“Southern Hospitality”

Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Wilmington, nc, United States
“Southern Hospitality”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The staff was great. We were in town for a funeral and were touched to find sympathy cards in our rooms when we returned. They were very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is what you would expect from this chain in it's setup. It was extremely well maintained and very clean. We had four rooms full of family and everyone was happy with the accomodations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

3 Thank Joan P
shastaketchie, General Manager at Hampton Inn Concord/Kannapolis, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
We are sorry for your loss and glad we could make a trying time a little easier. We hope you will come back and see us again. Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Kudos to Branden at the Front Desk. I checked out after a 3 night stay that was comfortable and pleasant. When I needed to return just 24 hours later, BRANDEN, helped get me into another comfy room. He even called me back to confirm! When I checked out that morning, I was anticipating going home. But no. I called Branden and all the rooms were filled. He took my name and number and called me as soon as he got a cancellation! I have all good things to say about this hotel and awesome things to say about Branden!

Room Tip: Hallways are too warm but rooms were very cool and well ventilated. Great assortment for breakfast a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MEF3824
Thank you for your feedback. Branden is our newest team member and we are glad he is fitting in to our way of guest service is the most important detail. We hope you will be back again real soon.
Kannapolis, North Carolina
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I wanted to make management aware that they have employed 3 fantastic people that have made my stay at the Hampton Inn a pleasurable experience. I have been traveling to this area for approx. 5 weeks now for work. Peyton(front desk), Branden(front desk) and Pat(Host of the managers reception) have made travel a more enjoyable task.

These three employees are a true asset to your business.

Kellee Jones

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kellee J
Thank you for your compliments. The staff really appreciates your feedback. We hope you will continue to stay with us.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here, I stayed 2 nights and was able to take advantage of the pool and the free appetizer and drink hour! All of the staff was very friendly and helpful and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Lhb0913
We are glad you got to take advantage of our extra amenities. We have Manager’s Reception Monday-Thursday 5:30pm-7pm. It is a great time to socialize with our great guests. I hope Ms. Pat took excellent care of you. Hope to see you again soon!
Lynchburg, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We chose to stay at Hampton Inn because of past experience with the chain. However, the price comparison, combined with others in the area, is what made our decision easy. The Hampton was clean, and I particularly liked the idea that the bedspreads are washed between every customer!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Stanton C
We are glad you chose us! With all Hamptons the bedding is completely changed after every check out! This is important to us to make sure our guests have a great night sleep. We hope when in the area you will stay with us again.
Concord, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The title of review says it all. The hotel put me in a room without a working air conditioner. They then admitted to it at 12:30 Am when I got back to the room . The lady at the front desk didn't offer to give me the 100% money back guarantee until I threatened to leave and stay at the Marriott

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

shastaketchie, Manager at Hampton Inn Concord/Kannapolis, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I am truly sorry that your stay was not perfect. You should have never been placed in a room that the A/C was not working in, especially if the staff was aware of this ahead of time. Thank you for bringing this to our attention to address with the staff. I am happy that you received our 100% Guarantee, just wish it would have been offerred right off the bat. This is not standard for our hotel and will be corrected. Again, thank you for letting us know and we hope you will stay with us again.
Fredericksburg, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The staff was extremely pleasant, considerate, and helpful. Bathroom shower curtain rod needed tightening. Rooms were clean. Toiletries and supplies were always replenished. I previously stayed at this location for 3 months. The quality was never compromised. A small fridge and microwave are available which made my stay less complicated. The location was convenient to airport Charlotte my work place and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Glad to hear you had a good stay. Remember there is also the upgrade option when booking at our hotel, with a refrigerator and microwave, based on availability. Reception is another bonus you should try not to pass up. We hope your next travels will bring you to our area and we will see you again. Thank you.