“Great Choice Already, Getting Better”
Review of Aroma

Aroma
Ranked #22 of 305 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Indian
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Great Choice Already, Getting Better”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Second visit here and upgrading my review from 4 stars to 5 stars. The food here is ridiculously good. My wife and I were the only non - Indians dining on our second visit. Kinks in the service from the first visit have been worked out. The menu is huge. Ask for advice as necessary.

I am now looking for excuses to go to Concord so I can eat here again. And again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank David Y

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“A Great Choice Near Concord Mills Mall”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I enjoy shopping at Concord Mills. I hate the fact that there aren't many (any?) good restaurants nearby. Until now! I will eat at this restaurant every time I go to the mall, or by it.

We were there for dinner, so no buffet. I ordered the lamb biryani and my friend had one of the many dosas. Both were delicious. I asked for my biryani at medium heat, and it was at the high end of my tolerance, but not above it. The lamb was very tender and the rice moist. The dosa was huge, and I understand that the restaurant does some kind of all you can eat dosas special that I will have to check out.

On the downside, for some reason, I keep ordering samosas at Indian restaurants, hoping for once that they won't be exactly like the frozen ones I have bought at Costco. Unfortunately, the samosas here are the same as they always are. Microwaved from frozen.

Which leads me to my second reservation about the place: the menu was HUGE. I would rather see a smaller menu and have everything kept and cooked more fresh. With a menu that tries to be all things to all people some shortcuts are going to creep in in terms of freshness.

In November when I went, the restaurant had been open only 4 months. The husband and wife owners do the service, with the assistance of one busser/water guy. We had zero problems, but I could see some other tables trying to get more help. On a very busy night this could be a real problem.

The owners REALLY wanted us to be happy with our choices. I had half of my biryani left because there was so much and so I told the wife-owner that I couldn't finish it. She thought I meant I did not like it and said she did not want me to pay for something I didn't like. I assured her that I liked it alot and she was very happy.

1 Thank David Y
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent stuff”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I belongs to North India but at times, I like to eat Dosa as well. I am living in Richmond for almost a year now but trust me, never had such a great DOSA selection in Richmond what I got here at Aroma.

And on top of this, taste was awesome, size was superb (excellent value for money).

I wish, I would have spent few more days here at Concord to taste other cuisines offered by Aroma. I will always comeback to Aroma whenever passing by Concord.

Washington DC
“Great Indian food in the middle of nowhere”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

In an absolute wasteland of horrible, ghastly chain restaurants, I stumbled into this wonderful Indian restaurant. The service isn't slick, but it is extremely friendly. The food is delicious, tasty as some of the high-price DC joints I have frequented. This sleek little spot is located right in the exact middle of nowhere, close to the unspeakably wretched Mayflower fried seafood dump. Go!

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“The only place I will eat near Concord Mills”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

• Visited November 2013

Been to Aroma? Share your experiences!