I stayed here for three nights as part of the Ichiban Con anime convention. I typically find it easier to stay at the hotel where the event is located (even if it does cost a bit more) as I find myself returning to the room often to change outfits or store items that I've just bought downstairs. This is my first stay at an Embassy, as well as my first with a member of the Hilton hotel family.
Our suite, 304, had double beds and a pull-out sofa. It was very nicely furnished, with two flat screen TVs, wet bar, spacious bathroom with granite countertop, and plenty of seating. The bedroom is fully divided from the living space by a door, so it's entirely possible for a night owl to watch some late night TV without disturbing those who want to sleep in the bedroom. The beds were very nice and comfortable, and the furniture, though not in perfect shape, was in better condition than most hotels I've stayed in. Rooms were very clean, not to mention quiet. There was only minimal noise from the hall, and despite being near the elevators, we never did hear any of the machinery. About the only complaint is that the drain for the tub didn't seal completely unless it was held down - and it's hard to hold a drain stopper while taking a long soak in the tub. Oh yeah, and the fact that in-room internet access comes at a cost, when much cheaper places have long offered it for free.
Suites all surround a large atrium area with a very impressive water fountain in its center. Glass elevators give you a nice view of the entire atrium as you ride up or down. There's a small cafe and shop as well as the hotel's full service Rocky River Grille and its attached lounge. The restaurant was pretty good, if a bit pricey, and had a pleasant, relaxing decor. The free breakfast was served in a buffet area within the atrium, and had the largest and most impressive spread of breakfast offerings I've seen so far in a hotel - including a cooked to order omelet station. I meant to try out the manager's reception, but ended up being caught up in my event each night and never made it over there. Maybe next time...
The bulk of my time there was spent in the convention center area. The hallways could stand to use some brighter lighting, but the conference rooms themselves were well lit. All of the facilities seemed to be in good condition and well cared for. All around, staff was friendly and accommodating.
The Embassy Suites in Concord is definitely on the expensive side. Fortunately, its clean, well-maintained, well equipped, and very spacious suites make it worth the price, and are every bit as nice as the hotel's beautiful public spaces. I would have no problem at all staying here again for future events - or if I wanted to splurge a bit on a quick local getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Charlotte-Concord Golf Resort, Spa & Conference Center is located right where you want to stay. As a guest, you’ll enjoy spacious, two-room Charlotte hotel suites with a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Manager’s Reception. High-speed internet access, free parking, fitness center, onsite casual dining at the Rocky River Grille, golf at the Rocky River Golf Course and the full service salon at Spa Botanica are available daily for your use. The Embassy Suites Charlotte-Concord offers more then 42,000 square feet of flexible event and conference space, including an impressive 28,800 square foot ballroom and 26 breakout rooms. The latest in meeting technology and first-class service ensures an unrivaled meeting experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Charlotte - Concord / Golf Hotel Concord
- Embassy Suites Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort And Spa
- Embassy Suites Concord
- Concord Embassy Suites