“Excellent but dated HIE-Superb staff”

Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed there 2 nights on a business trip. This is an older but well kept property, The staff & management awesome. Helped me find a phone charge for my I-phone (forgot my other charger in another HIE). This manager went out of her way to get me another charger and even called the previous HIE I stayed to speak with that manager so it would be kept for me until the next time I came there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed at this location on 6/20/12 for an event at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. While I wouldn't consider this the nicest HIE at which I've stayed, it certainly offered comfortable, clean accommodations as well as a great location with many restaurants very close by. Staff was pleasant -- something I've noted as a constant with HIE which is very much to their credit. The breakfast area was clean, offered ample space and seating, and was well-stocked with the usual HIE variety.

The only negative I observed was I briefly smelled stale cigarette smoke walking down the hall to my room. Thankfully it wasn't close to my room so overall it was a non-issue for this stay. I can only assume the "Standard" rooms allow smoking and the smell drifted into the hallway. That was a bit outside the norm of what I've come to expect from HIE; I haven't noticed that in other locations at which I've stayed. But again, I never noticed it in my room so it was a very minor annoyance at best.

On a positive note, this was one of the quietest locations I've experienced. Judging from the parking lot, the hotel was relatively full but I never heard any hallway traffic or slamming doors. In fact, the only sounds I heard other than my TV or cooling unit was the occasional jet on descent into Charlotte-Douglass airport and that was rare. No noise from the parking lot, no street noise, nothing.

I would absolutely stay here again in the future. HIE is always my first choice because of their consistent quality and value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This hotel was excellent!! It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. It was VERY close to Charlotte Motor Speedway. This hotel has a great location. It is surrounded by an abundance of restaurants and fast food locations. We could actually walk from the hotel to some of them. Would definitly stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This hotel was part of a package for the NASCAR Coca Cola 600. Rooms were clean and spacious and included breakfasts were above average. The owner Threw a Pre-Race party with good food, sodas and tap beer along with a large number of door prizes. He even had pictures taken of all the attendees which were ready after the race - and Free. All of the staff were personable and knowledgeable

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Recently my husband and I participated in a half marathon at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The hotel was very clean and the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We asked for a late checkout on race day and they were happy to extend our stay for a couple of hours. The hotel also works with local restaurants for discounts. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay and will definitely use this hotel in the future.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The manager at this hotel was super helpful with a reservation cancellation through hotels.com. The reservation indicated that the hotel charged a penalty for cancellation. However, after making contact with the general manager, he was willing to cancel without penalty, and gave me instructions on how to contact hotels.com to get the reservation refunded. Everything went great! I really appreciated the prompt action and advice of the general manager, and his willingness to work with me on the cancellation due to a change in date of a local event. This sort of help just shows excellent customer service, and an appreciation for their customers that you may not often find. Thank you Holiday Inn Express Charlotte-Concord!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed in this hotel while visiting Charlotte Motor Speedway. We found this hotel to be very clean, quiet and comfortable, The staff was very nice and helpful. We would most definitly recommend this place to anyone planning to go to the Speedway. It is about mile and half away and very close to resturants and the Concord Mall,

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple