“A nice place very convenient to the Charlotte Motor Speedway”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This Sleep Inn is well located to the Charlotte Motor Speedway and many restaurants. It was clean, well-furnished with a very good TV and HVAC unit. The beds were quite comfortable. Plenty of parking. They have an outdoor pool which would be nice in warmer weather. The breakfast was pretty good although, other than hard-boiled eggs, no other egg selections were available.

We were there for the semi-annual Charlotte Auto Fair and the rates were jacked up which we were told is done by all of the hotels in the areas during special events.

Room Tip: Perhaps asking for a room on the side opposite I-85 might be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
hiexbirkdale, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with other travelers. We appreciate your comments and value your business. We're fortunate to enjoy a great location and glad you found it so convenient and your room so comfortable. Although currently our single egg offering is a hardboiled egg, we hope you were able to enjoy some of our hot breakfast selections like our Belgian waffles and breakfast meats. Your input influences changes and improvements to both our hotel the lodging industry in general.
Again, thank you and we look forward to having you visit us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The staff did a fabulous job of providing a clean hospitality room and restrooms for our dog event. They kept everything well-stocked and clean, and were very friendly. Nice continental breakfast provided for guests. I did not sleep at the hotel like the rest of the participants because we camped in our RV at a nearby campground.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed 2/22-23/13. The breakfast, if that is what you guys want to call it, was lacking to say the least. Had to wait in 20-30 min line to use the one and only waffle iron. The waffle batter was as thin as water, waffle was horrible. The microwave was never available because it was being used to "cook" the frozen bacon and sausage. I am sure another waffle iron and microwave could be purchased at a minimal cost. Also, put the microwave used for "cooking" in the back and not out with the rest of the stuff. The room was clean and as expected for that quality of hotel. The only complaint with room was the shower head was not secured to wall and would "flop" back and forth. I did receive an email to complete a survey and the link would not work. There are better options in same area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel is decent enough overall. The price was decent. I stayed here for the Bank of America 500 race in October. The reason I stayed here in the first place was because it was the only hotel close to the track that was still available by the time I made my reservations. I was certain there was a reason it was last to book. Overall, it is one of the lower end hotels in this area. It is right off of I-85, and closest out of the local hotels, which does account for some road noise throughout the night. The room itself was decent, the one I booked had 2 beds and a pullout sofa, with a mini-fridge and microwave. One complaint I have about the room is that the sink is actually in the bedroom, rather than down a hallway or closed off, which I found a little weird. Another thing about the room, is that even though I had a bigger room, with the 2 beds and pullout couch, there was still only 1 air conditioner, which did not cool the entire room. I had to set it very cold to make the far end of the room tolerable, while the part of the room close to the air conditioner was freezing.

If you are considering staying here during a race at the Speedway and are wondering about distance, it's about 1.5 miles away from the track. We did not walk because it seemed like a pretty far 1.5 miles, and on the way back from the track, it would be an uphill walk on a highly traveled road. We did see some people walking back and forth from the hotels though.
Just a heads up warning as well, the traffic pattern the local police set up during the popular races is a nightmare... So walking may have been a better option...

Breakfast was also decent, not the best continental breakfast that I've had, but not the worst either. Selection was pretty good, and what was there did taste good.

Overall, the hotel was decent, however, there are so many different hotel choices in the same area that I would probably try and reserve earlier and stay at a nicer hotel next time.

Room Tip: The rooms with 2 beds, pullout sofa, and micro-fridge are very 'roomy' There is highway n...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Dan F
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I arrived was in town on business and needed an affordable room for one night. I felt a little uneasy staying by myself for a few reasons (there was a large group of men staying there who occupied the pool deck outside of my room smoking/drinking/laughing until after midnight) and the hotel check-in staff member was just weird. He wasn't wearing any identifiers (ex. Sleep in shirt, name tag, etc.) and asked a few personal (in my opinion) questions. Breakfast was average for a free continental breakfast (oatmeal, bacon, boiled eggs, juice, coffee, etc) and well-maintained by the lady who staffed it. There was a weird odor to the lobby and hallways that I just couldn't identify...like too much carpet shampoo??? The noise level was high all night due to doors slamming shut, people yackin' outside and a nearby airport/interstate. Everything was a little dated and I felt like I had to wear my shoes around the room. There were multiple stains on my sheets and a few hairs on my fitted sheet...yea, gross. The shower and bathroom was nice enough but I just felt gross when I laid down at night. Sorry Sleep Inn...I normally like your hotels. This one just needs some work.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor near the pool...it can be loud.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The entire staff was very professional during my 4 day stay. I did have a suite which was very large, clean, and well maintained. Breakfast items were outstanding and well maintained. Good job to the Breakfast Attendant.

I will definitely be back to that location when in North Carolina!!

Room Tip: Ask for the suite if it is available, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed during the Charlotte Democratic National Convention. Basic but hotel was a good value. It's a bit far from Charlotte but nearby is the speedway among other attractions. Breakfast was ok. rooms fine. pool small. Not much to say considering we we away 20 hours each day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business