“Wonderful Off the Beaten Path Motel”

Carolina Country Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Concord
Carolina Country Inn
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed September 24, 2012

From the moment you walk in you know that you are in a family owned place. The rooms are exceptionally clean, as is the parking lot and the front yard area. Mt. Pleasant is on the outskirts of Concord, and only a 20 minute ride to Charlotte MotorSpeedway (Or whatever they are calling it now..) There are chairs outside the rooms for watching the little bit of traffic or spending time with friends. Love it every time we stay there. Six years now and never a disappointing time there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kelly S

Reviewed September 23, 2012

As a previous reviewer stated this inn is in Mt. Pleasant not Concord, so if you are looking on GPS or Navigation you may have issues trying to find under Concord. Second, Mt. Pleasant is a small town and I believe this is the only hotel/inn they have there. It's a great stop over spot. The people are nice, prices are reasonable, and the rooms are clean. I've actually never heard any noise in the mornings (and I've stayed here a few times), but yes it is located near the Hardee's when the local men gather to talk about the weather and the local mill shutting down. It isn't anything unsual from the larger chains off the highway and you are surrounded by 5 different restaurants and everyone tried to leave at the same time and all you hear is banging car doors.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2009

The lady at the motel gave me the suite and only charged me 52 dollars. The Clerk was very nice and he helped me lot with directions to and from many places.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2008

I just returned from a trip to Mt. Pleasant and booked a room at the Carolina Country Inn on short notice. I paid $52 for a room with a Queen-sized bed, and it came with a refrigerator and little sink outside the bathroom. There is lots of storage space in the room and it would be comfortable for a longer stay (not much to do in the immediate area though). The bathroom was very clean and all the fixtures were new. I asked for a no-smoking room, and the room smelled clean, but there were clean ashtrays in the room. So I'm not sure if the room was really no smoking. I have never smoked and am very sensitive to the lingering smell of smoke, and I have no complaints about the room. The bed was comfortable and the AC worked well. For a room listed as 1 star, I think it was excellent value. My experience definitely does not match with that listed in some of the earlier reviews. If you are looking for a room in the area, I would recommend the Carolina Country Inn.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 19, 2008

First off, this motel is in Mt. Pleasant, NC, which is beyond Concord away from Charlotte by about 10 miles. This is a mom-and-pop motel, albeit they are foreigners and can be a little hard to understand. When I booked the room for three nights, I inquired about rates for one person and was quoted a price. There was no indication what type of beds in the room or whether it was non-smoking, so something told me to ask. Good thing. When I requested a non-smoking room, there was a slight trouble in communication and understanding about the price and the type of bed. Suddenly the price when up $5/night for the non-smoking room, I guess because it had two double beds instead of one queen bed. And the owner seemed a little off that I (a single woman) would take the two-bed room, but I wanted non-smoking. However, the man was pleasant enough and helpful upon my arrival.

The room seemed very clean and well-kept. The area was well-lighted and seemed very safe. There was NO mini-fridge, microwave, nor clock/radio, and hairdryer, but there was CATV. And, the beds had only a sheet and bedspread. I thought I could make due with the heater/AC unit, but the constant fan blowing even on Low really dried out the room and my sinuses (which is similar to most low/mid-priced motels, I guess). The next day I asked for and received a blanket to put on the bed, which helped.

It is immediately next door to Hardees and across from a gas station as well as being on the main US Route 49, so you could hear traffic start early (5-6 a.m.). But it was decently priced (comparatively) and a decent stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed May 11, 2008

Make sure you get in writing what you paid for and what you expect for it!

I reserved a room for my brother, asked the lady three times to make sure she understood that they would be there early that morning. (My Father's funeral was later in the day.) She said yes and only charged me for two days instead of three days. (I was willing to pay for three.)

They were told they had to leave a day earlier.

The manager would not bring the lady I spoke with in or call her to verify. (They live right there in the building.) They never admitted to the mistake at all. I do not consider this good service.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2008

My husband and i stayed at the Country Inn from Friday to Sunday. It was a really cute, clean motel. I've stayed at better and I've stayed in worse. It was very clean, and the motel staff was very nice. The only complaint I had about the place is that there wasn't a clock in any of the rooms (thank goodness for cell phones!) All in all it was a nice, quiet, clean hotel!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)