“Very Good value but..”

Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Texas
“Very Good value but..”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights recently. The public areas are really quite nice as are the rooms. Perhaps the rooms could do with a little updating but as with most Hamptons these days, the beds are comfortable and clean, the TV works and the wi-fi is acceptable. No problems in any of these areas. However please note the air conditioner is located beneath the window as in many hotels. The fabric drapes are merely decorative and do not close. To block out the light and or for privacy you need to close the plasticky / rubbery privacy drapes. However due to their stiff nature they have a bit of a mind of their own. If there are any curls or twists in them then they do not fully close. As a result the security lights in the car park make the room seem like daylight in the middle of the night. After the first night I did call maintenance and a guy came to the room. I told him that even a clothes pin to hold the curtains together would be fine - however after the visit I never heard from him again and after I came back to the room later that evening it was like prison searchlights all over again (Note: from conversations with other guests I believe at least some other rooms are like this as well - probably a function of the drapes material), Perhaps take your own pin?

I still gave the hotel 4 stars since it is very good besides this and the staff were generally very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Beaufort, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very clean, friendly and competent staff, quiet. There were a couple of minor problems in my room (e.g., bathroom sink dripped slowly and continuously) but I didn't want to bother moving or having maintenance come in at bedtime; just asked the staff member to have it taken care of before the next guest checked in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Minnesota
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Have stayed here several times over the years. Clean, professional lobby area and staff, nice rooms with good internet connection. Tasty breakfast and friendly staff. Makes for a good stay on the road. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

rbt9875, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Concord Charlotte, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Sir thank you very much for the kind words!! We look forward to serving you again in the near future!!
Wilmington, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

There are several restaurants close to the hotel and University is 5 minutes away. That's a plus. The traffic on 85 is unpleasant so give yourself some extra time in the morning. Let the front desk staff know if you don't want your floor announced. They love to tell everyone in the lobby what floor you're staying on. Value is good but no one really went out of their way to make my stay any better. I do enjoy the Hampton on Tryon better. They all know me by name and I don't have to get on 85.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

rbt9875, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Concord Charlotte, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your recent stay! I will discuss the issue of our front office agents and with our team and we will make the needed corrections. I think that while they attempted to be helpful that this is not a best practice. Thank you again and I hope we have the chance to serve you again on your next visit to our area!
Marion, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

my account was charged for 3 different amounts, check you bank account before you leave. Also this was a quick get away for our 17th anniversary so we reserved the spa king. The spa tub was dirty and had hair in it. The lobby was hard to get through because there were meetings being conducted. Above all I received no apology or courtesy for their mistake.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Crystal B
rbt9875, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Concord Charlotte, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
I am truly sorry for the billing issue during your recent visit! While you and I spoke and I provided you the details of what our systems showed and it only showed the three authorizations which total the complete amount of the room and tax. Again I apologize and I did try to help resolve this error as quickly as possible. Also I am going to address the issue with the whirlpool with our housekeeping team, we strive to ensure each guest has a great stay! Our guests feedback is the best learning tool we have. Thank you!!
Hyattsville, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The staff at this wonderful hotel were he outstanding. While there on my first night, I became severely ill and not being able to drive. The manager moved my daughters and I into another room that was more accessible the 1st floor and called to check on my status while I was getting better. They called about 4 times a day to check on me and my daughters and assisted me with taking care of them until I felt better. Thank you guys for everything!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Brent T
rbt9875, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Concord Charlotte, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and we are glad to hear thay you made it home! We hope you will visit us on your next visit to or though the Concord area. I will also be sure to share your comments with the team here.
Holly Springs
Reviewed August 6, 2013

As far as Hampton Suites go, this was not the nicest one I have stayed at. It is definitely lower in the ratings than the others we have stayed at! We travel a lot both with and without our children; the common areas of this property were less open and seemed more limited. In our room, our toilet ran all night and kept us awake. By the time we realized it, it was too late to try to have them fix or move us. This was a single night stay where we were attempting a couples getaway...it wasn't so great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple