“Always pleasant stays”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've been to this location several times before and it's always a nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 25, 2012

THe best way to describe this hotel is simply worn out. While the common areas seem to be well maintained and attractive the guest rooms are simply worn out. When I checked in, the first room I was given had stained carpet and seemed untidy, so I asked for another room. The second room was just as bad. The carpet was stained, walls needed painting, there were water stains on the ceiling, the curtains were old and stained. the recliner looked worn and stained and the room had this overall appearance as being worn out.

The cleaning crew had done a substandard job and the floor needed to be vacuumed again, only thoroughly. The shower needed to be rinsed out and wiped down, before I used it and there was dirt in the corners and behind the toilet.

Also, the television was an older model, and for some reason half the channels came in fuzzy and discolored.

On the positve side, the staff was nice and helpful. Also, the bed was comfortable and may have been recently updated.

I will never stay here again. I was looking for a cheap room after a 600 mile drive and was too tired to switch hotels. Next time I am in the area, I will pay more and reserve something a little nicer and better maintained.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank njmark
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We just stayed at the hotel for 3 nights while in town for the NHRA race. We chose it because we had a 100 lb Golden Retriever with us and they let him stay. Actually, there was nothing wrong with the hotel. It's a simple, clean, decent place to stay. The people were very nice, it didn't smell like dogs ( I don't normally like hotel's that allow dogs because of the smell but this hotel smelled fine), and it was very convienent to the race track and Concord Mills. My only gripe was the price. When I booked I'm very sure I was told the rate was $89. I got a confirmation #, but didn't get an email confirmation. When I checked out, they had charged me $116 a nite plus $25 for the dog ( which that $25's was understandable and I knew about it). I told them that was ridiculous because I had looked on line on Sunday night ( while we were in the hotel
just to see if it was full l), and the online rate was $89 and they CHARGED me almost $30 more than the advertised RATE!!! There was no arguing with the desk guy and I was tired from a fun weekend so I just walked out. So, this is what I would say... Stay there if you want a decent place to sleep without spending a fortune, but make SURE you get the rate in writing upfront because we did get screwed.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bchduty1
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Hotel was being remodeled; first floor unavailable but there was an elevator nearby. Very comfortable for a very comfortable price. Other hotels nearby for more $$$. I only needed a place to sleep, not be entertained. This was good. Room was nice; continental breakfast was as expected, cold muffins, cook your own waffles, with usual beverages. Actually it was normal and was certainly not bad.

Room Tip: Very near the highway; easy on and off. Food/restaurants nearby; little store walking distance as w...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MooseMikeNY
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed at this hotel as an overnight stop while traveling through the area. I made my reservation using the choicehotels.com website. I selected a shop & stay rate linked from the Concord Mills website at www.simon.com/mall. That rate was and still is $69.00. I promptly received an email confirmation of my reservation. The location of the hotel is convenient, being just off I-85. It is located in an area where there are several restaurants and other hotels.

Upon arrival, there were several people hanging around the front of the hotel, not seeming to be doing anything other than just staring at people that walked by. That made me feel uneasy. There was ample parking available, although some of the parking was off to the side, where I would not have felt as comfortable parking at night.

Check-in was smooth. My room was on the first floor. It was a small room, with a very small bathroom. No bathtub, just a corner shower. The beds were comfortable, and the large soft pillows slept well. There was free wireless internet available in my room. There was also a computer with internet and a printer in the hotel lobby for guests to use if needed.

The hotel seemed to fill up with guests overnight. The continental breakfast was ok, but pretty crowded. There is a NASCAR track (Charlotte Motor Speedway) just down the road from the hotel, and the Concord Mills shopping mall is just across the road. Check-out was easy.

I chose this hotel based on the $69.00 price and the tripadvisor.com reviews. I have since stayed at the comfort suites hotel in the same area as this hotel, although that rate is a bit more. I'm not totally opposed to staying at the Sleep Inn again, but if in the area again, and the rate difference wasn't too much, I would choose the comfort suites.

Room Tip: The concord mills website has a link for a cheaper
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank 3gw
Reviewed February 13, 2011

This particular Sleep Inn is in a serious state of disrepair. Broken this and broken that. Cleanliness is also an issue as housekeeping at this hotel is shameful. Speaking to the hotel manager will only get you a series of blank stares and confused looks.

Breakfast is not too bad with the usual Choice Hotels carb load. Lots of fresh fruit though which was a plus.

The only positive about this property is that they have great rates. Maybe for a night or two it would be fine.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank HaniSalaam
Reviewed February 13, 2011

The hotel is in a great location however our stay was just ok. Rooms were not renovated. They were semi-clean and very small. The front desk staff was polite but not professional. The hallway to our non-smoking room smelled like smoke! Our room smelled ok but the door did not close tightly so the bright hallway lights and noise came through all night long. We could hear everything from our neighbors. Breakfast the next morning was terrible....only carbs and nothing really healthy- nothing was fresh- the breads, bagels and pastries were all stale. There was not much variety either. If you don't care about where you stay----it's fine but I would have rather pay a little more and stayed at he Hilton next door!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple