“Concert at Verizon Center..Great location...great value”

Residence Inn Charlotte Concord
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel to attend a concert. The check in was quick, the room was spotless and roomy and was a terrific value for the price we paid ( around $70) . The breakfast in the morning was great with plenty of options and "the best eggs" my husband has ever had.

The staff was friendly and the hotel was very clean. The one draw back was the trash cans at the buffet breakfast. There were two barrels that were overflowing on to the floor and no one cleaned them up in the 30 minutes we had breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Yashica S, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Concord, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott for your recent visit to the Concord area! We really appreciate your business and your willingness to write about your experience at our hotel!... We are certainly glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you and your family again very soon!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The interior of the hotel was nicely updated, new, and fresh. However the outdoor space is insufficient and the room was a bit quirky-

Quirky room:
Very strange light switch configurations. The wall switch in my room turned on the kitchen light. And the light by the bedroom door controlled the bathroom light. Strange. Also, the door to the bathroom hits the toilet when trying to open and close the door. Poor space planning.

Outdoor space:
If outdoor space is important to you, this is not the property for you. I was very disappointed. No outdoor pool area, only indoor. The outdoor picnic tables are out in an barren open space with no shade or trees in front of the parking lot. The small outdoor seating area is also exposed to the parking lot with no buffer. No trees around.

View is very industrial:
View from room was all industrial. The room overlooked a sea of automobiles of the next door car plant or dealership.

Inconvenient for handicap accessible needs:
The hotel is set up with long hallways which gives the hotel a less than cozy feel and the lobby is all the way on one end with the accessible room on the opposite end. Very long walk. Also, the entrance into the building is a long walk from the parking lot because the tennis courts are between the parking lot and the doors leading into the building.

Social hour:
Was nice. Complimentary food, wine and cookies. (I really liked the cookies).

Staff:
Was very accommodating, nice, and ready to help.

Very minor improvements suggested:
- Only plastic ware at breakfast. Silverware would be nice.
- Luggage carts are the cheaper, smaller kind compared to the other Residence Inn properties I visited on my trip.
- Hanging "Do Not Disturb" sign is the flimsy paper kind that won't stop falling off. Other properties use the kind that actually slide into the key slot like a room key card or magnets now.
These are not a huge deal but something I noticed.

If outdoor space is not a big deal to you and you do not have handicap accessible needs, I would recommend this property. Also, if you are here just for business, I don't think these things would matter much and it would be a good place to stay.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have a low hum from the air conditioning unit outside the building. It isn't...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Yashica S, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Concord, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your findings during your recent visit at our hotel. We appreciate your business and will certainly take your feed back and suggestions into consideration. We certainly hope to see you again in the near future!

Regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is our second time around with this particular hotel and my family and I were pleased. The price was fair, atmosphere very welcoming. The front desk clerks were always friendly and very helpful, as well as the servers in the dining area. We absolutely loved the dinner offered Tuesday and Wednesday night during our stay, only wished it was offered through Friday. This particular part of the stay was an added incentive. We love the location, plenty of nearby restaurants and a nice mall for all our shopping needs with added entertainment. Which the Concord mills mall was originally our sole purpose for choosing this area. But now the Residence Inn has giving us another reason to return. The only downside I would have for this hotel would be, those guest who travel with their canine campanions to remain in one central location on a particular floor. I like animals too as I have my own dog, but would love to know that I don't have to tolerate unwanted and unwelcome noise and not sleep wondering if a dog was once here where I lay or sit. To each its own, but as for me I prefer getting a dog sitter/ boarding for my pet. I did speak with the desk clerk and she advised me that they normally contained guests with dogs to the 1st and 2nd floors, but I found that not to be true because we were on the 5th floor and had one next door. One last thing, the maid service need to improve on their skills in the laboratory where it is needed more, especially with mopping the floor and even consider changing the shower curtains after each guest. I had to request a clean one, because upon our arrival in one of the bedrooms, it was hideous. Inspite of a few concerns, overall the stay was great and my family and I will return. Looking forward to the dining room crew, two of the nicest ladies you will ever meet.

• Stayed: July 2013
Yashica S, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Concord, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel!... We appreciate your feedback and we certainly hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here! The 1 bedroom suite was wonderful. There was plenty of room for us - a nice kitchen area with full-size refrigerator :) , a living area with TV, recliner & a sofa sleeper, 2 beds & a TV in the bedroom, a desk for laptop and/or business work area. The breakfast each morning was great. Staff was extremely courteous & helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindy T
Yashica S, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Concord, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to the Charlotte/Concord area!...We appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review about your experience and we hope to see you again in the very near future!

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at this property on a drive from Washington D.C. to Atlanta. We had a first floor one bedroom king suite. The decor is modern and trendy. The floor plan was great. We had plenty of rooms for the two of us and our two dogs. The free breakfast had plenty of options. The property is close to several restaurants and shopping. It boasts a pool, putting green, basketball court, fitness room, fire pit, and BBQ area. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Ces92
Yashica S, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Concord, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott in Concord and for taking the time to share your experience! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Just like a home away from home. Rooms were very clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Located close to shopping areas and decent restaurants. Beds were ok but not 'great'. Would've given them 5 stars if it weren't for the kids running and making noise in the hallways during late hours. Apparently there was a kids basketball camp/tournament going on. Had to call front desk and complain- didn't seem to be effective though. Can't really blame hotel for unruly kids but they could've handled it better. Just make sure when you book there are no kids sporting events taking place during your stay! ;)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sal B
Yashica S, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Concord, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott for your recent visit to our area and for taking the time to share your experience. I understand there was an issue with sports teams during the dates of your stay but we are glad this didn't color your entire experience.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Long time Marriott stayed and fan here, but have recently become unhappy with the Courtyard by Marriott brand. Switched to try this Residence Inn and I can't say how great it was. From the ease of check in to how clean my room was... it was great.

The beds were not that comfortable, but everything else was just wonderful.

Stay here and avoid the Courtyards by Marriotts in Charlotte.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Susan C
Yashica S, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Concord, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott for your recent stay in Concord! We really appreciate your business and your kind review of your experience with us! We hope to see you again on your next visit to our area!

Sincere Regards,