“KIDS LOVED IT!”

Great Wolf Lodge Concord
Dallas, North Carolina
“KIDS LOVED IT!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

First time at greatwolf lodge. Stayed 3/9 to 3/11. Took two 11 year old girls and they loved it. Magic quest was a must have but they got very tired of running up and down an back and forth so after the sixth quest they were done. BEWARE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PATIENCE OR CAN NOT TOLERATE CHILDREN DO NOT GO. not every parent watches there child. This is not the lodges fault. I thought theroom would have been slightly bigger for the amount we paid. We had the kids kamp room. We only ate the pizza there which was average, not to expense. Everything is separate, things are expensive gift shop, stuffed animals, games etc. You will spend a good chunk of change if you do not have the ability to tell your child no. We did play the arcade which was reasonable, $20 was a good amount per kid, we also done the bowling which was fun. I do think one night is enough two nights for the adults was to much. Lol. the staff was good. The life guards are ALWAYS watching! The water could stand to be a tad warmer. Once out of the pools or slides it was a bit chilly. Everything was very clean. Just be prepared to spend money and have kids running everywhere. Overall we had a good time and the kids had a great one.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Clover111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Callahan, Florida
Reviewed March 8, 2014

It was fun and exciting. Stairs that led to fun slides, mats, tubes, and more. There are yellow,green,orange,and blue slides. It is a HUGE place and BIG fun. You get a cool room too. There are pools and logs too. So go, it is so much FUN.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank EMKH1996
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have stayed at this property twice. Once in March of 2013 and once March of 2014, both times for my daughter's bday. Both times we booked the kid cabin suite. Pros: The waterpark area of the hotel is really fantastic. I hate indoor pools and was really worried about the chlorine smell and stifling humidity but they have done a great job avoiding this. Neither are overwhelming. Weekends are the most crowded and if you want to get a chair or table, you need to be there right when it opens. They always have enough towels and you can get snacks/drinks/lunch right there without leaving the waterpark. Typical sodas, chicken fingers, hot dogs, hamburgers cuisine. A little pricey but typical amusement park prices. Make sure you wear a swimsuit or shorts/t-shirts because it is mid 80's temp in the waterpark and you will be walking on wet surfaces and possibly getting wet. I will never understand the people I saw in pants & long sleeved shirts, dresses & heels, etc, in there. There are a lot of other things to do in the hotel like the arcade (which was packed in the evenings after the waterpark closed), magiquest (which we didn't get a chance to do) and the magic show in the lobby. My kids were all about the waterpark so we never took the time to do the other activities although it is nice they are offered. There is a tiny kid salon and bakery also. Cons: Skip the "creation station" in the gift shop (build a bear wannabe). It was very disappointing. Also, don't make the mistake we did by eating in the restaurant for dinner. I should have wondered why it was so empty. There are a TON of restaurants within a mile of the hotel. We were in a hurry though and thought we would give the buffet a try. After paying $100 for the five of us ($20/person) for so-so food and horrible service, we won't make the mistake again. There were empty tables all around us but we never got our drinks refilled and had to walk around until we could find someone to ask for our check. Worst meal ever and for that price we could have had steak & lobster down the street!!! In contrast, there is a dunkin donuts in the lobby that didn't seem to be too over-priced and the coffee and donuts were up to par so I would recommend that for breakfast! On to the rooms....Pros: The rooms themselves are spacious and the kid cabin idea is cute. Nice for them to have their own space & tv. Bathroom was adequate. Nice to have a little mini-fridge in the room and area to put snacks/microwave available also. The queen size bed we had this year was very comfortable but the one the prior year was horrible. I talked to another lady who stayed where we did last year and her's was horrible this year too so that appears to be room-specific or hit-and-miss. Cons: The kid's beds are not very comfy and the pull out couch last year was horrendous. We didn't use it this year, brought our air mattress for my 13 year old. My biggest gripe though is the bedding. Each bed had only one thin blanket wrapped in a sheet. There was one extra blanket in the room and that was it! We had to jack the heat up to 75 to get the room warm enough for the kids because of the lack of bedding. My husband was having a heat stroke but the kids were freezing. They really need to invest in some thick blankets/comforters for all the beds. I would advise bringing your own or arranging a head of time for extras. The hotel is expensive. We paid over $500/night since it was a weekend. Oh, and the wifi in our rooms (near waterpark) was good. Last year our room was farther from waterpark and wifi was terrible so if that is important, ask for room near center of hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms on bottom floor near waterpark seem to have nicer mattresses and better wifi :)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank ncbeachmomof2
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Concord, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for your continued loyalty to Great Wolf Lodge – Concord and for choosing us to celebrate your daughter’s birthday! I am glad you enjoyed so much of your stay.

We value your feedback on your dining experience and are working to improve that in 2014. To help our guests save money while dining on-site, we now offer two dining packages that can be added to your reservation! Our Family Dining and Kid’s Dining packages are very popular and are a great value.

When on your next trip, if you find you need additional items in the room please reach out to Guest Services. We will be happy to assist you and provide whatever you might need to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

We look forward to seeing your family again soon!

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a two night stay with our kids. Let me start by saying this was the biggest waste of $700 we ever spent!!! I would consider it cruel and unusual punishment if they made prison inmates sleep on the mattresses that we had to sleep on. I now see why the spa was booked solid for massages and we couldn't get an appointment. I will be seeing my chiropractor first thing this week.
The trip started off walking into the water park which we were told was 84 degrees ......and we see a bunch of little kids with blue lips running around shivering. The lifeguards seem like robots with zero personality. My husband tried to ask a pool question and was snapped at rudely by him. I was shocked and disappointed at their level of customer service. They act as though you are getting on their last nerve. After about an hour we called it quits for fear of hypothermia setting in as we were all shaking with our blue lips too!
We ended up cutting our trip short and not even staying the second night. This place is way overpriced and we could have taken a lot nicer trip for what we spent for two nights there.

Stayed March 2014
8 Thank Carolinagirl516
Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge – Concord! I am sorry you were unable to enjoy your stay with us. Your feedback on the sleeping accommodations is greatly appreciated, along with your comments on your waterpark experience.

We constantly monitor and regulate the temperature of the waterpark and can make adjustments in real-time if necessary. This could be an area of opportunity for us, so I will pass this on to our Aquatics team for them to look into further.

Our lifeguards take their role very seriously and they vigilantly watch their water at all times to ensure all guests are safe while they play. I apologize if you feel you were treated rudely, but please understand it is necessary for them to keep their eyes focused on their water.

Thank you for choosing Great Wolf.

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations
Liberty, South Carolina
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We went last weekend for one night stay. Although I read reviews beforehand I was suprised Magic Quest was not included in resort price..YOU PAY FOR IT. They charge $12/kid PLUS the purchase of a wand (around $20-40) just to play the game! I felt nickel-and-dimed as everything was overpriced. The waterpark was really crowded, but let up some on sunday. February is peak season though, so I don't think I would go on a busy weekend again. Also next time I would invest in the Paw Pass to save more money! Also, there are plenty of restaurants (Cracker Barrell, Wendy's, Olive Garden, etc) within 3-4 minutes of the resort, so we ate off site a lot.

Room Tip: We had a kidscabin and the normal room would've probably been just fine.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Amy S
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Our family (kids ages 9 and 11) stayed at Great Wolf this past weekend and had such a wonderful trip. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They truly go above and beyond their jobs to ensure guests have a terrific stay. Rooms are extremely clean and roomy. We stayed in a Wolf Den Suite and our kids felt like they had their own room. Magiquest is a definite must and the hallways are bustling with kids after the waterpark closes at 9pm. The staff at Magiquest were equally as helpful, offering tips and advice if our kids were stuck on a particular challenge. The waterpark is the cleanest waterpark I've ever visited. The lifeguards are amazingly aware of each person in the pool and should be commended on their attentiveness and commitment to their job. We did not eat at the restaurant located in the hotel but did enjoy the Dunkin Donuts located in the lobby. Great for morning coffee and a quick bite for the kids before heading to the waterpark. Our room had a microwave and refrigerator which came in handy and are always appreciated when traveling with children. This was our 2nd trip to Great Wolf Lodge in Concord, the first being 2 years ago. Will definitely return. Thank you to the staff who truly makes this hotel so special!

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Lisa M
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed February 18, 2014

After going on a cruise and our 3 year old loving the water park we figured we would buy him one night at GWL for his birthday, and being that it is in the winter it was a special treat. We arrived at about 3PM and check-in was very busy and took longer than expected, but they did seem to move people through pretty decently. We made our way to our room and quickly changed and found our way to the pool area. We were able to find a couple of chairs, but the pool area was pretty crowded. We spent some time walking around and playing in the various areas. We all had a good time and I can't complain too much. We made our way to the buffet area for dinner and quickly decided to make our way outside of the resort, which isn't too hard as there is a very good variety in the immediate area.

As for the accommodations they were acceptable, the bed was comfortable, but the pull out sofa was HORRIBLE. The rooms smelled a bit musty but that comes with the environment of being at a water park I guess. Having the clothes line in the bathtub was a nice feature. We awoke the next morning and ate breakfast in the buffet which was good and not too bad price wise. We did appreciate the omelet cook bringing our omelets and pancakes to us at the table.

We went back to the water park and enjoyed all of the attractions, until I made my way to the watersides. As I said we were there with a 3 year old, who couldn't ride the water slides, and apparently there are some slides that require at least 2 people. But you don't find this out until you have waited in the line and made it to the top. Pretty poor signage. Luckily a family of 3 was behind me and let me ride with them.

Overall we were impressed with GWL for what it is. I am sure we will be back. I was disappointed to see that we couldn't bring food/snacks and beverages with us into the pool area, forcing you to pay the overpriced snack bar prices. Having a room on the 3rd floor was nice as the ceiling was vaulted, but make sure to get a room far from the lobby as it gets loud with the kids running around doing the magic wand adventure.

Room Tip: Farther away from the lobby is quieter, and there are elevators at the ends that typically have no w...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family