“Excellent food in downtown Concord”
Review of Gianni's Trattoria

Gianni's Trattoria
Ranked #5 of 305 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentic European Italian Cuisine Come taste the authentic flavors of Italy! Located in Historic Downtown Concord, Gianni's is a showcase for local farmers and the food they raise and grow. The joy of fine, fresh ingredients, accented by our outstanding selection of wines, making dining at Gianni's a memorable experience. Whether you are out with the family, friends or entertaining business clients, our Gianni's "family" will be sure to make your evening relaxing and enjoyable!
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Excellent food in downtown Concord”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Lucky to have such a nice place in Concord. We enjoy meeting friends here for dinner. The food is always solid and their specials are usually the way to go - enjoy!

• Visited February 2014

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Reminds me of home( Brooklyn NY)”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Literally just finished our meal at this warm welcoming restaurant. Pleasing four Brooklynites isn't easy when it comes to Italian food. Gianni's exceeded our expectations. The red sauce, gravy : whatever you call your marinara sauce had just the right amount of sweetness and tartness. It was part of the special, spinach stuffed ravioli, others in my party enjoyed their meals equally: pasta with brocolli rabe and sausage, gnocci with veggies all delish! Pasta fagoli wth parm cheese already on top , was a perfect touch. Red wine to accompany our meal was also a perfect pairing. Our water ( valentino) was friendly and attentive. When back in these parts live in
Raleigh now(came to Concord for the mall) we will be sure to come back to Gianni's for dinner !

2 Thank Sbouch
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Great italian cuisine in downtown Concord”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Was out looking for a nice meal with friends; did a search on Trip Advisor and Gianni's came up at #4 of 230 in Concord...and rightly so - we were very pleased with our decision. Our order for cocktails was taken quickly and the waiter was very attentive to our needs throughout the meal. The main courses were pasta (this was a Sunday - so we might have had an abbreviated menu); but they were all cooked with care and had great texture & taste. During the meal we shared a bottle of red wine; everything was served nicely. We added dessert as well - I had the limoncello cake and our friends ordered the triple chocolate cake accompanied with espresso and cappuccino. If you are looking for good italian cuisine, this is a great pick in downtown Concord!

• Visited January 2014
Columbia, South Carolina
“Some high spots but some misses as well”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was expecting a very special meal after reading the reviews. I think the menu is too large for a restaurant this size. The oyster appetizer was nothing special. We did like the mushroom bruchetta that was tasty and well prepared. The eggplant parmesan and lasagna were good and what you would expect from a NY Italian restaurant. The butternut squash stuffed pasta with a sage butter sauce was superb. The seafood and gorgonzola tageletelli was inferior. A large veal chop was well prepared but should be for two not one if a first course was ordered, The wine list did not reflect the vintages that were offered. I think that a shorter menu with concentration on the basic NY Italian menu with daily specials would take this restaurant to asignificantly higher level. Still worth going in an area where chain mediocrity prevails.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Carl J
Concord, North Carolina
“We ate until we were stuffed!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This place was excellent! My husband and I went here on a date night.
From start to finish the food was out of this world! The waiter was very nice and knowledgeable of the menu and wine list. I ordered a bottle of wine and the waiter told me if I did not like his recommendation that I did not have to buy it they would just use it for people who order a glass of wine. I thought this was a great concept since a bottle of wine cost allot I did not have to worry about not liking it.
We ordered the fried oyster appetizer it was very unique looking and tasted great!
I had the lasagna which was very tasty. The sauce was sweet and it had just the right amount of cheese. I added a salad which was one of their specials it was the best salad I ever had.
The finale was the dessert which was a pumpkin spice cake.
It was the perfect ending to a great meal. We will defiantly be back!

Visited November 2013