Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Concord
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family always enjoy staying at the Embassy Suites. Close to food and shopping. I have used my reward points here before. The personnel are always nice and helpful. Really enjoy eating breakfast here.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
yerrt, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for your recent review. It sounds like you are a frequent customer of the hotel and a Hilton Honors member. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to serve you again.

Terry Crawford

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Clean, pleasant, comfortable and quiet rooms. Staff was professional and friendly. I would stay here again. Complimentary hot breakfast and complimentary happy hour give this experience the frosting on the cake.

2  Thank Antonio B

Thank you for your recent TA review. We appreciate your comments about our staff and the service you received. We hope to serve you again.

Terry Crawford

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Embassy has some of the largest rooms in the Hilton brand. These rooms are in top shape and look like they did when it was new. Great gym, spa and pool. The breakfast has everything you can imagine. The grill has a new menu and needs some help. I like the original one better. I'd like to see bbq or some tribute to southern food. It's Charlotte! Great food options should be easy here. Service is great and Charles and Nicky in the grill deserve 5 stars for the service. If you like golf you can take the shuttle to the course less than 2 minute drive.
Huge ball room and great facility for business.

Room Tip: Honors floor for a great view. We watched over 30 fireworks display on the 4th.
2  Thank Ron M
embassyconcord, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

50 nights with us! You are family when you stay that many nights! Thank you for being such a loyal guest. We just changed our restaurant menu and are still working through the adjustments. It has been well received but we certainly understand that to our repeat guests it might take some time to get used to the change.

Charles and Nicky are top notch associates in our restaurant and I will share your praises with them.

Thanks again for your review and choosing to stay with us as often as you do. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The 2 bedroom suites are amazing, very good value for the price. The Hotel is beautiful from the lobby to the room everything is first class. It is close to a lot of restaurants and a mall is close by.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

All our suites are great but, you are right, a 2 bedroom suite is extra amazing. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at this ES during a school yearbook conference, and I have to say I was very, very impressed by my stay. First, arrival was a breeze. There was another person in front of me checking in with the desk clerk. The other lady (perhaps a manager) was on the phone, but put her call on hold to check me in. Such a nice change from being made to wait until the one desk person is available. I was given passes for all 4 of us for the hot breakfast and an internet password. The internet is not free, but it was included in our conference package and we had no problems with the internet service. The lobby is beautiful. We spent a few minutes looking around at the spacious commons area. Once we got to our room, I was again wonderfully surprised. We had booked a suite even though there was only 4 of us. I am a teacher traveling with 3 female students, so I was not comfortable sharing a room with only 2 beds leaving us to have to purchase a cot rental unless I shared a bed. The suite ($199 conference special price... but the suite is well worth the original price) was spacious and came with 2 bedrooms: a room with a king and a room with 2 doubles. Plus, the couch pulled out into a bed if we had needed more sleeping space. The living area was between the 2 bedrooms giving me privacy and quiet at night when the girls stayed up later than I did. The bed was super comfortable. In fact, the only complaint I would even begin to have is that the bed and pillows were almost too soft. I'm used to firmer beds and pillows because of some back problems, but I used one of the superfluous pillows on my bed to prop my knees up the second night and woke up just fine... no back pain. But it was extremely nice. The bathroom was clean and the towels were of nice quality... not scratchy like some hotels. We ate the hot breakfast both mornings. It was the same food, but it was good so no complaints (eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, toast, muffins, fruit, etc.... oh and an omelet bar with a guy making omelets which we didn't use but looked great). As someone traveling with teens, I think they may benefit from giving a cereal option to appeal to them (they had mostly healthier stuff, a fruit loops or cocoa pebbles or something may have appealed to the younger crowd more, but my kids just filled up on the other stuff instead). Check out was amazingly fast... and efficient. I asked for a paper receipt for bookkeeping reasons for the school, but you could have it emailed which would have cut it even shorter. I was there for maybe a grand total of 5 minutes... maybe.
Overall, I was very very pleased with this place. I would recommend it again and I would most definitely stay there again (even though I only live about 1.25 hours away). You won't be sorry if you stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite which would be ideal for families of 5+
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wordteacher
embassyconcord, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Wow! What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to share your great comments. Our 2 bedroom suites are the perfect option for larger families. It is certainly cheaper than renting 2 suites and gives everyone plenty of living space. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our family had an unplanned stay at this hotel and was happy with our choice. The evening reception was nice and offered healthy choices. This hotel was very family friendly. The staff was helpful and attentive. We will return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
embassyconcord, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Whatever the reason(s) we are glad you chose to stay with us! Thank you for your review. We try to be the perfect hotel/resort for all travelers and that is why we offer so much. Now that you have experienced our hospitality, please make sure to come back and stay with us again. Stay a bit longer on your next visit and try our Rocky River Grille, Spa Botanica, or Rocky River Golf Course.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel is very nice. The restaurant has a good variety and the food is great! The rooms are nice. The only problem I had were the pillows (small and not much to them) but overall the experience is good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
embassyconcord, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your review. If you ever need more pillows, feel free to ask and we can deliver more. I am glad to see that everything else about your stay was great.