This hotel does not rank high on my list, due to several situations.
1) Customer service is very poor--they do not honor their claim, "Anything we can do do to make your stay more comfortable, please let us know". Or the 100% Guarantee, "Should you encounter a problem, we guarantee we'll resolve it or your night's stay is on us."
2) The problem we had was the handicap rooms/suites. We were traveling with an elderly lady in a chair. We discovered the Suite's bathroom had a Tub and not a shower. She cannot step up and over the height of a bathtub. I went to the front desk and explain this situation. The girl said there was only one suite that had a shower for the handicap and it was occupied.
3)So, the elderly person could not shower during our stay overnight. (When I explained this to the lady at checkout, her reponse was, "Well that was unfortunate!"
4)The handicap rooms only has one bed---not two. That is why we choose the suite (and I even called before making the reservation to make sure the room was handicap accessible). When I commented at checkout that I felt this room was not a truly accessible room, the lady said, "Yes, it has hand rails in the bathroom."
5)We knew we would use the sofaBed when I made the reservation (the lady cannot be in a separate room, so the suite was the only option). The mattress on the sofabed was so thin, all you could feel was the springs----not good. Went to the front desk that evening and explained how bad that mattress was. The girl said she understood. I then asked about a rollaway bed. She said yes they had them but it would be a charge of $10.00------What......I ask if she would wave that fee, she asked her manager and was told NO. I was furious by then. I had a room that my mother n law could not take a shower, nor sleep well. I mentioned this situation to the checkout person, and her comment was: "when you checked in and went to your room, you saw what kind of room you had....................What, I could not believe what I was hearing. Where is the respect and concern here???
6) In the bedroom--the bed was comfortable BUT the airconditioner unit was right above the headboard and even though you closed the vent, you had air blowing on your face/head all night.
I told this also to the checkout person, her reply--"Well, if you closed the vent off, it should not have done that". Well, it did, I said. She then replied, I guess maintenace will need to check on that.
7) Went for breakfast, there was flies around your table and the food. We did not enjoy that.
Now saying all of this, I was charged for the rollaway bed and nothing was reduced for the rate we paid. So, if you are handicap, just beware---they only have one bed in each room and be sure to ask about the bathroom, to see if it is fully accessible.
I even wrote to Customer Service about this experience and have not had a reply. They did send a survey out and I did take time to fill it out completely. I did get a generated/form email from the hotel supervisor with no name and it said nothing personnel at all about our stay.
I regret staying at this hotel. I did read the reviews and thought it would be a comfortable and nice place to stay on our travels. If you have pets, then maybe it would be okay, I guess. We saw about 6 dogs with guests while we were there overnight. We even got bites from fleas from the hall carpet going to our room. There was a big dog across the hall from us.
I personally will not ever stay at another La Quinta, basically because of this one hotel and the way things were handled. I have never encountered this reaction before in any hotel that we have stayed in.
Oh, by the way, I used my credit card two times on our trip. The hotel first and then a Cracker Barrel Restaurant. My credit card was compromised at one of these two establishments...........go figure!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Hickory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Conover/Hickory
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Conover/Hickory Hotel Conover
- Ramada Conover
- Conover Ramada