“Great Experience for the whole family”

Richard Petty Driving Experience
Ranked #7 of 46 things to do in Concord
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Get behind the wheel in one of our 8 – 80 lap driving programs or Ride-Along shotgun for 3 high-speed laps at over 20 tracks nationwide – including Charlotte Motor Speedway!
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I purchased the 8 lap experience for my husband. When we got there they also offered discount ride alongs which my husband and oldest daughter decided to do. My two younger children were able to do the ride along junior program and had a blast! This program recently started and for $59 they get to ride 3 laps around the track. I liked the safety aspect of this program too. They had to wear a fire retardant suits and helmets which were provided by the program. Everyone was very helpful and addressed any questions we had. The only drawback is that it can get pricey very quickly. I do think it's work the money to try at least one time....even if you aren't a NASCAR fan.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a surprise party for my husbands 40th birthday & my sons 21st . They loved the experience & have asked when can they do it again? While there , we had several of our friends purchase ride alongs & they loved it too!

1  Thank Kristine20
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The ride along was amazing! Take 3 laps and tell me that these drivers are not athletes. That first turn had me holding on hoping the tires would hold up.

2  Thank DaddioDon
Reviewed March 12, 2013

If you have ever wondered what it feels like to be in a NASCAR race car going at least 120 mph around a major speedway this is the one for you. Very affordable and lots of fun and very safe.

1  Thank FrequentDinerSC
Reviewed January 14, 2013

A group of my family went there and all of them but me drove the car. I have it on video and we treasure it.