Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
“Excellent! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Great service and accommodation. Friendly staff. Rooms are spacious with separate sleeping qtr's. Rocky River Restaurant in the hotel is less than appealing. Food was cold when it arrived, salmon was way over cooked. Service in the restaurant was extremely slow.

Stayed April 2014
embassyconcord, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you for submitting a review about your stay. Thank you for the high score but I am sorry to see that you did not have as great an experience in our restaurant. I do hope that you talked to your server right away and let him/her know so we could fix things. We are all about doing what is necessary to make things right for all our guests. I have shared your review with the restaurant staff so they are aware. Your description is not the norm for our restaurant. When in the area again, please try our restaurant again and I am certain you will be amazed at the service and the food that we are known for.

Alan,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Kingsport, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

This hotel provided excellent service, friendly and accommodating staff, and an overall superior stay. The suite was quiet, despite the fact that the hotel was completely full during our stay. Very convenient location to racing, shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. All hotels have rooms and are fairly similar in what they offer but no other hotel has the staff that we do. I know that the full suites, Evening Reception, and cooked to order breakfast are important but our staff that delivers all these things to our guests really make it special. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, especially about our staff.

Dacula, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Check in and check out was fast. The room was clean and comfortable. Very friendly staff and great service. Complimentary breakfast and Manager's reception were great. It was my first time staying at an Embassy Suites Hotel and will use again in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am so glad you chose to try our hotel during your visit to the area. No other hotel beats an Embassy Suites for comfort and amenities. We believe our hotel is the best. We look forward to you next visit with us.

Raleigh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Great place to stay for business! No need to leave this property as they have all the amenities and friendly staff. They even have Copper Beer (OMB) on tap for evening Manager's Reception. Always enjoy staying there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
embassyconcord, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us when traveling to the Concord/Charlotte area. Our hotel offers many amenities that make it the prefect hotel for travelers. You hit on one of them: the Evening Reception! I am glad you like our selection. We look forward to your next visit.

South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

When I arrived to my room after checking in, I found that the room had not been vacuumed since previous guests! I was shocked! There were crumbs and black lint all over the floor both in the living area and bedroom. There were crumbs on the sofa, too. In the bathroom, there was a half used bottle of lotion on the counter "display" (where they leave the lotion/shampoo/conditioner)! Eew! I don't want someone's leftover bottle of lotion to use!!

I called the front desk, told them about the dirty floor and lotion. They said they would send someone from housekeeping to vacuum. I waited and no one came, then front desk called back and asked if anyone came yet. I told them "no" and he said he would call again. Finally housekeeping came with a vacuum and I think she was shocked at the crumbs on the floor! There were tons of crumbs and even French fries under the desk/table in the living area!
Later I opened the cabinet under the bar sink and what did I find.... a half empty bottle of Vodka and a bottle of tonic water! Looks like the housekeeper was in a big hurry or her cleaning skills were horrific. What if a child found this bottle of Vodka? Again...I was shocked! The lamp bases, clock, and nightstand were very dusty, also. It had been a long time since they had been cleaned/dusted.

Surprisingly, the bathroom looked clean. After the carpet was so dirty, I was afraid of what the bathroom and tub would look like!

I chose to forgo "housekeeping" the following day, and asked for towels/washcloths only. This hotel experience was unlike any Embassy Suites stay I have ever had...and that is not a good thing!

The Hotel is a convention center so expect elevators to be busy. When I was there, they were very busy and the wait was quite long. There are three elevators but one wasn't working on the last day. One lady even told me she waited 40 minutes!

For the positives, check in was fast and breakfast was easy and quick.

I debated between a "poor" and "average" rating, and decided that it was not the entire hotel's fault I had a horrible housekeeper, so I went with "average", but my experience with the hotels cleanliness was definitely poor.

Check out was fast, as well, but no one asked about my stay, so I thought I would share it here.

Stayed March 2014
embassyconcord, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
I am so sorry to see your comments about your suite condition. Those issues should not have happened and have been addressed with our Housekeeping Department. I will not make up any excuses for what you experienced. That is not like us and it should never have happened. I greatly appreciate that you have told us about it and we will be able to determine what went wrong so it will not happen again. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and accommodations. I am glad to see that the other aspects of your stay helped to make up for the loss in your suite's cleanliness. Do know that this was a onetime thing and on your next visit, I assure you, you will not have these problems again.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a conference for two days. Beautiful hotel design. Liked the fact that emergency exit signs are at floor level for safety. Great breakfast. Rooms well designed and very clean. Love the high placement of shower head for tall guy. Great stay!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
embassyconcord, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you for your review and choosing to stay with us. I am a tall person as well and I appreciate not having to stoop down to wash my hair in the shower. It is the little things that really make a stay exceptional. Thank you for pointing that out. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

All I need to say is "Excellent." Check in was easy, room was very nice. I had king room and it was nice to have the sitting area separate from the bedroom. The bed was extremely comfortable. I can't comment on breakfast because I slept in. Bed was too comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am pleased to see that you had such a great time with us. Too bad you slept through breakfast. On your next visit you will want to try our full breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day! Be sure to come hungry.