“James Stinecipher-Mgr of Food&Beverage at Embassy Suites Concord is AMAZING to work with!!!!”
Review of Rocky River Grille

Rocky River Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Rocky River Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 318 Restaurants in Concord
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-85 Exit 49 - Bruton Smith Blvd
Description: We invite you to come on down for a great lunch or supper, a fantastic bottle of wine or some Carolina beers and Moonshine. Our food is upscale Southern cuisine with Carolina twists and is local, fresh and organic to the extent possible. Experience our full service espresso bar or enjoy lunch outside on the patio. Meet your family, friends or business colleagues. At Rocky River Grille, we know your event is more than creating a meal, it's about creating memories. That's why we take great care to craft inspired seasonal menus, creating delicious memorable events every time. We work with you to meet your wishes & the needs of your guests. You will love what Rocky River Grille has to offer for your business event, family gathering, or any other special occasion. Our knowledgeable event staff will make every aspect of your occasion exceptional. We have 2 private dining rooms to host a variety of events such as lunch, dinner or just cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. You can also rent the entire restaurant for events such as wedding receptions and Christmas parties. Prices and availability vary and are available upon request.
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My work partner and I needed a private dining room/banquet room to have a business mtg presentation and dinner for 10 people and due to unfortunate circumstances we were scrambling to find a place the day of our mtg. I called James and spoke w/him and they were already overbooked w/other parties. He said let me check on some things and call you back. He called me back in less than 5 mins. and had gotten me a private banquet room for our group and had called in an extra server to take care of just our group. He and his staff were amazing, as well as, the food was amazing!!! James although overbooked w/other parties had the best positive attitude and wanted to assure that we were taken care of and had everything we needed. I will definitely do business w/him and the restaurant/hotel in the future. Thanks JAMES!!!!!!!!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I was staying at the Embassy Suites and it had been a long day, so I ate here since it was in the hotel. I didn't think the options were great, but the food was good. They were having Cajun themed food for Mardi Gras and I had a pretty good meal. The staff was very friendly and the price was reasonable. I have stayed at the Embassy Suites before and i would eat here again on my next stay.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The R.R.G was a total disappointment. My family And I decided to have a nice saturday evening dinner here. We made sure to call ahead and made reservations at least 6 hrs prior to arriving. We arrived for our designated time of 7pm for dinner. When we spoke to the hostess at the desk , she replied ok np I see your reservation and it would be about a five minute wait. Oh yes forgot to mention hostess never looked at us as she spoke to us! As a smoker i took the five minutes to go outside and have a cigarette. Needless to say 10 minutes later I return my wife and family were still waiting. Waited some more to the tune of over a half an hour! This time once again asked the hostess how much longer? She responded let me ask my manager. She walked away to get the manager and five minutes after this the manager comes out of the kitchen, needless to say her dress attire was less then professional which I came to find out similarly matched her personality! She turns to the hostess and says something to her at which point we were escorted to a table. Again another five minutes go by and the "MANAGER" appears and literally throws a basket of bread on the table! Also of which may I add hit me it the hand and nearly fell off the table. Now to the service and the food. Our waitress Nikki was the best part of this whole dinner! Her personality and demeanor was some of the best service we have ever received! She was well tipped for it I promise. The food was less then fair. The chef apparently has no idea of the difference between rare,medium rare,well or well done. This all being said it will be a long time if any,that we will ever dine here again. Sad to say and I am a resident of this great city of Concord. This restaurant is a huge disappointment to the visitors and guests coming to Concord to dine!

James S, Manager at Rocky River Grille, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thanks first of all for posting this. I appreciate your feedback, even though its very upsetting to read. Our goal is to provide our guest with great southern cuisine and hospitality. I think you can see by the positive comments on Trip Advisor that your experience was not a typical one for this restaurant.
I want you to know I take my buisness very seriously. I will speak to both the manager and the chef from that evening and we will get this corrected.

My apoligies sir for what happened, I know if you came back you would see this was not what were all about here. I hope you will.

Best Regards,
James S

Reviewed March 1, 2014

The service was good. The menu was small, but I prefer people to do a few things well as opposed to doing many things indifferently. I can recommend the Watermelon and Pork belly salad.

James S, Manager at Rocky River Grille, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for your kind words. Our menu is small as compared to some restaurants. We try to keep it simple, but at the same time creative and memorable. Our kitchens goal is to serve our guest traditional southern foods with a twist while our servers goal is to provide genuine southern hospitality in our dining room. We work hard at it and it makes us happy to know that you enjoyed it.

Thanks Again and Come Back Soon ,

JS

Reviewed February 28, 2014

My girlfriend and myself went here for one of our "date night's". We both ate steak which i might say we where both satisfied with. Both steaks where very juicy and cooked just like we like them. The salad was good as well but we did not eat to much of it due to talking. We also did not try desert. Overall I was very happy with the experience here and I look forward to going back.

Mr. Reese we look forward to having you back ! We use Certified Black Angus Beef here and that makes for a fine steak. You need to come back on Friday and Saturday nights though. We feature Prime Rib on these nights and because of the quality of the beef, its pretty amazing. Next time we see you were going to try and force some of our homemade desserts on you. :)

Come Back Soon,
JS

Been to Rocky River Grille? Share your experiences!