“A rare appearance on the "Chain-gang"”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #241 of 318 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went into a chain restaurant, something I seldom do. I remember having a very good meal in another Chili's up north, so my sister, cousin, and I gave it a shot, and it was a pleasant meal and experience.

I had the fajita trio, with beef, steak, and chicken, all of which were expertly prepared and extremely tasty. The vegetables were fresh and tastier than I'm used to in the mid-winter, and a splash of lime helped a lot. A cup of chili was light on heat but right there in the flavor area...definitely not Texas style, but very edible.

The only shortcoming was in the beer department, where I wasn't really expecting much from a family restaurant in the middle of Budweiser country. In the end, I've had lots less appetizing meals from family and local restaurants. Olé Chilis!

1  Thank MisterJJ

Reviewed February 15, 2013

There are some things I really like at chilis and then others are just ok. I love their queso dip with their chips. They have the best chips of any place we have been. I think price wise they are a little high for what they offer. Service all depends on the server you get. Some are great and some just are there because it is a job.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our waitress must not have been feeling well the night we visited. She hardly spoke to us, not very pleasant to my daughter (5 yrs old), who is extremely well behaved. Her lack of gesture and smile really hurt our feelings. My daughter even asked me, "did I do something wrong?". That broke my heart. We weren't picky or demanding; we just expect to see a kind face and a person to be sure our drinks are full. Obviously this was a tall order for her. Very disappointed.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is an average place to eat with an average service...although beats eating fast food in the Mall’s food court. I ordered a well done steak but they just burned it… it was overcooked and dry.

The first time I was there about a year ago it was ok…so it’s not always bad. Again is better than eating junk food at the food court so I would probably eat there again and get a salad.

Service was good though

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I recently visited the restaurant and was very disappointed with the service. The hostess was unfriendly and unprofessional. The waiter wasn't around very often, especially to remove my dirty plates. The person who brought my food, not my waiter, was unpleasant. It seems like the staff doesn't want to work on Sunday. They were around like "zombies". The food is good, but a bit salty. The floor around my table and wall were dirty. I hope manager addresses these issues. I must say, I have visited this Chili's on Fridays and Saturdays and they have great service and friendly staff.

1  Thank RodB77