“Even in the summer, an indoor park is a great get away.”

Great Wolf Lodge Concord
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We traded our timeshare time this year to try out the Lodge. The only available openings were off season(which happen to be summer). All the slides were available with little wait. the pools were a little crowded on the weekend so we worked around that. One tip that you can try is to take your main lunch,dinner around 2:pm . then go back and enjoy the pool around 5:00pm . Sodas and food are a little pricy so i recommend not putting your credit card l on the wrist bands. It can add up real quick with a family.
The only mishap we had was an inexperienced lifeguard pushed me down the slide standiing up before i was ready to go down(twisted my ankle). The management was there in an instant to take care of.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My sister and I met at the GWL with our 4 children age 5, 8 and 11. We got there right around 1:00 on our day of arrival to get the most time in as possible. We couldn't check-in but they texted us when our rooms were available. They do not store your luggage, you must keep it in your car until your room is ready. They do, however, have nice locker rooms you can change in and small lockers you can rent for valuables. The water park was fun-filled. And my 11year old boys loved the Magi-Quest treasure hunt game. I thought they may be too old for it but they weren't. We ordered a family meal at the take-out pizza place for dinner. It was very good. For breakfast they have a Dunkin' Donuts on site. And for lunch we ate in their restaurant. Our family suite did have a microwave and small refrigerator so you can bring items to eat in the room to save some money. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. My boys did not want to leave. However, I would say 1-2 nights is more than enough time there.

1  Thank Twinzmom40
Reviewed July 8, 2013

A great getaway for the family! The place is full of fun and the Waterparks are great,We have been there 4 times and have learned a lot along the way.
First: Bring snacks and NA drinks and be careful about the ADD ONs
Second: Get familiar with the surroundings(especially the Concord mall area as an option for the ONE meal out.
Third: If you are looking for an adult party atmosphere don't count on this place, and that is okay.You will
pay a lot to even get close.
Fourth: Two days is enough,after that no mas!

PS. I know it sounds weird, but take the wife and Fam to IKEA afterwards and it completes a fun trip!

This is heaven after a retail deprived life in the Mountains.

1  Thank Wataugian
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have driven by GWL many times over the years, but this was our first stay. Our kids loved the everything about the lodge. I was particularly impressed by how focused the lifeguards were on the pool and attention to safety. These are not your typical summer lifeguards! We enjoyed story time, the little bowling alley and the arcade as well. Lots of fun things to do! The sprays of water and sudden dumping of water in the waterpark took us by surprise at first, but we quickly figured it out!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We have family nearby so we have stayed here two times. We have been to the GWL in Washington State as well. Our kids loves the place. It is expensive but by comparison to Disney it is not. The wands and everything will get costly they have to reactivated at each trip to at GWL. The food is good and there are lots of choices near this GWL the one in Washington was isolated. There is a Bass Pro Shop across interstate. We stayed on the lower level and it was nice not have to ride on crowded elevators like we did in Washington.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We decided to surprise our boys on the last day of school with a trip to Great Wolf Lodge. We booked a room during a 48 hour sale and were pleased with the rate we got. We stayed in a basic room with no frills, and it was very spacious. Bathroom was tiny and dark! Kids (ages 10 and 6) absolutely LOVED the waterpark and even though my younger son was under 48" and couldn't go on some of the big slides, there was still plenty that he could do. They would have loved to do MagiQuest, but the cost was a bit high for the amount of time we had to play (the attendant said it would take 6-7 hours to get through the entire game and we only had 1-2 hours to spend). There is little in the way of healthy breakfast items at the Lodge if you are an early riser, we found donuts to be our only option.

1  Thank tigerlily93
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our family of four (4.5 yr old and 7.5 yr old) are just leaving our 3-night stay. We arrived at 4pm on Sun and were told our room wasn't ready despite the reservation stating that is when you can check into your room. In addition, the lady at the front desk did not offer me any maps or info about the resort upon check-in as though I had been there before and knew the drill, so I had to tell her it was our first visit before she handed me a map and the daily activities paperwork. She gave me a phone number to call that would tell me when our room was ready. ?? So we're to hang out with all our luggage (already unloaded from the car) and use our cell phones to keep calling a phone number until our room is finally ready??! We asked for a manager. We got a manager fairly quickly and he was very apologetic...said 7 of their room attendants had called off that day, so they were way behind prepping the rooms. However, he located a room very quickly that was ready and walked us there himself, handed us the wristbands for our stay and another map of the resort. We were very happy to have the room suddenly, but the way the situation was first handled was sub-par, especially when you spend over $250/night for a room at this "resort".

The room was clean and the kids were pumped about their Wolf Den hideaway. The size of the room was great for a family of four, the fridge was a dorm room size fridge that could hold a fair amount of food and drinks for our stay, the microwave was clean and great for reheating leftovers, and the overall countertop space in the unit was excellent. The toilet and shower (curved shower rod) were together in a small space with one light switch that automatically includes a loud fan. The sink was out in the main area. We were disappointed there weren't 2 sinks given this is a family resort. There was one dresser with four drawers for our entire family and there was a small bit of closet space where we ended up hanging bath towels and damp bathing suits. The beds were miserable...the bunk bed mattresses were hard as the floor and the queen bed was also hard and uncomfortable...with hard pillows to match. I've never had such a poor night's sleep in a hotel bed and I've travelled a lot of places. Incidentally, related to the room experience, the free wifi was excellent. My husband andI were both able to use multiple devices with ease and even stream TV shows to our iPads without trouble.

There are a few food options on site. The Dunkin Donuts was a huge hit for us, with fresh donuts at all hours between 6:30-9:30. The Loose Moose restaurant was tasty food at a fairly reasonable price. The only unreasonable part about this restaurant was the price of the buffet (it is not a $20 quality buffet) and the amount of time it took to get our dinner food (on two separate nights). The servers were very friendly and did what they could to improve our experience (free dessert and a plate of fresh fruit the first night and on the second night the server didn't charge us for one of the adult meals), but on both nights we were in the restaurant for about 1.5 hours and it was 8:30-9:00pm when we finished our dinner! The kids held it together, but after a long day at the waterpark that's a lot to ask! So don't assume you'll save time by eating onsite! There are a million restaurants within a half mile of the resort...Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday, TGIFriday, Denny's, Applebee's, Sonic, Chick-fil-A, McDonalds, Quaker Steak and Lube, and still a ton more! I got us a cheese pizza made at the resort for lunch one day and it was mediocre, but it feeds a family of four for just $12. There's also quick service food located within the waterpark area, but the kid's chicken tender meal was $7.50, which I thought was a little pricey. That said, my daughter LOVED their chicken tenders!

The waterpark was not too crowded despite it being the first half of the July fourth holiday week, although I think things were busier starting on Tue afternoon (7/2) than they were our first two days there. The kids are measured by the staff and assigned a wristband of red, yellow or green to identify which slides they're allowed to go on. My "red" 4.5 yr old (who is a petite little guy) could only do the two slides from the "tree house", but he was too nervous to try them anyway. My "green" 7.5 yr old did everything. The tornado slide always had the longest line of all the slides and is clearly the most intense of all the slides...she did that slide a couple times and that was enough for her. She loved all the rest of the slides and the pools. The outdoor pool was nice for some fresh air and the shade space is ample with ginormous umbrellas they have all over the pool deck. Indoors stays warm, humid and very noisy...although we did get cold on occasion indoors. Somehow, the chlorine smell is not strong or overpowering like it seems to be in most indoor pool areas. You can get lockers for a small daily fee,but we didn't bother. We were fine leaving our coverups and footwear draped over a chair and everyone else was comfortable doing the same...a staff member told us things don't really seem to get stolen there. There are showers and changing areas in the waterpark area (separate from the restrooms), but I didn't investigate that space.

Mini golf was outdoors off the waterpark. My son and husband played and said it was "fine"...it never looked busy. The arcade was awesome. I've never been to such a great arcade...and I don't generally care for them. Tons of games, tickets to be won and spent on prizes, clean, and well-staffed. Your money is put onto a game card (essentially a debit card for the arcade) and you just swipe to play...so it's easy to spend a ton. I thought we'd spend $20 at the arcade, but we were all having so much fun that we ended up spending $65 there!!! The mini candle pin bowling is next door to the arcade...a short lane alley for the kiddos with bumpers if you want them. Our kids really liked the bowling. It was $5 per game for each of them (10 frames) and you swipe your arcade card to pay for it...so, $15 of our $65 was for the bowling.

Overall, our kids had a great time...not even close to the amazing DisneyWorld (what else is?!), but they had fun. I could've been done after 2 nights (1.5 days at the waterpark). Interestingly, on our checkout morning we received a slip of paper under our door offering us a huge discount to extend our stay another night...$99 for a family suite, $129 for a themed suite, or $159 for a premium suite. Given this was July 3, I have to wonder if they always have some degree of availability and make these discounted extended stay offers all the time?

I'm in no rush to go back, but I don't necessarily regret going. We spent $1000 for our room, extra activities and food over the 3-night stay...which is expensive and disappointing given my overall impression of the vacation. We've definitely had better family vacations, but again, the kids had fun and were disappointed we were leaving. In my opinion, it'd be a better trip with older kids...once everyone can do all the same slides. For us, it meant one adult in the baby pool with our youngest while the other did all the slides with our older child, which isn't quite my definition of a FAMILY vacation where we can all spend time together. That said, there were lots of families there with babies and toddlers.

Room Tip: We were the first room from the main lobby...super convenient to everything which was awesome, but a...