, quiet, and clean. We enjoy breakfast, as well as the friendly staff. Today the manager, Mr. Sims, was greeting and talking with guests. We appreciate that very much.

• Stayed February 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear mjsail,

We love hearing from our repeat guests, so thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear that your stays are always restful and you find our staff so friendly and helpful. Thanks again and we'll see you the next time you're in town!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stay at Hamptons frequently and use the fitness facilities regularly. We have discovered that there is NO consistency on what is provided, nor the size of the room provided. This particular Hampton provided a large area...a double room. One side had 3 treadmills, an elliptical and bike, while on the other side were free weights, a swiss ball, floor matt and large mirrors. The room was well ventilated and quiet. The appearance was that this area had actually been planned. It was a great place to do my workout. The rest of the facility was clean, well maintained, with the usual Hampton breakfast provided.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear lifesatrip,

Thanks for reviewing our hotel - I'm really glad to read that you enjoyed our fitness room so much! We recently completed a renovation and are proud to show off our updated fitness area as well as the new Perfect Mix Lobby and complimentary breakfast area. Good to see that the rest of your stay met your expectations as well. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Lake Norman area!

Parma, Ohio
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I booked this Hampton for the first time when traveling because of its close proximity to I-77 and have returned there again 3 more times. It is CLEAN and I see the same staff working there; each time I stay; good to know they keep their hard working employees who do such a good job. Great breakfast and friendly people.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ric G
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Ric G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hampton Inn. We are indeed at a great location right by I-77 and really appreciate your repeated business and compliments regarding our staff's hard work. Thanks again & we look forward to your next stay!

Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at the hotel with a friend of mine recently as we were traveling together. He was a little ahead of me and told me that he booked us up at a Hampton, which I am usually fine with because I know Hampton has good hotels overall. This one is just as nice as many others I have stayed at so upon arrival I was confident that we had found a good little hotel to stay the night. We had a competition to prepare for so we knew we were going to have a late night in the lobby, we got a late check out ahead of time, and went on about our night. The stay up to that point was completely fine. Our problems started in the morning around 9-930 when we got our first knock on the door from housekeeping. I don't know why they didn't know we were a late check out but fine, we let the woman who barely spoke English know we had a late check out and had gotten to bed late, no problem, go back to sleep. Housekeeping then proceeded to knock on our door Every. Half. Hour. after that. LIterally, almost on que, we would get a rap on the door (I don't know if it was the same woman or not, at one point I was just yelling from my bed, but there was the same knock with a ring on, open the door with a "Oh, so sorry!" before closing the door and going away again) I swear it was like clockwork. It happened 4 times from 10am to 12. My roommate and I were trying to time our sleep for a good 6-7 hours of sleep before the competition (we had been up till 5 am to prepare), we ended up getting a broken 3.5-4 hours at best. The competition lasted until almost midnight, and then I had a 4.5 hour drive home.

I came to the Hampton for some restful peace and quiet to prepare, and to get some sleep. While it was a nice place with a nice lobby to prepare at, housekeeping would NOT let us get our peace and quiet for sleep and it made for an absolutely miserable day, competition (I still did well but it was a lot more exhausting than it would/should have been), and a really miserable drive back to Hilton Head, SC loaded with lots of caffeine and loud music to stay awake. The best part was in the morning when we told the guy at the front desk, he shrugged us off like this was completely normal. Then he asked us if we had a "do not disturb" sign up like that would make up for repeatedly telling the housekeepers to leave us alone. Because of my lack of sleep I just wanted to scream at him for his callousness but walked out instead.

The hotel lost my trust to provide me with a good nights sleep. Yes its nice they have redecorated and it looks fine, but the housekeeper/housekeepers lack of understanding and aggressively trying to get us to leave and the front desk guy unresponsive, I'm just never going back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jessica p, Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced. We understand that our guests want a peaceful experience and we make every effort to ensure that happens. However, I again apologize for this incident and we want you to know that we have addressed the situation with our staff. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me directly. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Not sure why bensagle called this an older hotel unless it was recently remodeled. We found lobby, breakfast nook, business center and guest rooms to be pristine. The housekeeping staff was uniformly cheerful and each asked if we were enjoying the hotel (NOT THE AREA OR OUR STAY) they asked specifically if we were enjoying the hotel as though they really cared. Front desk staf quickly silenced roudy wedding reception revelers, kept public trash bins emptied, managed to handle dozens of soccer tournment players as well as walk in guest, with grace, patience efficiency and professionalism.

Room Tip: The interior of the hotel was very quiet. The back of the hotel faces the interstate, which starts...