“Not what it use to be but still good.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #102 of 305 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Midland, North Carolina
“Not what it use to be but still good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This has always been my favorite restaurant. I hadn't went for a while but I took my kids recently for the first time. They're six and eight and I thought they'd enjoy it. Portions are large like normal. Lunch is half the price of dinner but the same amount of food. You always get stuffed and have enough to eat the next day and get stuffed all over again. Show wise - they use to be better but they're still good. Seems like they are all doing the same thing now with the same jokes. (We watched the others while waiting on ours.) We went for dinner and I was the only parent with children under the teen age. My boys are very good though. I saw the looks from others when they sat down and probably thought "oh no kids at our table." They were surprised by the end of their maturity. I did feel unwelcomed though. I'll go back on a weekend for lunch. That's when more kids are there and I don't get that look. lol. I'd still opt for the lunch though if I hadn't wanted to do a big splurge. Same thing but half price.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Harrisburg, North Carolina
“Sogos on Poplar Tent Road”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Sogos on Poplar Tent has great food as they all do, but the difference is the service. Juan is an employee at this location and he is a major disapointment. He is always on his cell phone, gets my orders incorrect, and acts as if I the customer is an inconvience to him. Do not go to this location. Hopefully the managers will fix this issue soon.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Kannapolis, North Carolina
“HUGE Portions, Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Visited on a Thursday night & was surprised that they offer combination plates for 2 for $23.95. We paid the extra $3 for filet mignon. The chef was entertaining & made my 5 yr old feel special. I'm sure this place is packed on weekends, so weeknight was a good time to visit.

• Visited January 2013
“Not good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten at a lot of Japanese restaurant and this one by far is the worst. The rice was awful. The chef was awful with his act. I am Asian and when you messed up my rice it is really bad.

2 Thank asianredneck
Concord, North Carolina
“Great food, fast service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We love soho on Branchview. We advise sharing because you get so much food and it's a little expensive. Best Japanese Steakhouse in Concord, in our opinion.

2 Thank ashleymeaves

Been to Sogo? Share your experiences!