“Wonderful staff”

Days Inn Cornelius Lake Norman
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Cornelius

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Block Island, Rhode Island
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here while passing through on a drive. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. This is a no frills hotel but it is very close to many restaurants. We ate at the Greek restaurant next door and it was good.

The parking lot was well lit and the surrounding residential neighborhood seemed middle class and safe. We parked right next to our room which is nice because we like to keep an eye on the vehicle at night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Check in late last on January 17, 2013. So tired after a long rainy drive to notice much. Room was freezing and immediately turned heat on. My daughter and I coughed all night. Next morning looked at the window heating unit and it had mold all over it. Went to shower and tub had mold all on the floor of tub. Got my daughter to go get the person on duty to witness. Told her how we were so sick and coughed all night due to the mold. She said she would have her Manager, Bobby [--] call me as soon as he arrived and she completely apologized for us getting sick. I have called and left several messages for Mr. [--] to call me regarding this and it has been a week today and he has not called back. Poor management and no customer service. Needless to say, my daughter and I were so sick we did not get to take our vacation and had to come home. Do not stay here unless you want to get really sick. Management never called. I want my money back!

Room Tip: Do not stay here there is Mold