Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Top Notch!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a top notch facility. The entire property is clean as a whistle. Staff is professional, friendly and courteous. My room was spotless with a very comfortable bed. I simply can't rate this facility any higher because tripadvisor won't allow a higher rating.

• Stayed June 2013
embassyconcord, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for the glowing review! I will post this one on the associate board for all to see. You have made our day with your comments. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Alan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the weekend of the Coca Cola 600 so I chose it purely based on location relative to the NASCAR race shops and track. Very typical Hilton layout, service and layout. Very comfortable with a nice restaurant and bar.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Stephen M
yerrt, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay during the Coca Cola 660 NASCAR race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Thank you for commenting on our service and proximity to the track...1/2 mile. We hope to serve you again for the 2014 600 race.

Terry Crawford
Cary
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Nice hotel. Very clean and well maintained. Beautiful lobby. Convenient parking in a well lighted parking lot. We checked in about 8pm. We were the only people checking in at that time and so it was super fast. I only had to show my ID and credit card and we were given our room keys and off we went to our room. When we got to our room, I ordered extra pillows, and I do mean extra, and someone from housekeeping promptly arrived a few minutes later with an armful. The beds were wonderful with crisp white sheets, fluffy pillows and super soft comforters. It was divine.

The way in which the room had been serviced was a little disappointing though. I don't know whether the housekeeping staff was in a big hurry or simply ran out of supplies, but I was a bit annoyed about having to call the housekeeping staff a second time. Both the toilet paper and the facial tissues were down to their very last sheets and the coffee setup was incomplete. I was, on the other hand, very happy to find two cold bottles of water in the little fridge. The room was very clean and well maintained.

Breakfast was not as good as I've come to expect from Embassy Suites. It was a Sunday morning and we arrived for breakfast at 10am. Breakfast was over at 10:30 but that seemed like plenty of time to have a nice breakfast. My biggest disappointment was to find out that they don't serve pancakes on the weekend. Ugh! They substitute made to order pancakes with lukewarm, somewhat dry French toast on a breakfast bar. I could have maybe overlooked that except they ran out of caffeinated coffee at both of their coffee tables by 10:05a.m. Breakfast ran until 10:30 so there is no good reason to run out of coffee. The dining staff didn't think that was a big deal and recommended I have the decaffeinated instead. Unfortunately since my room also had only decaffeinated coffee, I was quite insistent that someone locate full strength coffee for me. Luckily a very sweet lady asked me to follow her and took me to some sort of super secret coffee spot. I wish I had gotten her name because she saved the morning for me. :)

I'm still giving this hotel high marks regardless of a few hiccups. I had a great night's sleep and overall I would highly recommend the property.

Room Tip: Typically I request a room away from the elevators to avoid excessive noise. This time I forgot to a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
embassyconcord, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. You were very understanding and I thank you for that. We obviously were not at our best during your stay. Running out of coffee for breakfast is not acceptable. I am glad to know that one of our staff took the time to help you personally and get you the coffee you wanted. I have shared your comments (both good and bad) with my staff and we all will work to ensure this does not happen to future guests.

We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

king of Prussia, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Good Hotel - Very slow check in. If you plan on getting to the hotel and checking in fast this is not the place. Unfortunately its a clean nice hotel, but every time I stay there the check in process takes a minimum of 20 to 30 minutes. So it is exhausting to say the least. Also make sure that you ask them a couple of times to program your room key the right way. Every single time I have stayed at this hotel I have to go back to the front desk to have them re program my key because of not doing it correctly the first time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our suite was quite nice - comfy bed, two TVs, wet bar and average bathroom. Complimentary hot breakfasts were great - eggs and omelettes cooked to order plus lots of other selections. Full-height atrium lobby is fun - dramatic views from al levels into lobby. The hotel is right next to the Charlotte Speedway and 1/2 mile from major outlet center.

Room Tip: No paticular floor level is recommended - all are fine.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank agrathwol
embassyconcord, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Breakfast is one of the main pillars of our brand at Embassy Suites. Nothing can start a day better than a full, cooked to order breakfast. I am glad to see your stay with us was a success. Feel free to come back and stay longer and try our Rocky River Grille, our Spa Botanica, and/or our Rocky River Golf Course.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed @ the Concord Embassy on Saturday (6/8/13), but when we arrived(3:45pm) we were not able to check in, check in is @ 4pm so we didn't get to bothered by that so we sat in the lobby and waited and waited. I can say this is the first time in 15 yrs. we have been staying in a Hilton property that we had to wait a hour after the stated check in time and we were not the only ones. One guy said he hasn't ever experience this before either. When they finally checked us in @5pm, it was explained to us that housekeeping was the reason for us not being able to check in. When we left the lobby there were still two families waiting whose rooms were not ready.
This event was very unacceptable for my husband and myself we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Your staff was very nice and apologized we were given 25% off the bill that was ok but I would have rather been in my room on time. I would have expected someone to offer some coffee something to drink to the at least five families waiting, this could have been handled better.
The next day we were suppose to have a late check out and guess what housekeeping was trying to open the door @ 12:15 pm, then the front desk called (12:30) and woke my husband up to ask what time we were checking out (WOW). We had already set the check-out time up the day before.

Room Tip: Room 1130 all you could hear were the pipes making noises.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to hear about your poor experience during your stay with us. No excuses for the fact that you were unable to get into your suite at 4pm. There are times when we are challenged with the flipping of rooms from guests checking out and new guests checking in. I like your idea of having the staff offer more to help the wait time pass by offering complimentary beverages or food. Having you wait in our lounge would have been far better than just waiting in the atrium.

It also looks like there is an opportunity to improve our level of internal communication. If you had been given a late check-out, then no one from the Front Desk to Housekeeping should have disturbed you. I will certainly pass along your comments for my staff to review and refine our procedures.

Please know that this was not a true picture of who we are. When travelling to Concord again, please give us another try and I assure you will not be disappointed.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Whenever I always stay at the Embassy Suite Hotels. I am never disappointed. I love the extra space in the rooms The hotel staff has always been pleasant, courteous, friendly, and professional. I'll always come back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

yerrt, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for survey and kind comments on your stay. It sounds like you are a loyal fan of the Embassy Suites brand and we appreciate you chosing our property on your travels. We hope you select us again on your next trip to the Charlotte/Concord NC area.

Terry Crawford