“Average Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Standard HIE. Room was clean and comfortable. Hotel was well located. Staff pleasant and obliging.

BUT breakfast was poor. No natural yoghourt, cold cuts or salad choices. Poor selection of teas. Plastic cutlery and plates. This was really rather dismal but what I have come to expect in US hotels in this class.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Tomeck,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. It was unfortunate that your breakfast experience did not meet your expectations. We are working hard to ensure that our breakfast service meets our guests expectations and value your feedback.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can better serve you next time.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 7, 2013

As a nurse I am very particular about the cleanliness of my hotel rooms and will sometimes pay more for a clean place to lay my head. This hotel was a great buy. It was inexpensive and it was very clean. We were in town for a John Mayer concert and wanted to stay somewhere affordable and close to the venue, this hotel fit the bill. Room 416 was clean, had a mini-fridge, microwave, and you receive a newspaper every morning at your door. They serve complimentary breakfast and have a managers special most evenings where they serve drinks for free. Free Wi-Fi and very friendly staff. I couldn't have asked for better. Well located, close to many restaurants and shopping also. The hotel also offers great discounts at most of the nearby business.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cnrundle
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Room 412 - This was a GREAT one night stay! We came up to start our Christmas shopping at Concord Mills Outlet Mall; which by the way, is not even 1 mile up the road! Everything about the room was SPOTLESS so kudos to the housekeeping staff. TV and the amount of channels available is also great. Beds were comfortable. Free Hot Breakfast is included in the stay which was nice and tasty. Definitely plan on staying here again for future visits to the area!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We enjoyed our brief stay here. The room was immaculate, loved the little touches, such as coffee and warm cookie in the late evening. Breakfast was amazing--how cool is the pancake-making machine?! The staff was really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cyndicadyd
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel is next to a strip of many other hotels and is in a really good area. 2 minutes away from Concord Mills and right next to a large variety of restaurants. The check in was fairly smooth. I stayed in room 400 which includes a full kitchenette. The room had a strange smell upon entry and crumbs were on the countertops so I requested the room be recleaned.. they did what they could for the smell but it was a strong fishy scent that would hit you everytime you would enter. Overall everything else was nice.. The beds were soft,bathroom was clean. I would recommend the hotel. I had family in 2 rooms on the 3rd floor and there was no complaints about their rooms.. I also had a room on the 2nd floor and the hallway on this floor smelled smokey (even though this is a smoke free hotel). Free Breakfast was so so..bacon or sausage, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, coffee, biscuits and gravy.. nothing to rave about. Pool was small. Overall the stay was good.. if I had to stay there again I wouldn't be disappointed but I would probably dine out for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here on our way to SC and on our way home. Both stays were a great experience. Beautiful hotel; friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable staff. Good breakfasts items in the morning. Also close to so many restaurants and shops. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed one night and was very comfortable. The room was very clean and I was shocked that it even had a wet bar inside the door and a seating area with a couch. But the most important thing was that the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013