Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Raleigh, NC
“Clean & Reasonable”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Clean and very spacious room, good shower, nice bedding. As with most hotels, the room was a little dark. We had to turn on all the lights it seemed. My wife loved the outlet, mirror locations and lighting for doing her hair and applying her makeup. The closet door (mirrored) was somewhat inconvenient but not a big deal. Convenient to I85 and Charlotte. The big negative was not having free wifi.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
embassyconcord, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. Whatever your travel reasons, our suites can accommodate your needs. While there is a charge for wifi in the suites, it is always free in the lobby and first floor hotel public areas. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we wish you a safe and happy new year!

Alan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
hpt
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Ok, we opted to stay here for a few days around the Christmas holiday....as we have stayed here before. I am & was aware THIS Embassy only permits TWO adult beverages a day per guest. Now, there is another Embassy IN charlotte...but DO NOT stay there...FYI: there is online footage of it raining INSIDE that location.

Now, back to Char-Con Embassy...

Upon check-in at 3:35 (on a HOLIDAY weekend) there was ONLY ONE person to do so.
As I arrived, there was a lady simply asking about rates for the next two weeks...the conceirge NEVER acknowledge NONE of us in the line....or said, I will be with you all in a moment. This process with the questioning future guest took upwards of ten minutes..

As my turn approaches.......I am like whatever, just give me a room....PLEASE, I already HAVE a reservation on file.. (SMILE)

Ok, once inside the room on the TOP floor (as requested), I see this Embassy, no longer provides the plastic bags for the ice cooler. Ok...?
We just washed it out a few times, and decided to roll on...

I have been a GOLD member for a while, mainly due to my job sending me ALL over the place and MY desire to travel. I have been to almost ALL 50states...This Embassy mini-fridge got really cold and the bath water gets really hot.........ahhhh, relaxation @ its finest! FYI: The ice machine was kinda hidden and not well marked....one could walk around the entire floor IF not careful.

This Embassy, has a Wal-Mart up the street along with several shops, eats, and a GreatWolf Lodge! The Charlotte Motor Speedway is visable from your room...and they had a lighted Christmas display where you could drive thru and enjoy the display.

For it being a holiday weekend, this Embassy, was not even at 50% capacity.

Everything was scaled back...........the breakfast options on our first morning ALL had to be provided by the short-order cook. The ONLY thing on the self-serve bar was a tub of watermelon and bread. On our second day, it was a typical Embassy lay-out....On day one, I opted to take my breakfast tray up to my room...once I completed my meal, I left it on the bar region and we left to go see family. When we returned approx. 6:30PM the tray was STILL in the room...((REALLY)))............I wasn't happy about that...we thought, perhaps they had someone complain about their tray being removed due to "them" not being done....IDK, but to see it there ALL day long.....again, I was disappointed.

Ok, now inside the room by the toilet were approx 7-8 black spots near the base of the toliet...Since we were women staying in the room...........yeah.........I think you get it.

On the long decorative throw bed pillow contained a kernel of popcorn. We noticed it on day two.
I dont eat popcorn.........so as I pulled it off, as I was retiring for the night......I was grossed OUT, to say the least.

Attached, is a pic of the computer area in this Embassy...albeit nicely furnished....it was in disarray due to the clipping and random other papers on the desk.

Final incident, (I promise)............
On our first night, we wanted to enjoy the manager's reception....it wasn't held in the typical open Embassy region.......you had to go to the bar...there were NO signs indicating this.

Once in the bar region, we simply sat at the bar...I requested a draft beer.
A woman, behind the bar..........said "Drafts Aint on the specail.." I was like hmmm, ok, then what beer is? A loud audible sigh was delivered, then she said " If you walk over here, you can see the sign...."

I was done!

A gentleman approached who was also behind the bar, indicated he was the bartender and that woman, was just a server and reviewed which beers could be enjoyed during this happy hour feature.
I was still appauled by her banter, so I went to the front desk to ask for a manager. The GM, Mr [--], of course wasn't in...........but I mentioned Ms [--]'s tone and her exact wording.

The front desk dispatched the on-duty mgr, who came to listen to my side, my guest's side, the bartender's perspecitive as well as Ms [--]'s. A couple of comp coffee tickets were presented...but I was still once again, let down by THIS EMBASSY.........so much so, as I am now back up state, we are staying in "our" Embassy....in an effort to UNDO the poor impression that This Embassy made..........

A very disappointed guest in Rm 1107.

Room Tip: Double check room for small things... #ijs
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
embassyconcord, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
I am terribly sorry to hear about your stay with us over the holidays. While the hotel was very quiet there was no reason for you to have experienced some of the poor service that you encountered. Room cleanliness, as well, should not have been an issue during your stay. You are right that there are times when the Suite Attendant removes the tray of food from the room and the guest wanted to keep it. It sometimes is a judgment call and we would rather not throw anything away unless it is obviously put in the trash can or left outside of the suite.

Due to the low occupancy, we did move the Manager's Reception to our lounge to add more of an atmosphere instead of having it in a large, empty atrium. We obviously have some work to do to improve communication to our guests when this happens.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us an honest review. I will share this with my staff and we will learn from it. Please do not think that your stay represents what we offer here. We are not perfect and it certainly showed during your stay. For that I am truly sorry. Please try us again and I assure you, you will be happy you did.

Alan
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel with beautiful decor. Front desk staff were nice & professional. Great breakfast and free happy hour.

The only issue we encountered was housekeeping. We slept in one morning and left at noon. We asked the front desk to ensure our room was cleaned and they said they'd be sure it was done. You can imagine our displeasure when we returned to an unclean room later that night.

• Stayed December 2012
yerrt, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your review and feedback from your stay with us. I apologize for the housekeeping mistake and will make sure that our Team is aware of it and takes steps to shore up the communication. Thank you for your positive comments on the front desk team, complimentary breakfast and our nightly manager's reception. I hope you will consider our hotel on your next trip to the Concord area.

Raleigh, NC
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites several times over the last few years and have been pleased each time. The nicest thing about the rooms is the abundance of space; there is a large living room with sofa and chair so you never feel cramped. Then there is the separate bedroom, either with double beds or a king. Most hotels only offer the bedroom, so you have to sit on the beds, but here the suite is the drawing card! My only complaint is regarding the breakfast buffet they offer; it is a mad house with people all over everything and they don't keep the hot food well stocked. I'm happy with the cold choices, so it wasn't a problem for me. But if this is something they offer, it needs to be done more efficiently. Overall, an extremely nice place to stay for the cost.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
yerrt, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your recent review and you comments on your stay. I appreciate your feedback about our complimentary breakfast and will investigate and work with our team to solve the concerns. Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to the Concord, NC area.

Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. We like to stay at Embassy Suites whenever they're available. This was by far the best Embassy Suites ever. The hotel was absolutely world class - it looked like it was brand new. The hotel furnishings were superb as was the room. Breakfast is always the best. Thanks to all of the professional and friendly staff, especially those who keep the hotel looking new each day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Charlotte Motor Speedway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
yerrt, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your review and spending a portion of your Thanksgiving Holiday weekend with us. By your comments, it sounds like you are a fan and a loyal customer of the Embassy Suites brand and to have you title our hotel as ......"The best Embassy ever" is as good as it gets! Thank you for your great comments and feedback. We look forward to hosting you again should your travels bring you back to our area.

Ohio
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a one night's stay here over Thanksgiving. The hotel was so clean and the staff was so friendly. We enjoyed a complimentary breakfast buffet and took advantage of the workout facility (small, but adequate and clean). Our suite was roomy and clean and had everything we could possibly need or want. Wish we could have stayed longer and definitely will stay again!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
yerrt, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your review and your comments on the hotel amenities and specifically your comments on the cleanliness of the hotel. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to host you on your next trip to our area.

Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Attended a meeting in this finely appointed hotel. The super nice staff greeted me as soon as I walked in the door. The atrium style hotel is an ideal facility for meetings and family getaways. All rooms are two room suites. My room was perfect! Clean, fresh smelling and quite. There is a nice pool, work out facility and a Spa I wish I had time to visit. I will make a return visit with my family so we can shop at Concord Mills, play a little golf at their course and take in a little spa treatment. Thank you team Embassy Concord, I will be back!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
embassyconcord, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte - Concord / Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your detailed review. Our hotel can and does offer it all for not only the business traveler here for a meeting but also for the family on a vacation. I am so glad to hear that you were greeted by our staff upon entering the hotel. That sets the tone for any guest's stay and we want all our guests to know how much we appreciate their choosing to stay with us. We look forward to having you and your family visit us and experience our many resort options such as the restaurant, spa, and golf course on your next visit.

Alan Benson