“Excellent Staycation”

Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte/Concord
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I decided to take my children on a staycation during their spring break. We were greeted with a friendly smile and after checking in, we were handing 2 bottles of water which was a very gracious touch. I was throughly impressed with the furnishings and decoration of both the lobby and the room. I even mentioned to my children that the color scheme went great with our house. The room was extremely clean, the beds very comfortable, and the bathroom spotless. The main reason we chose this hotel was for the indoor pool. The only downfall of the stay was the pool had way too much chlorine in it. We were only able to stay at the pool for a short time due to the irration of our eyes. We ended our evening with dessert in the restaurant. Our waiter was fantastic. Excellent with the kids. My son's brownie came out slightly burnt and without hesitation, he replaced it with an extra scoop of ice cream. Definitely a plus in my eyes! The next morning, we decided to do fast food for breakfast - the price of the breakfast on sight is a little steep. We sat at one of the tables in the lobby. There was a older female front desk hotel employee that was a little rude to the chidren. She kept lurking by our table as if she was "watching us." She kept shushing them and telling them to be quiet. It was a bit frusturating and aggrevating but I was able to let that slide since the rest of the staff was delighted to see children enjoying the hotel. I will definitely be telling my friends and family not only about this location but about all Hilton Garden properties. I really hope all are as great as this one.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Kara M

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Spacious clean rooms, easy access from interstate, chefs from local culinary school...but what really sets this location apart is their exemplary customer service. The front desk team of Matt and others, along with restaurant staff, are always eager to make your experience here a pleasant one.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rick B
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This hotel knows what customer service is all about. The staff is friendly and eager to make guests feel welcome. I was very impressed with the little touches both the kitchen staff and desk staff went to the trouble of providing. You will be pleased with this hotel.

Room Tip: They will treat you right.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have stayed at this location several times and it is always a pleasure. Beautiful and modern rooms. Very Clean. Beautiful lobby with a seating area and a fireplace. Convenient to plenty of resturants. Only a short drive to Concord Mills Mall.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa B
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The staff is always friendly, the rooms clean and the food is excellent. The AM Hilton Honors breakfast is always a big highlight of the visit. The facility is located near many area attractions and restaurants and very close to Charlotte's downtown area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jim W
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have stayed here a few times before and will continue staying at this hotel in the future. The stay makes you feel like a special customer everytime. We always eat breakfast in the morning. They have a great selection and they make great omelets. Also kids eat free.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My family recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte/Concord. The staff there could not have been more accommodating. The rooms were clean, the front desk extremely helpful, and the restaurant staff wonderful. The waitress, Ashley, who served us breakfast all three mornings, was delightful. She remembered our names, as well as our likes and dislikes. My only negative comment is that the bar closed at 10:00 p.m., however, I totally understand why. There was not enough bar business to warrant paying a bar tender to stay later than that. It was a plus, though, being able to return to the hotel after a long day, and have a cocktail without "going" somewhere for it. I highly recommend this hotel for travelers coming to the Concord area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family