4,353 results
All reviewswater parkall ageswave poolmagic questbunk bedsdunkin donutslife guardsropes coursepizzagreat family funfamily suitelots of funolder kidsmagiquest gamelazy riverindoor waterparkkids love
Reviewed June 14, 2010

We just got back from a day and a half at the GWL in Concord. My children are 7, 5 and 2 and they loved it. We got the Wolf Den which was very comfortable, but pricey - $289 + taxes a night. We arrived at 1pm Sunday ready to swim, took a break for the buffet dinner ($65), arcade ($20) and ice cream ($8). We listened to the nightly bedtime story, played some games and hit the sack. We got an early start swimming and then had a late buffet breakfast ($45), swam, ordered pizzas ($25) and hit the souvenir shop ($75). We left at 6pm Monday and dropped $575 dollars in 29 hours! I have spent less at Disney!

My two older kids were begging for the MagicQuest games ($25 each) and to get a manicure ($49 each) and to do the trampoline bounce ($25 each), but I said no.

Of course, we had a ball and understand that good things cost money, but the extras were steep. My advice to families is to go ahead and get the "Paw Pass" ($60 per kid) which includes some extras if you plan to stay more than 2 nights or just have a hard time saying no to your kids.

1  Thank efie30
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Our family visited the resort in June for two nights/three days of waterpark fun. We live in the same town but wanted to get the whole vacation stay experience so we stayed two nights. We booked a Wolf Den room which consists of a queen bed and a cave den with bunk beds and a flat panel tv for the kids. The adult side of the room has a small table/Chairs along with dresser, flat panel tv, pull out sleeper sofa, coffee table and outside door to patio or balcony. There is a nice long counter for the coffe pot, microwave, ice bucket and room for your stuff if you bring in some snack foods, misc. drinks. There is a large fridge(no freezer) for you to store food/drinks. The bathroom is a shower tub combo and toilet and the vanity/sink is in the room. There is a place to store luggage/ hang up clothes. Also included is the room safe. The check in was easy however if I had arrived after 4 pm then the lines were much longer. The whole resort has the lodge decor including the rooms. The hotel has basically everything you need and you don't have to leave but to save money I suggest you bring breakfast foods/snacks/drinks and have maybe lunch at the hotel snack bar in the waterpark or you can grab some mini pizzas at the pizza hut express. I felt the dinner food was okay for one meal but suggest eating out at the many restaurants right outside the resort for other meals. The hotel has gift shops, swim wear shop, spa for kids and spa for adults, full service bar, restaurant, quick serve food(pizza hut express, dunkin doughnuts, ice cream/sweets shop, full arcade room, kids club/craft room, teen gaming room, fitness room, and animal land(stuffing station and build your own crocs), and magi quest wizard type shop.
The waterpark has something for everyone: small toddler play area, kids climbing, water park area with slides and fun water stations, wave pool, sports type pool with water basketball/rope/lily pad climbing over the pool area. The main waterslides are the racing tubes, twin towers that you do single or tandem on clear round rafts. The big slides are the Howlin Tornado and the river rapids that seat up to four people on one raft. The tornado is the "thrill" slide. It has a drop down into a funnel and then a rushing slide into the bottom. All very fun slides but you do get tired of climbing the stairs to the top to slide again. The lines get long in the middle of the day. If you go in the summer then you can enjoy the outside pool of course as well. It is a zero entry pool that goes up to 4 ft depth with a center that spews water so often and a water mushroom. There is also outdoor mini golf and a trampoline type ride all for a fee of course. The waterpark has bathrooms, locker rooms, and snack bar, misc. ice cream, drink station. They also serve beer and frozen alcohol drinks. Get there early in the morning to find a table/chairs as they go fast! We had no issues with leaving our stuff on the tables, no one took anything. The hotel also gives out wristbands for charging priviledges if you leave a card open for that, so no need to carry cash around. The wristband also gives you entry to your room so no card key to keep up with. Lifeguards are abundant and call out anyone not following safety rules.
There are lots of activities for the kids throughout the hotel. They have morning and evening storytime with animatronics. They have a a game called magiquest and the kids buy a wand and a game and play through the hotel on a quest pointing the wand at all kinds of boxes, crystals, pictures and video screens throughout the whole hotel. You may find this enjoyable or annoying depending on if you are playing the game or not. Our oldest got bored fast but the 8 yr old loved it and wanted to finish the game but we just ran out of time since we spent most of our time in the waterpark. Fun was had by all but the adults were pretty much worn out by the second day in the waterpark.
The hotel staff were wonderful and the experience was great! I wish I had some more free time to get more details to share as far as cost for extras and how the magiquest game ends, food costs and menus to share to help you plan your trip. I did bring breakfst food with us and some snacks but we spent around $200 in extras for food, snacks, drinks, misc. game play etc. We did purchase one paw pass for around $63 on top of the $200 that included one wand/game for magiquest, and stuffed animal, decorate a shirt, tokens for arcade, one round of mini golf, and entrance to teen game room. We ate outside the resort for one dinner meal and so I feel that a family of four could easily spend an additional $100-$150 per day for food/snacks/misc. entertainment costs. Log onto their website and sign up for emails to get alerts for discounts. It is usually a little cheaper to stay on a week night and a little less crowded from our experience. This a great destination for a family fun getaway. The resort is located in Concord, NC between the Charlotte Motor Speedway and the Concord MIlls outlet along with lots of dining and outside shopping and entertainment so you won't be bored! GO HAVE A SPLASHING GOOD TIME.........

2  Thank shellgirl
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Awesome waterpark. We have Disney waterpark passes and I must say the slides at the hotel are fast and fun! We have an 9 and 10 yr old and they loved the waterpark and so did mom and day..The Tornado is the best. 2 to 4 people go on a raft and it's fun and fast! Only complaint there is they need more rafts coming up. The light would be green and people had to wait for another raft. Other than that, it was great. Slides were awesome. Lots of things to do in the waterpark. I previously read reviews on the hotel and was pleased that we picked staying here. However, I had read some food reviews and wish I listened. We ate at the buffett and each time we would go up again, our old plates were left. The table behind us was dirty when we came in, so we would have to put our plates there. The waitress saw me from afar do it, she still never picked up the plates. We are coming back on our return trip in 3 days and will stay here again. We wanted to try the bar and grille, but we asked another couple and they didn't have good service either. So there are tons of places to eat by the hotel, so plan on eating out.
All and all, the rooms and waterpark were great. A nice arcade and lots of stuff for the kids to do.

1  Thank jmh2fan
Reviewed June 4, 2010

My family of four, mom, dad, 13 year old and 9 year old spent one night here over Memorial Day Weekend. It was the perfect time to visit this hotel; Nascar was in town and the hotel was relatively empty during the day, as most of the hotel guests were at the race. We stayed in a KidCabin Suite for one night. You only need to stay one night to take advantage of all of the resort amenities; a weekend would be ok, but not neccesary.

We visited the Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, VA two years ago and enjoyed ourselves, but felt no need to repeat the experience. We were wrong. In the two years since our last visit, Great Wolf has added waterpark attractions, a very cool interactive video game called Magiquest which my kids liked even more than the Waterpark, and a neat teen center called gr8_space Tech Center.

Magiquest is a Harry Potter like video game that is also a hotel wide scavenger hunt. It kept my kids occupied for hours. If you can pull them away from Magiquest, teens will enjoy the gr8_space Tech Center. My 13 year old spent several hours there and enjoyed himself.

As before, we found the staff at this Great Wolf Lodge to be outstanding, they went way above and beyond the call of duty, especially the front desk and the restaurant personel.

If you are within driving distance of a Great Wolf, it's a nice place to take the kids for an overnight or weekend stay. The hotel has put together a very nice family experience.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We stayed at TGWL for only one night May 28th, we arrived at 3 pm and our room was ready so we were able to go straight to our rooms to change and go enjoy the park. the staff was very nice upon arrival and the bell boy helped us get our thing to the room.

The room was nice. The kids enjoyed the wolf den room. And thought it was awesome that it had bunk beds. both wanted to fight for the right to have the top. My 7 year old got the top and my daughter # got the bottom bunk. They also have a TV with cable in there side of the room that was nice. As far as the parent's space it was just ok. The bed was a queen but way super tiny. I saw that because I have a queen at my house and this bed was smaller and more uncomfortable to sleep in. The pillows were ok. There is a little couch and coffee table in the room as well as a refrigerator, microwave and small table with 2 chairs to eat upon. Both nice touches. The bathroom was clean and in working order and that is all I need. The sink is on the outside of the bathroom.

Now the fun part the water park. I can say we had a blast there. The water temp was a little bit cold not warm but manageable after you get used to it. But the temp in the room is really warm and humid. If you don't make sure to drink water you can easily get dehydrated in there. I like the fact that there was a kiddie side for babies and toddlers, a wave pool and a big water house for bigger kids to play on and get wet. There are also a few water slides that are so much fun. me and my 7 year old got on all of them and had a blast. By far it is worth the money to stay here just to go to the water park.

As far as the food I agree with all the others. it is very expensive. We had food from the restaurant while the kiddos ate the buffet. their price was 5.99. I am very sad to say that I ordered a steak and asked for it medium well and it came charr burned. Seriously gross it was more than well done. When we told the waitress she say "Well i told them medium well, it's not my fault" How about asking me if I want another one or giving me a free meal instead? Needles to say that rubbed me raw and we decided not to eat there again. I paid 17.99 for my steak and my husband did as well and his steak was also over cooked but his was edible. So I ended up eating part of his. The next day we did Dunkin Donut for breakfast and 6 donuts, 2 coffees and 2 chocolate milks cost 20 bucks. They also have a pizza hut on hand as well as a few other snack houses for you to eat at.

My 7 year old had a blast doing the Magiquest. I only wish that he was able to finish the quest but there were so many kids around, we didn't know but it was race weekend, that he couldn't do it bc of how many people were trying to do it at the same time and them not waiting for there turn. This isn't the fault of the hotel,but at still it sucked for my son. We did this thing called the Paw Pass and it was great for the money. We split the activities between the 2 kids and ended up saving some money.

All in all I would recommend this hotel to families with kids especially with them being younger than 14. We would love to go back but next time I need to play it to an off season time so we can enjoy the lodge without so many guests.

On another note they tell you this on their website check in time is 4 pm but you can get there at 1pm and enjoy the park before your room is ready. And as well when you check out at 11, you can stay all day and play at the water park until it closes at 9pm.

Hope this review helps, if you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family