“"Always look forward to coming and defintely plan to return"”

Days Inn Conover-Hickory
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Conover
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Here a motel that's reasonable yet has a friendly atmosphere with great continental breakfast and comfortable beds.
One is always assured of a hot shower or bath, too. The management is available to handle whatever may come up assurto e that our stay is enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 21, 2011

The overall experience was excellent. The Rooms were clean, comfortable and at a reasonable cost. The staff was very friendly and accomodating going out of their way to meet my needs. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone passing through the Conover/Hickory area..convieniently located right off interstate 40

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Staff was not nice or welcoming at all. Called the front desk and they answered the phone with "what" The manager was yelling at the other employees during breakfast and you could hear them because the lobby was so small. I forgot my toothbrush and when I went down to the desk to get one the man was very rude to me and said, "what do you want?" I have no idea why I was treated this way I'm a very pleasant person, but I would definitely not recommend this hotel. There are several other in the area that I will check out next time.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Don K
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Must say was pleasantly surprised with the Days Inn. very nice room for the price
very welcoming front desk with a pleasant smile. we have past the property many
of time and have stayed across the street and on the next exit. but very happy we gave
Days Inn a try this time. with a very nice experience we will be back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2011

In all the years that I have traveled, I don't think I have ever come across a more friendly staff! The rooms were very nice and comfortable.
The location was perfect. Honestly, we could have paid twice as much at one of the other local hotels...but I am certain we wouldn't have been a bit happier with our stay. I would HIGHLY recoommend

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The hotel staff was terrible. There was a problem with the payment of my room with a credit card my grandmother gave them to use, while talking to them about the problem the man began to yell at me and even slammed down a paper in my face asking, "If I want to get legal about things." I am a polite 23 year old and was not being rude in anyway I was just trying to figure out the problem with my payment. I did not appreciate being yelled at like that and no guest should ever be treated the way I was treated. I told the man after this I would never stay at a Days Inn again and he replied, "Then why are you staying here now" After emailing the company I just got a short reply with an empty apology. If you need to stay in the area stay at La Quinta across the street. It's around the same price,the rooms are so much nicer, and the free breakfast is so much better than cereal and one waffle maker that days inn has.

Room Tip: Across the street at La Quinta
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Ash D
Reviewed October 25, 2011

The staff was outstanding, from the front desk to maintenance to housekeeping. All very helpful, and pleasant. Decent continental breakfast,
and you can't beat the price. Very comfortable room, close to shopping and many restaurants.
Would definately stay here again

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conover
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hickory
Affordable Suites Hickory
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#10 of 13 in Hickory

Been to Days Inn Conover-Hickory? Share your experiences!