“Nice Stay”
Review of Sleep Inn Concord

Sleep Inn Concord
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Nice place to stay. This was our second time staying here to attend the Drag Races at ZMax Raceway. Not too far away but just far enough to avoid the higher rates if we had stayed closer. Very friendly staff and very helpful. They gave us a great tip for dinner and a coupon to help sway our decision. Would definitely stay again. The women at the front desk were always friendly and always smiling.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
THESALESOFFICE, Manager at Sleep Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

We love hosting guests who love racing! We are thankful for your kind review and most important your return visit! We have just added an excellent racing package be sure to look in to this during your next visit to Concord. We wish you a very safe journey home to sunny Florida...

Reviewed September 10, 2011

Missed having an excercise room, but the room was comfortable for one person on business, and staff were perfect;y accomodating. Decent but shallow pool. Breakfast included--carbs and a little fruit--but 24 hour coffee service in the lobby was great. Good location for access to Kannapolis/Concord. Fridge, coffee pot, microwave and ironing board in room. Free wifi. Really a nice affordable place for an overnight or two on business.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
THESALESOFFICE, Manager at Sleep Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Please know that your review is very much appreciated! We will be going through additional renovations in the coming months and will take your suggestions to heart in this process. I will also share with the staff how much their hospitality meant to you and your stay. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

The hotel had a refrigerator and microwave which saved us from always going out to eat. It is near Walmart and Food Lion so we could buy food. The free breakfast was awesome! The hotel is near stores and restaurants and my family's house that I was visiting! The room was clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
sleepinnconcord, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

Dear Diane Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a response for our property. We are glad to serve you every time you come to Concord NC.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

We have stayed here four times in the last year because it is conveniently
located near relatives. Although the front desk staff has always been
pleasant and helpful, during our last two stays in March &May of this year
we noted the housekeeping was not as good and the motel did not seem
as well kept as in previous stays. Still a reasonably inexpensive place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for being a loyal customer at the Sleep Inn Concord. I am sorry we failed to keep up to your expectations but can assure you that actions have been taken to correct this straight away. Once again thank you for staying with us and I hope your next visit will be more a more pleasurable one.

Reviewed April 9, 2011

If I could have checked the reviews first, I wouldn't have stayed here. I tried to use a coupon at check-in, but was told they didn't accept them if there were fewer than 10 rooms available. The rate was almost double the coupon rate, but I needed a place to stay. The A/C was very noisy, and I couldn't sleep with it running. The micro-fridge had been unplugged, and judging by the big stain on the carpet, there was a reason it wasn't running. The bed was VERY hard, and the bedding was very thin, not at all comfortable. The desk chair was so rickety that a heavy person would have caused it to collapse; I was almost afraid to sit in it. The water in the sink wouldn't shut off completely. Breakfast was skimpy, and complicated by the fact that that there were only 4-5 tables to accommodate persons from 75+ rooms!

At checkout the desk clerk was not friendly, and didn't ask if my stay was acceptable. I think I know why.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
THESALESOFFICE, Manager at Sleep Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2011

Thank you for your comments as you may have read in the previous reviews we have had guest unplug our refrigerators in order to confirm a restful night’s sleep and this in turn has caused awful experience to our next guest. Plaques have been ordered to place in the room to request that guest not unplug the equipment and instead contact maintenance to fix or replace immediately. You may be happy to learn that our bedding system is changing and we are waiting for final confirmation from the brand to complete our order. We are in the process of reviewing our breakfast selection and would be grateful for further suggestions by you and our guest on how we can maximize this amenity. I truly value your feedback and can assure you there will be immediate solutions to your concerns. I hope you allow us the opportunity to prove this to you.

Reviewed April 5, 2011

Stayed here with my dogs for a dog show. Advertised no pet fee in the premium list for the show and made my reservation according to the staff member from the hotel that I spoke with over the phone. On check-in, desk clerk was very rude and I had to fight with the manager over the pet fee - it took over 30 minutes to check in and one should never have to fight over something that was advertised and reserved according to the hotel staff's directions! Once in the room, the cleanliness was questionable, the beds uncomfortable, no alarm clock, loud air conditioner/heater, and the refridgerator was so loud it had to be unplugged because it was so loud I could not sleep. It took 20 minutes for the shower to get warm and the breakfast bar was a joke. It was not pet friendly and the staff member were very RUDE!!! Would not stay here. Pool was closed, business center equipped with a computer from the 90's. Landscaping was ill-kept and grass not even mowed.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your comments. Our property prides itself in being not only pet friendly but offering additional amenities just for our canine friends. We do offer a pet package that excludes any pet fees. In order to receive this package it must be booked as such. Your reservation was booked through a third party at a deeper discount than the pet package. I understand how this could have been confusing, and as result offered a refund of half the pet fee and have contacted the third party responsible for your reservation to clarify that the pet fee is only waived when booked as a package with said show. I have no doubt the intial check in created the mood for your entire stay and I am sorry for that. I will immediately bring your concerns to each department head for immedaite resolve and action.

Reviewed February 11, 2011

I had planned a trip from January 6th-10th of this year. I got a few extra days off at the job, for the sake of travel, but my trip ended up falling through.

My girlfriend came up for a visit, and I was looking around for rooms. I could've went with Days Inn, in Concord, NC..but something spoke to me about how relatively close the Sleep Inn was to everything, on Cooperfield. So I went and rented the room. It was only 200.00 for the amount of time I was staying, and I decided to book it. I was glad I did. I didn't really care much for the continental breakfast (primarily because there were only danish, waffles, bagles, and cereal...but what do you expect?), however it was still amazing! Hotel service was adequate and very friendly. Of course, I'm a gamer, so I brought along my XBOX360. Due to the security confirmation (that you can't do on systems, in particular ones that have wifi enabled) I couldn't sign on and play a few games while we had down-time. But it still worked well for my laptop. I was on and browsing the internet in no-time.

I didn't use it, but I really enjoyed the indoor heated pool. If we would've packed bathing suits, we would've taken a night-time dip just to ease and relax ourselves. Not that the King Size bed, and extremely serene atmosphere didn't. Getting food was relatively easy, due to the fact that a lot of my favourite restaurants were in or around the Kannapolis/Concord border, right where the hotel was positioned.

The only thing I didn't like about my stay was the times. It started snowing in NC, so I had to cut my vacation short by a day. But even then, the payment adjusting and refunding process wasn't much of a hassle. I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel, and even more so, I'm awaiting another opportunity to stay again. I just hope its for the entirety of my vacation, next time.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind reviews!!!! We hope to welcome you back again!