“Not the worst I've seen ,but Below Average for a Days”

Days Inn Conover-Hickory
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Conover
Mount Airy, North Carolina
“Not the worst I've seen ,but Below Average for a Days”
Reviewed November 2, 2008

The room was poorly lighted and the parking is very tight if you're in a van or larger vehicle. They did have a security car drive thru pretty often . The breakfast waffels were not very good and there were a couple of flies in the muffin bowl. Price was over 70.00 a little much for a run down room.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
5 Thank highmiles61

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Staten Island
Reviewed July 1, 2008

Had a great stay here - it had everything we were looking for: continental breakfast, pool, cable, fridge, microwave, internet access, clean non-smoking room. The rooms are tastefully decorated, but not particularly bright or high-ceilinged, and the grounds aren't expansive. The towels weren't deluxe, but were sufficient. Overall, fine value for the price.

The only problem we had was not getting the supplies in the room restocked every day, but the omnipresent hotel manager was happy to take care of us.

• Liked — The range of things it had
  • Disliked — Old bones kind of show through
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
beckley wv
Reviewed June 28, 2008

When we first arrived at the hotel, we had a coupon, and the hotel would not honor the discount coupon. After we received the keys to the room, (he said the room was ready), we proceeded to take our luggage to the second floor, where the rooms were located. The rooms were still being cleaned by housekeeping, so we had to wait on the balcony. After receiving a call from other members we were traveling with, we decided to go elsewhere, (we was still on the balcony waiting to get in the room). When we informed management/employee that we wanted our money back, that we decided to go elsewhere, he was very rude and nasty, and said he would not refund the money. He said he could not refund the money back, because he had already gave us a key to the room. I told him that we never entered the room, and that the room was still being cleaned. He proceeded to be very nasty and took the room keys we returned to him, and threw them at me. I told him, I was not leaving until he gave me my money back. He said he just give me $50 of the $180 back. I told him I wanted it all back. After arguing with him for another 10 minutes, he said he would give me the money back, just to get rid of me, and for me not to come back. Before he reimbursed me, he said he would have to go and check the room, before he would give me the money. I told him, I would never come there again, and I would make sure that everyone knew, what a nasty and rude person he was. After leaving the building, I told my husband, that he gave me a very hard time, he did not want to reimburse the money we paid for the rooms, he threw the room keys at me, and told me not to come back. He proceeded to go over and tell the manager/employee, just what he thought, and why did he give his wife a hard time. I would not recommend this establishment to anyone. If you are in the Conover-Hickory area, please avoid this hotel. Stay across the street at the Ramada/Hickory Inn, it's clean, they will honor your discount coupons, and the staff is very friendly.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
5 Thank carolbeckleywv

Travelers are raving about these Conover hotels

ohio
Reviewed April 5, 2008

Stayed here 3/11/08. Room was very very nicely decorated. bettter than usual furniture and bright/cheery...better than some 5 star hotels we've stayed at..with built in microwave, fridge, coffee maker, all the amenities. Staff was very friendly and helpful as we were unfamiliar with the area. Would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — quallity of the room
  • Disliked — not very spacious grounds
  • Stayed March 2008
1 Thank sremos
The Eastern Badlands of North Carolina
Reviewed May 20, 2007

This was a very nice place to stay. I've stayed here before and had nothing but good experiences, despite once having to change my reservation, twice. Rooms are well lit, well stocked, and well maintained. I've stayed both in a normal king size room here, as well as the Suite. The Suite offers plenty of room to spread out for not that much more money. I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Liked — Very little noise carryover from other rooms
  • Disliked — Ice in parking lot
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pherring05
Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed April 29, 2007

This hotel is clean and the staff is very nice and helpful. I was happy that breakfast included not only doughnuts and juice, but there was a waffle maker with waffle mix in small containers! All they needed was fresh strawberreis, and I would have been delighted. The non-smoking room on the ground floor that I stayed in was clean and the air conditioning worked VERY well. Typical Days Inn.... the pool looked cleaner than most though.
-The bad part - this hotel is right next to the speedway so if there is a race or practice going on and you are on that part of the hotel, as I was, you will hear the cars and they will bother you. I had to turn on music to drown the sound out since I was there to study for my Praxis exams. Request a room on the far side, away from the speedway.

• Liked — Clean rooms
  • Disliked — close to speedway
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
4 Thank jessleighj
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2006

We stayed for 1 night and that was enough. I know this place is in a smaller town so we were not expecting too much. We just wanted a clean place to stay, and that was all it was and I stress ALL. The room was not what we were told. We required extra sheets, blankets and towels and to get that they actually questioned how many people were in our room. Well there were 4 of us and we only had 3 towels so they were kind enough to allow us one more towel, only 1 not 2. I had to ask more then once for extra pillows and only when I suggested that they pull pillows off a bed in another room did we did finally get 2 more pillows.
All front desk staff were somewhat rude and didn't seem to want to be there. For breakfast they ran out of milk 2 times and we were only in the breakfast room for 20 mins.
Not a place I would ever stay again and I will probably stay clear of any Days Inn......
Not a good experience!

• Stayed April 2006
10 Thank Jillibean
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conover
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hickory
Red Roof Inn Hickory
Red Roof Inn Hickory
#6 of 13 in Hickory
Baymont Inn & Suites Hickory

Been to Days Inn Conover-Hickory? Share your experiences!