1,528 results
All reviewsrocky riverthe manager's receptionbeautiful hotelfree drinksmade to order omeletsconvention centerthe managersfamily reunioncomplimentary breakfastbedroom suitegreat place to staybusiness triprace trackexcellent staygreat roomrace weekendindoor pool
Reviewed January 13, 2009

Let me state this. I grew up in Concord for 22 years. I moved away and recently stayed here on a return visit to stay with family. Every single year for the last 7 years I've returned twice to visit and have stayed at many places. This is the first time I've stayed at this hotel since it's relatively new. It is BY FAR the best hotel I've EVER stayed at in the country, much less Concord (and I travel frequently).

First off let me state: If you have a dog or small pet, make sure to tell them. They charge $50 for your entire stay. Often times you can get around it if you just keep quiet, but not here. We failed to tell them and got a call on our second day asking if we had a pet. We told them "yes" and we were a bit repremanded for not mentioning it at check-in. Now, as great as this hotel is, I found the way we were treated on this to be a big unprofessional since when I made the reservation nothing was mentioned about a fee, even when I asked if pets were allowed and told yet (some places I visit dont charge). I felt no need to mention it outside of the conversation at check-in. However, no harm done.

The place is simply emaculate. The rooms are around the edges of the building (11 floors I believe) and the entire middle is a HUGE open atrium with a HUGE skylight in the middle. Beautiful fountain in the center.

24 hours a day, light jazz mood music is played through the atrium area and can be heard from any floor when stepping out of the room. It's a great atmosphere builder.

Frankly when I stay here I dont feel like I'm in Concord. I feel like I'm on vacation (which doesnt normally happen when I visit family). It's amazing.

The rooms are very clean, very contemporary and expensive looking. You definately wont experience that "dirty" feeling that many hotels have.

One negative: bathrooms dont have a fan (at least the one we stayed in at room 523).

Beds are super comfortable. Rooms sport two large flat screen tv's (HD would be nice on these tv's, but wasnt available).

Great prices (we paid $125/night and on our way back home to Fl. paid $149/night for a Residence Inn which was pathetic compared to this place).

Expect higher rates and limited occupancy during the races (late May/early June and in October as this hotel is the closest hotel to the Lowes Motor Speedway.

Views: This hotel boasts great views from the rooms, but, for better views ask for a Mall View (great view at night) or a Racetrack view. Otherwise you'll not get a very good view.

Balcony: Depending on time of year, ask for a balcony room as some have them and most do not.

Service: Amazing. If you request "no service" for that day, the service staff will leave a bag of towels and linens on the door. This is the only hotel I've ever seen do this.

Breakfast, very nice, great coffee, great atmosphere. Great hours for breakfast.

We will now be staying here every time we visit NC. Great job Embassy Suites! This is a beautiful hotel!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank civileng68
Reviewed November 29, 2008

Very little to add from the other reviewers except to reitertate what a pleasant and new property this is. Its location to Concord Mills was our primary reason for choosing this property. We were upgraded to a HUGE two bedroom corner suite with large living room, wet bar, etc. I thought the breakfast was actually a little better than the usual Embassy Suites fare: the food and fruit looked fresher, and was replaced and replenished more often. One thing I thought was a little weird (but I guess it has to do with North Carolina liquour laws) was the two drink maximum per guest at the Manager's Reception. Not the either of us were looking to get sloshed for free, but the one and only "bartender" rudely pointed to a large sign at far end of the bar that spelled this out in no uncertain terms. Obviously she must get a lot of complaints about it. But, of course, not her fault. For the business traveller, you already know the difference between any Embassy Suites on a weekday versus a weekend: families and kids galore. But they seemed to be fairly well behaved and no problems with noise. All in all, a great one night stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NavyDawg
Reviewed August 14, 2008

We chose to stay here on our wedding night because it was rated number 1 on tripadvisor for the Concord, NC area. We checked in close to 1 AM on Saturday morning and the bar was still hopping! There were two police officers at the entrance making sure everyone was behaving. Check in was a breeze. There is a $ 40 "room service credit" that you pay for up front, and what you don't use is refunded to you at check out. The lobby is very modern and clean. The rooms are awesome! There were 2 LG HDTVs in our room, the decor is tasteful and modern, as is the bathroom. Breakfast was wonderful! They go above and beyond the usual "continental breakfast" with an exquisite hot bar, and cereal and omelet stations. The hotel is connected to a convention center, so it was rather crowded the next morning. Check out was a little slow, but the staff was very friendly. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2008

We held our daughter’s wedding reception at the Embassy Suites and every aspect was fabulous. We booked a two-room suite, in addition to a 1-BR suite, and both were immaculate. The décor throughout the entire hotel is beautiful. We could not have asked for a better experience. John Doyle was marvelous and made the evening one we will never forget! Our guests were so impressed with the reception, the rooms, and the breakfast buffet the next morning. What a phenomenal weekend!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2008

I was here for a board meeting, and brought along my 7 year old daughter.

The hotel itself is new and very nice, with 2-room suites throughout. This is great if you are travelling with kids. The room was great; has a fridge, microwave, wet bar, etc. Linens are new and plush; the beds were comfy.

The hotel facilities are also nice. Gym has all new Precor equipment, and the pool/spa are small but were clean. I did not use the spa - it seemed a bit pricey.

The breakfast buffet is free and is very good. They have made-to-order eggs/omelets, as well as pancakes and waffles.

Also, there is a free cocktail hour (2 drinks per night), with some snacks provided.

The only complaint I have about the place is that I was on a second floor room right above the bar. It was fine on Thursday night, but on Friday there was a band and loud music, and it was quite loud in my room. I would just caution anyone who stays there to request a room far away from the bar (or anyplace there may be a wedding reception going on) if they are there on a Friday/Saturday night.

The hotel is only about half a mile from Concord Mills and the speedway. If you are planning on going into downtown Charlotte, you should be warned that traffic can be abysmal, especially coming back from Charlotte to Concord during rush hour. I would definitely advise against staying in Concord if you need to be driving to/from downtown Charlotte near rush hour.

Overall, this is a great hotel and both I and my daughter really enjoyed our stay. Other than the noise issue, this was as good a hotel as one could expect for the rate (runs about $129-150/night).

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business