“Great Family Fun time”

Great Wolf Lodge Concord
Cary, North Carolina
“Great Family Fun time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had an awesome time at this resort. If you love water parks and want to have a blast with the family in any weather, come check this place out. Your admission includes the waterpark for twpo days and an awesome room. The waterpark is indoors so no worries with inclimate weather and they have other activites for the kids as well. If you are a parent that has kids who love the water; book a trip and surprise them when you get there. Our kids cannot wait to get back cause its an awesome place.

Room Tip: Try to go during weekdays as its half the cost of weekends. You can go for one night and use the wa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Flowery Branch, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

We loved this resort! We only stayed for one night but with the late checkout option, we had 2 full days at the water park. More than enough to tire out my 9 and 6 year olds! Check in was a breeze by using the on line option. We walked right in and had a bellhop immediately help us. The only reason I am not giving this place 5 stars was the cost....not of the resport itself, that was worth it for the cool room with bunk-beds and the waterpark. BUT...there is a million other things for kids to do, which is great, but COSTLY to say the least. Putt putt, an arcade, ice cream shop, bakery, bowling, the majic wand quest......and it's very hard to say no when these things are right in your face. I just wish the hotel was a little more "all inclusive" and some of these other options were included in the price. And $20 for the buffet was definitely out of line. But the food was very good, I'll say that!

1 Thank Sharon M
Santa Cruz CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed for one night in April. This was our fourth visit, and GWL does the job ( ar great expense, i must say) of keeping the children occupied an happy for a couple days while parents wrap up some work.
As always the bar staff was excellent, as was the check in. The pizzza place was disorganized, no onseemed to know whise pizza was ready.
Our room on water park level was dark and grungier than those on higher levels. New carpets and a coat of paint would be welcome, especially given the price.

Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was my family's first stay at a Great Wolf Lodge, and it was a success overall. We were able to check in early when we arrived around 2pm, though the front desk clerk was apparently not knowledgeable about the local area. Our room and bathroom were clean, and while the air conditioning was a little loud (had to turn the TV up when it kicked on), the room was perfect for us. The fridge and microwave worked without any issues. We were on the 4th floor (the top floor), so there was never any noise above us and we had a vaulted ceiling. We did hear a fair amount of noise from the hallway, including kids running up and down the hallway late at night. When you get off of the elevator on the 4th floor, you are blasted in the face with loud video game sounds from the MagiQuest game the kids play on several floors of the hotel. Thankfully, that sound really doesn't travel down the hall to the guest rooms.
We spent time at the waterpark on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It was less crowded on Friday. We were able to find tables and chairs each day, though we had to wait for someone to get up on Saturday. We enjoyed the wave pool, the regular pool, the baby/small child area, the kid tower area, and most of the water slides. The air temperature was a little too cool each day, and the wave pool was surprisingly chilly. The towels provided in the pool area are pretty small, so if you want to wrap up and warm up or take a towel back to your room instead of getting a coverup soaking wet, you should bring your own towel.
We got a pizza from the 1st floor restaurant the first night and were disappointed that we couldn't get breadsticks without ordering a full meal deal that we did not want. We had dinner the second night in the sit down restaurant and had good food. The adult buffet is $20, but you can order from the menu, as well. We intended to just grab sandwiches from the snack bar in the pool area, but it closed before we realized it. I didn't see their hours posted anywhere, so I'm not sure what time they closed.
We enjoyed the arcade, which was relatively empty on Friday night but bustling and crazy on Saturday night. For $20, we played a ton of games, and our 5 year old rode on some of the small (lame) rides. We did story time on Friday night and stood in line to meet one of the characters. It was difficult to hear/understand what the girl with the microphone was saying during the actual story, but my 5yo enjoyed it. Story time is a little late for younger kids in my opinion though.
Overall, it was a great experience, and we were all exhausted when we got home.

McDonough, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Was here for two nights on a business trip. I have wanted to take the family here for some time and was excited to see if the trip would be worth the price we would have to pay. From what I saw it is NOT worth it. We always for on a summer vacation for a week in July and I could go on TWO trips for the price I would pay to stay here and I would have more fun. I did not go into the water park but from what I saw I was not impressed. There was a big game room and a mini bowling alley along with some other things.

The room was nice and the beds were comfortable. The room had a cozy feel but the fan in the bathroom was super loud and the light was behind the door. They wanted $2.50 for a small bottle of water. I could only imagine how much the food and other things cost. I do have to say the food I smelled smelt good. It is close to shopping and food just a short drive away.

I was told that the best time to come for less money is in May or Sept. They close for a week in Sep so they run good rates from what I was told.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
nj
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Rooms are not as great as pictures provided, carpet in room was unsanitary, rooms are not as themed as they say, food is very expensive. Activities cost big bucks and the arts and crafts are cheap material they get it from Oriental Trading, my daughter made a picture frame it was warped and the art helper said that's how we receive them??? To advertise as an upscale place they have alot of work to do to make it better! The water park to get on the ride you gotta walk up 3 flights of stairs to get on the water ride so be prepared! I thought my daughter was lost and one of the lifeguards said their were no cameras when I asked could they look on the cameras for her, it was the scariest moment of my life , but they did radio each other to find her.

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank her1721
Cornelia, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We recently stayed at Great Wolf Lodge for a couple of days over spring break. It is quite pricey, but we did go during a peak travel time. I would recommend trying to schedule your stay during a less busy time, not only for the price but the crowds as well. That being said, the kids loved our stay here. The water park had plenty for both our 10 year old and 5 year old to do. We found it to be quite chilly in the park once you got wet, despite their claim of 84 degree temps. The park was lots of fun and kept the children entertained easily. The lifeguards were very attentive and there were plenty on staff. Any other activities will cost you extra - & of course the kids wanted to do them all! We purchased the "Paw Pass" which pretty much includes all the extras. The kids enjoyed Magiquest, though with it being our first time here they were more interested in the water park. We also played mini-golf, went to the arcade, and went bowling. The kids had a blast at all of it. The staff was friendly, especially in the "cub club." The only meal we ate in the lodge was at the pizza place outside the water park and it was surprisingly good. We would definitely return - just not during spring break:)