“A GREAT place to stay!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Concord (Kannapolis)
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel several times while visiting the area for softball tournaments. It is a great hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. On our previous stay we encountered some issues and I must say they went over and beyond to fix the problems and make sure we were happy and would come back. Its old fashion customer service that is hard to find today.
The hotel is centrally located to food, gas, entertainment, and several softball complexes making it very convenient.
We will continue to stay at this hotel several times a year and look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had construction employees that stayed at this hotel and their rooms were billed incorrectly to the contractor instead of our company. Once this was identified by the contractor, WE called the hotel directly to resolve and authorized credit card transactions for several stays. Upon owner review of stay history, it was identified that there were more stays that needed to be billed to us. Instead of calling or emailing us back to explain, she arbitrarily hit our credit card for more charges that were NOT authorized. While correct, any method of communication back to us to discuss and review their findings PRIOR to hitting our credit card would have been the appropriate thing to do. Definitely NOT the way to handle a mistake originally caused by your own staff.

Room Tip: No complaints from employees about rooms or stay. This was only a billing issue.
Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Paul N
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The service and food was great but we had issues after leaving the hotel. My other half left her robe. After telling us they would send it to us using the card we used for the room they dropped the ball. 4 days after the initial phone call, no robe so I called back and was told the robe was in lost and found because they only had the last 4 of the card number. It would have been nice to know that a little sooner than that don't you think?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keith C
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed here after a concert. It is on the way home and less expensive then the hotels near the amphitheater. Front lobby is clean, coffee and cookies available. Staff was nice and room was clean. We didn't use the indoor pool but it looked clean from the window. We slept in so didn't have their breakfast. Room was clean and comfortable. Hair dryer, pantene shampoo and conditioner provided. Our only complaint was the smell of the hallway on the 3rd floor, not pleasant at all. They need to wash the rugs on that floor. Love that check out time is 12 noon. Was great after being up late the night before.

Great variety of places to eat in the area, something to suit everyone.

Great value for the price. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nygrl4evr
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed here for a week while visiting family. It had a good "home" feeling to it. The housekeeping kept to a strict schedule and our room was always clean and stocked with towels. The front desk staff were more friendly than I expected. They even put cookies out at night! The free breakfast was typical and I have no complaints. The suite we got was perfect and large enough for all of us. The hotel is in a good safe area (no lingering weirdos etc.) A 2 minute ride has you near many restaurants and a shopping center. It's a quick drive to Concord Mills Mall and just off the interstate. I was very happy with this stay and with this brand of hotel. The only "con" was the pool was cloudy which I complained/inquired about and was told they were working on it. The next day it was cleared up. Also, the pool is indoors so it does get humid in there but you can swin even in bad weather. Plently of free self parking.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor. The pool is indoors and you can hear the kids screaming.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have stayed a lot of places because I use to travel. Usually I stay at the Holiday Inn. It's just what I am use to and what I know. To save money I decided to try out Country Inn. It was $60 cheaper. I called and asked could we get the room at 2 instead of 3 about two days ahead of time and the lady said it should be okay. It was really easy to find...right off of the interstate. We arrived at about 2:15 and the lady said because our room wasn't ready they would give us a free upgrade to a suite. Their were free cookies and candy also. I need to add that I was looking for something to be wrong with this place because I am a creature of habit. lol We got in the elevator to go up to the 4th floor and a lady from housekeeping got in as well. She was VERY polite and treated us very well. We went to our room and it was a great temperature and very clean. The bed was soft and amazing....I think the pillows were memory foam. The pool and hot tub were also clean and we were the only ones in it. I will never stay anywhere else as long as there is a Country Inn and the service stays like it was. The only complaint I can even think of is the eggs were horrible. lol The rest of the breakfast was actually decent for a continental. None of them are ever great but it wasn't bad at all. Thank you guys for such an amazing stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I only stayed here one night. The bed was comfy although the sheets were quite worn in places, there was a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker and hair dryer in the room. The room looked to be clean. The desk employees were very nice. The breakfast was quite adequate with the "round rubbery eggs" but they were ok especially after adding some salsa and grated cheese. There was oatmeal, "make your own waffles", toast, sausage links, little muffins, among a few other things. The worst thing I have to say about this motel, for me, was the car wash right outside my window......loud! Started at 6:30 in the morning and every few minutes wooooosh, which was the water spraying. It could have been that bad in my room because one of the windows wouldn't shut all the way and lock so that's probably the reason it was louder in my room. If you want to sleep late or later than 6:30am try to get as far away from the car wash as possible. My room was 201, my Mom's room was 205 and she said it didn't bother her.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Hampton Inn Concord/Kannapolis
#12 of 26 in Concord
Comfort Inn & Suites Kannapolis - Concord
Wingate by Wyndham Concord/Charlotte Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Concord Charlotte

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Concord (Kannapolis)? Share your experiences!