“Not happy”

Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Concord
New York, United States
“Not happy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

After traveling and working all day I was looking forward to relaxing in my room. AS i started to get settled in I noticed a roach on my wall and a ladybug on the ceiling. I tried calling the front desk but the phone didn't work properly. When I realized i couldn't use the phone to schedule I wake up call I decided to set the alarm clock and realized that didn't work either. I asked that my room be sprayed and cleaned the next day (I was told there were no other rooms). When I came back later the next day, they couldn't tell me if an exterminator had sprayed the room just that maintenance fixed everything. My clock was fixed and I never tried the phone. Overall, It was not a good experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Bari T
rbt9875, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Concord Charlotte, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
I am very sorry to hear about the problems you encountered, this is not typical. We do have regular pest control services. I will certainly be reaching out to our pest control company. We truly strive to ensure each of our guests has a fantastic stay and while we do encounter issues with an alarm clock or light bulb going out we do try to be very proactive. One item that we are trying to relay to our guestsis that our telephones have two seperate lines and if the line 1 or line 2 button is not pressed there won't be a dial tone. Again my sincere apologies!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Dry Fork, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is a great place to stay while on your shopping spree at Concord Mills and surrounding shopping centers! And the restaurants nearby are great, too. My friends and I had a blast - two full days of shopping, and a restful night at the Hampton in-between. The breakfast next morning was really good, too!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for your feedback! We have a great location and are maybe a mile from Concord Mills, as you know. We are getting ready for the holiday and hope you will come back to see us.
Arnold, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

The hotel is very convenient to everything, shopping, dining, etc. and its just off the I85 exit. It's also a short drive to downtown Charlotte. I stayed on business and I arrived late and left early, but the whole experience was positive.

The front desk was busy when I arrived with no reservation, but the staff quickly set me up with a room and even gave me a couple of options. I took the King bed room.

The room was clean and comfortable and everything was in good condition.

Breakfast was typical Hampton and the dining area was clean and well stocked. The lady running the kitchen greeted me with a smile and offered me several options. I settled on hot oatmeal with toppings and yogurt and it was all good.

The front desk was cheerful and offered me a togo bag when I checked out.

Overall a positive experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! We are very fortunate to be part of the Hilton family of hotels. Also I would like to take the opportunity to let you know that Hampton is stepping up the breakfast, we have new items that have already been rolled out and I think very soon you might think we have a Wow breakfast.
jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

was surprised by the size of the rooms.. was very clean and quiet. we were there for a NAGA and our daughter needed peace and quiet to rest. had no issues. the room was clean,the beds were comfortable and the staff very nice. we would so stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are so glad to hear you had a nice stay! That tells us we are moving in the right direction. Our team takes a lot of pride in the hotel and again I will say we truly strive to provide great service and a clean, comfortable guest room! Thank you so much.
Upstate New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Very nice and clean with a friendly staff. Cookies in the lobby, coffee and tea always available and a decent breakfast make this a good place to stay. The lobby is very nice and the eating area also with a big screen TV. We enjoyed our stay here and will come back when in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
What a great title for your post! We are proud to be part of the Hampton/Hilton family of hotels! While we may not be the newest hotel we have done some great updates to our hotel but its the team that makes us and the entire brand of Hamptons a step above the others. It's service and what we all call our Hamptonality! Thank you for your kind words!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have stayed at several Hampton Inn Hotels and this is definitely one of the best I have stayed at. The hotel and room was very clean and comfortable, the location was close to shopping, restaurants and has a close proximity to the freeway. The staff was very friendly, courteous and knowledgable. I will definitely stay here again when I need a hotel in that area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Concord to attend a Panthers game. The manager on duty, Ricardo Williams, warmly greeted us at the desk. He then offered to moved us to a higher floor so that we would not be disturbed by a wedding party booked to stay on our floor. Our room was spacious and very clean. All of the staff were friendly and attentive throughout our stay. The free breakfast was good. The hotel is a short drive into downtown Charlotte, and being close to the airport was not inconvenient at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
rbt9875, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Concord Charlotte, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We are very pleased to hear you had a great stay and hope that you will come back and see us again soon. Concord really does have a lot to offer and thank you for choosing our hotel, we know there are other options out there!