“Thanks!!!”
Review of Rocky River Grille

Rocky River Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Rocky River Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 309 Restaurants in Concord
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-85 Exit 49 - Bruton Smith Blvd
Description: We invite you to come on down for a great lunch or supper, a fantastic bottle of wine or some Carolina beers and Moonshine. Our food is upscale Southern cuisine with Carolina twists and is local, fresh and organic to the extent possible. Experience our full service espresso bar or enjoy lunch outside on the patio. Meet your family, friends or business colleagues. At Rocky River Grille, we know your event is more than creating a meal, it's about creating memories. That's why we take great care to craft inspired seasonal menus, creating delicious memorable events every time. We work with you to meet your wishes & the needs of your guests. You will love what Rocky River Grille has to offer for your business event, family gathering, or any other special occasion. Our knowledgeable event staff will make every aspect of your occasion exceptional. We have 2 private dining rooms to host a variety of events such as lunch, dinner or just cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. You can also rent the entire restaurant for events such as wedding receptions and Christmas parties. Prices and availability vary and are available upon request.
Reviewed December 3, 2012

As a frequent flyer I stay in a lot of hotels that have restaurants in it and as a food lover I am always looking for good food. This place was great, clean, good food, and the staff was very experienced. Leesa, my server, was very good and you could tell that she takes very good care of her customers by the way she treated me. Thanks for making this a unique experience. Next time I am in town for business I will definitely stay at the same hotel, eat at rocky river and let colleagues know about this great place.

James S, Manager at Rocky River Grille, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I spoke with you at your table that night and enjoyed you being with us in the dining room. I have shared your comments with the staff and they have asked me to tell you "Thanks" ! See you soon.

There are newer reviews for Rocky River Grille

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We recently stayed at the Embassy Suites in Concord, NC and decided that we would try the hotel restaurant. Big mistake. There was absolutely no one waiting to be seated when we walked up. There were two ladies chatting behind the desk, they continued the conversation until a member in our party finally said "excuse me" we would like to have dinner". One of the women rolled her eyes and walked off, the other one said it would be a few minutes for them to ready a table for us. There were only six of us and we could see at least four tables that would accommodate us that were empty, clean and set for customers. But we waited, we chatted, and waited, and waited. It took over twenty minutes before we were shown to our table, a table without flatware or napkins. We were given four menus for a table of six and had to ask for the additional menus, then we waited... and waited until the server came to take our drink order. We all told her we were ready to order but as soon as she got the drink order she walked away. We waited-and waited-and waited for her to return with the drinks. She sat the drinks down and started to walk off but we all called her back. When it was my time to order, I specifically asked if they had the Creme Brulee' desert that was on a "special dinner" section. She said that she was sure they did and I told her that if they did, I wanted the Special Dinner. We placed our orders and you guessed it... waited. Finally, she returned with a basket of assorted rolls, unfortunately we still did not have napkins or flatware, even though we had asked for it. Everyone was starving by this point so one of the guys told her to go ahead and bring an extra basket of the breads to hold us over. I eagerly took one that looked like an herb biscuit but it was--well, it wasn't good. We continued our conversations as we waited on our salads, my salad and main course was good but not outstanding. My husband's meal was cold but he was too hungry to send it back and wait again. One of our friends ordered a rib eye but it was not properly cooked and was tough. He mentioned it to the server but she just said "oh, I 'm sorry" and kept walking. She then came back to tell me that they did not have the Creme Brulee' but I could get a scoop of vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce. We waited at least twenty minutes after we had all finished our dinner for her to bring our checks. Jim noticed that a 21% gratuity had been added and when he questioned it, the manager (had never shown up before) said we automatically add the tip top parties over six. Jim said we are a party of six not over six. The manager said, I meant to say six and over, it is on the menu, you can read it.
We always tip 20-25% even at a family diner but it was not 21% service and the manager should have been polite when explaining it not snippy, particularly since the food was less than great, service was sub standard and the attitude was sad.
I could not comfortably recommend this restaurant but we did find a great Texas Roadhouse just down the road, not as fancy a restaurant (this was a pretty restaurant) but the food and service was great!

3  Thank BeeBee623
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Love this place. All the food is good, especially the iced tea. The potato chips and ranch are awesome, wings and great beer on draft

1  Thank Ron M
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Friday night while I was at the embassy suites celebrating my cousins impending nuptials, I witnessed not one but two barmaids take shots with two women at the bar. To make matters worse, the two women had clearly been over served. I have stayed at many hilton properties and never expected to witness this level of unprofessional behavior. I asked the third barmaid for a manager and she politely told me that they were gone for the evening and someone would be here in the morning. This is such a beautiful establishment, but those two definetely bring down this place!!!

1  Thank mdouglass
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have been a huge fan of Rocky River Grille since I moved to Concord. Last month I had to plan a party for my sister's birthday so naturally I chose Rocky River Grille. I had never hosted a party so I wasn't sure what food to serve or how the room should be decorated.The managers helped me with everything! We had a private room and it looked fantastic. Everything that was promised was delivered. We were thrilled at how everything turned out.
If you are thinking about hosting a small party, this is definitely a great place.

Been to Rocky River Grille? Share your experiences!