“Excellence in staff and accomodations”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Hickory
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Conover
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice in April 2011. After the first time, I knew I would stay there everytime I am in that area of the state. The front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful and appreciate their guests. The breakfast was excellent each morning with a great selection. Plus they have a chef to prepare your meal.

The room has great features and the room attendants kept it extremely clean each day.
Agan, an excellent place to stay!

Reviewed April 27, 2011

As soon as you walked in the spacious lobby, you know you found the perfect place. The staff was helpful and courteous. The rooms were very clean and we had no problems falling sleep on the comfortable beds. The breakfast.....you could have a basic continental breakfast all the way to omelettes made to order. There is a restaurant and lounge on site. We were in area for golf tournament. Will definitely book again next year!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2011

This facility is very well maintained; our room and bathroom were very clean. You can order an omlette for breakfast; all included in the price.Fridge and microwave came in handy. Hotel staff very friendly. Beds are soft but supportive.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I've stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Conover, NC at least twenty nights for business over the past six months. The newly-renovated accomodations (with very comfy beds) are first rate and clean clean clean. Fastest free internet connection I've ever experienced at a hotel. Awesome cook to order breakfast. Best of all, super friendly and helpful staff.

When the weather started warming up and my wife got some time off, she tagged along and we extended a business visit for a weekend stay. This place is just at the start of the mountains (nice views from our room), so we enjoyed a leisurely morning then spent the rest of the day touring the area. A relaxing break for us both.

We are planning to return again soon!

Room Tip: The staff here is great. No special tricks needed.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
MJSLQ, Partner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Hickory, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2011

We really felt we were on to something when we opened the LaQuinta which we geared towards the needs of business travellers. We were happy to see the amount of leisure travel we are seeing also. I thank you for the doubly great compliment. I am thrilled that you felt it nice enough to make a trip back for leisure with your wife. I hope you had a great stay and our staff looks forward to seeing you both back in the future

Reviewed April 6, 2011

Great service, clean comfortable room, pleasant looking facility, loved the breakfast with a chef making our fresh ingredient omelets. Front desk was a pleasure to talk to and helpful. Actually enjoyed our one night stay better than our 3 night mountain retreat stay. We have payed twice the room rate for half the amenities, comfort and service we had here. We stayed only to do furniture shopping in Hickory but would go back just to relax and tour the area.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jcd3248

Wow. An advertising agency couldn't provide a better tag line for us. Your review has covered all the reasons to stay here. Thank you so much for the kind words. (Maybe next time you can stay a night in the mountains and three days here We'll cook for you!)

Reviewed April 4, 2011

Stayed at this La Quinta for the first time and I have to say I was impressed by the service, rooms and location. Easy access from I-40, updated rooms with flat screen TV and clean. Front desk associate was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was typical hotel fare with a twist. If you want made to order they have a cook ready to serve you. Nice Touch. They are not that far from many restaurant choices in Hickory and shopping areas. I guess the best recommendation I can make is I'll be back next time I travel to the Hickory NC area.

1  Thank Gary .
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This is a very nice Hotel located in Conover - Hickory area. It is old but very well kept and very clean with spacious rooms and friendly staff ; moderately priced ; conveniently located near the interstate but in a quiet area. It has the best breakfast buffet among comparabale or higher priced hotels with a pleasant dining area. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conover
Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40
#1 of 13 in Hickory
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#8 of 13 in Hickory

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Hickory? Share your experiences!