“Almost a perfect score but....”

Comfort Suites Concord Mills
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Dallas, Georgia
“Almost a perfect score but....”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

..... I couldn't give it one. Overall my stay was great. The decor of the hotel was very nice. The hallways were very nice. My room was very modern looking and looked like it was freshly renovated. I couldn't give a perfect score though because of the workout room. This is the second comfort suites in a month that I have stayed at where the hotel would've gotten a perfect score but the workout room was terrible. This particular comfort suites had a workout room that had a treadmill, a stepper, and a bike. The problem is all three looked like they came out of the 80s era. They are in desperate need of replacement. If you're going to have your hotel look freshly renovated and nice you got to go all the way and have new equipment. I would stay here again but probably not until they replaced equipment because I rely on having a good workout room as I like to keep a good workout regimen. It helps me unwind from a stressful day. All in although I give this hotel a four out of five.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Vickie H, General Manager at Comfort Suites Concord Mills, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your honesty and just wanted you to know that updated workout equipment is in our plans for early 2014. As a workout enthusiest myself I do understand the need for up to date equipment.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and bring to my attention issues that concern you. What is important to my guest is imprtant to me!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have stayed at this Comfort Suites several times in conjunction with an October vacation. Each year there are improvements. Each year we marvel at how clean it is and what a friendly staff. Great location for NASCAR, shopping, sightseeing and eating. Breakfast is varied and fresh. Tons of restaurants around. Great value - and did I tell you how clean it is?! Renovations happening too so we are looking forward to next year's visit.

Room Tip: One of the best things is that this hotel offers all interior corridor rooms - makes it quiet and I...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Christy,

It was certainly our pleasure having you as our guest once again. I enjoyed meeting you.
Thank you for your positive review, we greatly appreciate it.
We do have guest room renovations planned for early 2014, this will include all new bedding, drapes and furniture.
I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Concord area.
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed October 4, 2013

For the price this is the best anyone can hope for. And better than pricier places we have stayed in. Convenient location (restaurants, Concord Mills shopping and Charlotte Motor Speedway), friendly staff and very quiet, comfortable and spacious rooms. Included breakfast is adequate for getting your day started. Clean and well kept during our stays. Best rates and latest arrival times seem to be available by calling the hotel front desk.

Room Tip: Just tell the front desk of your needs.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GMConcord, General Manager at Comfort Suites Concord Mills, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your positive review regarding your recent stay with us.
We appreciate your choosing our hotel while you were in the Concord area for the second time.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at Comfort Suites-Concord last night. The Double bed room was very spacious. The Staff was friendly and the location is great! You will be very close to great shopping and many restaurants. This is also a great location if you are attending a concert at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Jkraushaar43
GMConcord, General Manager at Comfort Suites Concord Mills, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive review.
We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed August 4, 2013

First the hotel is under construction or was under construction. The running boards have been removed and that left plaster and dirt strewn about the hotel. The room numbers are taped to the doors. Our door would not close unless you slammed it shut. Shower knob is broken or loose. Night stand handles are broken. There was stains down the wall, looked like beer or some kind of liquid. We were told the beds would be queen but they were full size beds. There wAs a used bar of soap in the bathroom sink. There were not a sheet set for the fold out bed. The desk lamp would not turn on. When we arrived in the room, the ironing board and iron was in the middle of the room. The covers would not accommodate two persons sleeping in one bed.
Overall, a terrible dirty hotel. They put a receipt for the wrong person under our door. The front desk clerk wouldn't give us a receipt for our room because we booked through Expedia, so we do not know how much we were charged.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Gritted
I'd like to apologize for the condition of our hotel during our renovation period. There is no excuse for the items in your room not functioning properly or not being cleaned to Comfort Suites standards prior to your check-in. We strive very hard for complete guest satisfaction, unfortunatly there are times like during our renovation period that we fail to meet and exceed our guests expectations.
We would have been happy to move you to another room on another floor had we been informed during your stay of the issues you have addressed on this posting.
Again, I do apologize and hope the next time you are in the Concord area you will chose to give us another try.
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We Pricelined this room. Based on other reviews, there is a common thread between a pricelined room and unhappy campers. The outside looked fine. Lobby was iffy as there was an area near the desk that was in total shambles. Did not know this place was under renovation. First room we had was stuffy. Turned on the air...went to use the bathroom and there was no flush handle attached...it was on the back of the toilet with no way to attach. Call the desk. Switch rooms to one down the hall. Must have been used by President Lincoln at one time. Suite with living area with pull out love seat and bedroom with 2 doubles (not queen.) Hot, sticky and stuffy as they don't believe in air conditioning the rooms. One air conditioner works, the other does not. Room overlooks flat roof area with major puddles on it. Curtains in both rooms are very stained, shabby and dirty. Don't touch. Need the extra pullout couch sleep area. Call the desk. What? I need to come pick up the extra linens at the desk? okay. Look scrutinizingly at the couch again. Hmmmm. I don't think I want to touch this couch, much less sit on it, or much less touch the cushions to sleep on it. Family decides to bunk up and sleep in the beds together. Hmmmm. The beds. Okay guys...don't let any part of the bedding touch you. Could read a newspaper thru the sheets. Blankets were brown and disgustingly old....don't think they get washed often. TV in the bedroom? Hmmmm. Haven't seen one of those analog TVs in a while...on a stand. Well, turn it on, catch the news. What? The remote doesn't work? Okay...we'll just try to sleep and get up and get out of this place ASAP. Oh, you're hot? Well this window unit from the 60's cannot blow out anything but warm sticky air.... so crank up the one in the other room and maybe the cooler air will reach into here. There's more, why bother. You get the picture. I think they should have have put yellow tape around this room until it was renovated. Priceline or not....This room should have been condemned. No thanks Priceline....I'll just pay for a place where I'm actually cleaner after my shower. This came up as a three star on priceline. No way. Yechhhhhhhh. On a positive note...oh yeah..there isn't one here.

Room Tip: If you stay at a place...keep asking for a better room until you are satisfied with the cleanliness...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vickie H, General Manager at Comfort Suites Concord Mills, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Please accept my sincere apologies for all of the issues you experienced during your stay with us. I wish this could have been addressed at the property level during your stay, we would have done what ever we could to either correct the issues you have mentioned or we would have gladly upgraded your room. Since your last stay with us we have renovated all of our public areas and all the guest rooms have new bedding. We are planning full guest room renovations in early 2014.
Again, I do apologize that you were unhappy with your stay, regardless of how your room was reserved we want all of our guest to be completely satisfied.
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Spent the afternoon of and overnight around a concert. Room was clean and comfortable enough. There was a shuttle advertised that picked up there for concerts at Verizon. I didn't use but would have been an ok deal. Hotel nothing special but great location and price was very good.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate you staying with us while in Concord attending a concert. We have done some renovations and a few upgrades since your last stay with us. We hope the next time your in the Concord area you will chose to stay with us again.