1,526 results
All reviewsrocky riverthe manager's receptionbeautiful hotelfree drinksmade to order omeletsconvention centerthe managersfamily reunioncomplimentary breakfastbedroom suitegreat place to staybusiness triprace trackexcellent staygreat roomrace weekendindoor pool
Reviewed March 31, 2008

I was here for a board meeting, and brought along my 7 year old daughter.

The hotel itself is new and very nice, with 2-room suites throughout. This is great if you are travelling with kids. The room was great; has a fridge, microwave, wet bar, etc. Linens are new and plush; the beds were comfy.

The hotel facilities are also nice. Gym has all new Precor equipment, and the pool/spa are small but were clean. I did not use the spa - it seemed a bit pricey.

The breakfast buffet is free and is very good. They have made-to-order eggs/omelets, as well as pancakes and waffles.

Also, there is a free cocktail hour (2 drinks per night), with some snacks provided.

The only complaint I have about the place is that I was on a second floor room right above the bar. It was fine on Thursday night, but on Friday there was a band and loud music, and it was quite loud in my room. I would just caution anyone who stays there to request a room far away from the bar (or anyplace there may be a wedding reception going on) if they are there on a Friday/Saturday night.

The hotel is only about half a mile from Concord Mills and the speedway. If you are planning on going into downtown Charlotte, you should be warned that traffic can be abysmal, especially coming back from Charlotte to Concord during rush hour. I would definitely advise against staying in Concord if you need to be driving to/from downtown Charlotte near rush hour.

Overall, this is a great hotel and both I and my daughter really enjoyed our stay. Other than the noise issue, this was as good a hotel as one could expect for the rate (runs about $129-150/night).

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2008

After a few nights at the overpriced Mirage in Las Vegas, this hotel was a breath of fresh air at the same $150 price level. The rooms are in the typical two-room layout of most Embassy Suites, but the furnishings are high-end, boutique-style with two flat-screen Olevia HD televisions. The bathrooms are tiled in marble with granite counter tops. The living room area with couch/chair/ottoman/desk includes a mini-kitchen with sink, small refrigerator, microwave, and bar-top area suitable for food and snacks. The beds are comfortable. The evening manager's reception and full breakfast are included in your stay as with all Embassy Suites. This hotel went a little beyond, however, in that it also had a nice restaurant (Rocky River Grille) for lunches and dinners, and a large adjacent bar for catching a game with several flat screens. The indoor pool, outdoor sunning areas, and fitness center were also very nice, overlooking a waterfall/water feature and the adjacent golf course down the hill. If you are in town for business, this hotel is attached to the Concord Convention Center which would be suitable for a medium-sized conference. A very nice, and presumably brand new facility with loads of parking at the back door. Be careful driving into and out of Concord. The traffic on I-85 northeast of Charlotte is nothing short of "epic" at rush hours, and the state DOT in their infinite wisdom loves their rolling lane closures along this stretch of interstate. Also avoid race weekends, as you can see the Lowe's Motor Speedway from the top floors of this hotel. The good news is this exit is arguably the most popular place to stay in suburban Charlotte, being the location of Concord Mills (41 acre shopping mall), and about 100 restaurants within a half-mile of the hotel. The only complaint I would have about this location was not under the control of the hotel. A large construction site next door fires up about 7:15 in the morning, so if you aren't planning on waking by 7:30, ask for a room on the elevator side of the hotel to avoid considerable digging machinery and vehicle back-up beeping noise. No hesitation recommending this hotel to others. Top notch.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank kevboom
Reviewed February 26, 2008

Here's a copy of the letter I wrote to the hotel manager:

Dear Ms. Crawford,

I appreciate your thank you for visiting your hotel. I have visited several Embassy Suites and this hotel is by far the best in most respects. My stay was six days.

Positives:
1- Hotel is gorgeous! The décor was one of the most relaxing, inspiring and beautiful I've seen in a hotel. Nothing in the hotel or rooms smacked of cheapness!!

2- The rooms were immaculate and simply beautiful, Perfect! Loved the fitted sheets, the silent air-conditioning and bathroom venting, the space, balcony, etc. The lighting was also very balanced throughout the suite and was not harsh.

3- Dawn, who was our housekeeper, was one of the best I've ever encountered. She was extremely friendly and professional. I have never seen a bed made and turned down to perfection like she did!!

4- The breakfast was also very good but your lite pancake syrup had to go. You should also have regular syrup (couldn't find any) to give guests the option to choose.

5- Room service was just fine. Parking was great.

Negatives:

Just one negative and it was a BIG ONE for me. One of the reasons I selected this hotel was because of the up to date HD 32' televisions. Guess what; on HD broadcasts it was just marvelous except in most cases you had to strain to hear it. The hotel has a volume limiter on all the TVs in the hotel, I presume to keep TVs from annoying other guests. On some stations the maximum limit was barely sufficient, but on most channels it was really unacceptable. We had to keep perfectly silent to hear the TV. What a shame!! I spoke to other guests and they had the same complaint. I called the front desk about it but they couldn't do anything about it.

What made things even worse was that we had planned to purchase several 'On Command' movies. We tried to watch '3:10 to Yuma'; boy was that torture. Not only was the volume so low we could barely hear it but the movies weren't broadcasted in HD!! They took a widescreen movie as if it was broadcast for a regular TV and stretched it across to fit the wider HD TV. Does anyone with any viewing skills check and see the quality of this product they are selling to guests. The movie on the TV was about 4 or 5 inches tall. What a Disaster!! This is something you should address immediately!! Guests aren't stupid. Many people like me have HD TVs at home and know what the performance should be. I would have easily spent at least $150.00 in movies during my stay but instead I got a refund for the movie I attempted to watch.

For a hotel chain to go through so much trouble to make staying at your hotel a truly marvelous experience, to overlook this element of the stay is an embarrassment.

We travel often and always have found hotels lacking in some respects. This hotel would have been our highest rated experience if it wasn't for the disastrous way the TV system was implemented in your hotel.

Six days of horrible television was totally infuriating even when spent in a perfect setting!

Thanks so much

Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank NYPHIL2
Reviewed January 20, 2008

I plan my trips and life by trip advisor so I like to give reviews. We happen to stay at Embassy Suites just because we wanted to go to the mall in Charlotte. We didn’t plan to stay overnight but so glad we did…. Embassy Suites was a wonderful choice.

This hotel is less than 2 years old the rooms are very nice and clean. The rooms are up to date with flat panel LG’s in both the living area and the bedroom. The showers are just wonderful. You get a wonderful breakfast in the morning; we snuck our breakfast back up to our room and really enjoyed the last few hours we had until check out. When I return I will use their spa the rates are great and I know the service will be excellent.

Highly recommend!!! Great stay.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2007

We stayed at the this hotel from the 18th to the 21st of October. We are from California and had no idea how to get to the hotel, but we eventually found it. Great location. Next to the Lowe's Race Car Speedway. Near the freeway and other restaurants.

There was no landscaping since there was a drought at the time of our visit.

We enjoyed the hospitality and the cleanliness of the workout center and the swimming pool. We really liked the little cafe.

It was not noisy when we stayed there. It was very quiet.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family