“Bad Customer Service And Even Worse Beds!”

Courtyard Charlotte Concord
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I extended my stay via Priceline and the front desk called at 12:30 pm to tell me that I had to pack all of my things and switch rooms because the room that I was in was not available for the aditional night. I could understand that if I was in a suite, but I was in a regular room! What makes even less sense is that they moved me from room 311 to room 310 right across the hall! (Wait. What? Are you serrious!?) But what sent me over the edge is that they let me pack all of my things, lugg them down stairs to the front desk, get my new keys and lugg them back upstairs when all I had to do was take them across the freaking hall! The staff has no idea how to handle an unhappy guest. I let them know that I was not pleased and they had nothing to say about the situation. Any time I have had issues in other hotels, they always bend over backwards to make sure that I am happy and if they cannot make the siuation right, they always offer some sort of compensation. NOT AT THIS HOTEL! They really just do not seem to care that I am unhappy. On to the beds.... I will make this short and sweet. Absolutely the WORST mattresses I have ever slept on in a hotel! If I am traveling alone, I will occasionally stay at cheap hotels near airports just for the convenience. As long as I have a place to sleep, I am usually pretty happy. They all have better mattresses than this hotel. This is not a $39 a night hotel and people, rightly, expect more. So........if you like crappy mattresses and excuses from the staff then this is your hotel! Otherwise, I reccomend that you stay in one of the other great hotels in the area.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed November 22, 2010

Our stay was wonderful!!! The staff was nice and we enjoyed everything the hotel had to offer!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2010

The hotel is very new & clean. The lobby set-up that CY is rolling out nationally is pretty cool.

The staff, however, could not be more indifferent to guest comfort/happiness.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Great hotel. Love the location - convenient for food, shopping, real close to work. Clean, quiet, good staff. I've stayed there about 5 times this year and will continuing doing so.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We stopped without a prior reservation, late at night, en route from Atlanta to Richmond. This hotel appears to be brand new and we got a good rate with our AAA card. We were promptly and politely checked in by the staff member. Our room was decent-sized, spotlessly clean and nicely decorated. We left too early the next morning for breakfast so I can't speak to it's quality, and we looked at but did not use the small indoor pool and gym. The hotel met or exceeded our needs.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Stayed at the new Courtyard-Concord for a week and was very pleased with the overall experience. The rooms are spacious, clean and everything has a new-feeling. Beds are comfy, but the a/c - heater was a little noisy, so I'd recommend bringing earplugs for sleeping. Bathroom was spacious and clean with plenty of lighting. Lobby was large, loved the bar area at night and breakfast bar in the mornings. Lots of seating and the hotel provided a couple of pc's for surfing, checking into flights, etc. I especially love the free wifi -- thank you Courtyard!!! Pool was nice and clean as well.

The only negatives that prevented this property from getting 5-stars was service. Staff seemed really nice but not very competent on some issues. We are Marriott Rewards members and we took advantage, when booking online, to request a few things. Unfortunately, none of the pre-requested items were in the room, and we weren't impressed with the not-so-friendly check-in agent at the front desk. Some specific issues:
Crib - After calling the front desk, housekeeping brought it up in a bag (a pack and play), handed it to me, and said, "I'm sure you know how to put this together," and left. Gee, thanks.
Towels & bath items - No extra towels as requested, in fact, there were too few regular towels as is. We also had to request more toiletries as there weren't enough for more than two nights and after the first night, the maid took the bath soap and didn't replace it with a new box! We would have happily finished using the old soap....
Blanket - I hate those down comforters so we asked for a regular blanket. Every morning, the maid made the bed with the down and folded up the extra blanket, so we had to remake the bed at night. Then, on the last night, she took the other blanket and just left us the down blanket (!!!)
Misc - Some bulbs on the overhead lights were out and never replaced.

Needless to say, as annoying as these items were, they were minor overall for us as what's most important is cleanliness, location, and price. Otherwise, this hotel will be perfect once service glitches such as these are addressed.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed here as we were in town for a concert at the Music Factory in Charlotte. This motel is brand new and very nice. This Courtyard continues to hold up to the Marriott standard and reliability with this brand. The beds are comfortable and the staff were overly friendly. I'm in Charlotte several times a year and this hotel will definitely be where I stay again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends