“Good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Larkin's Carolina Grill
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Always a pleasant place to eat, staff friendly, & prices are excellent. Great place to change up on eating out, and the bands they have are great. Two thumbs up for larkins!!!

Jason C, General Manager at Larkin's Carolina Grill, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your awesome feedback!!! So glad that you enjoy the Grill!!! Hope to see you again soon!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food, good prices, happy family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Let's keep this short and simple: how often do you really go out and eat with the family and everyone gets to enjoy their meal? Right, rarely. This was a pleasant surprise and exception to that rule. I'm a vegetarian (not a vegan, yet) and my family is a mix of meat-eaters and veg-heads like myself. The youngest (2 years old) to the oldest (6 years old) both had a great meal that they picked and their plates were cleaned without exception. I had the mushroom "burger" and it was awesome. Most times and most places can't seem to grill or cook a portobello mushroom without making it slimy or overcooked - not Larkin's. It was a great sandwich which I'll try again in the future on our next visit. Long story, short - it was a great meal, the price was right and the family was happy. That's what is important when you come right down to it, right? By the way, even with the music night going on it was comfortable to sit on the other side of the restaurant with family and not have to yell to speak to each other. There was activity but it was not impossible to enjoy a nice dinner. The wait staff was awesome as well and made sure we were happy and enjoying our experience. Kudos!

• Visited May 2014
Hi!

Thank you so much for making us your choice during your travels. I'm so glad your family enjoyed your experience with us at the Grill, and we hope to see you again soon!!!

Jason
“Larkins is always a pleasure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I tell everyone coming thru Columbus, this is a must place to eat lunch or dinner. Prices are reasonable for not having a comparable restaraunt in the area. I have always had excellent food in the dozen times I have been there. Service can be a bit slow periodically, but I rather see young folks working and have to wait an extra couple minutes. Definately a friendly place and the staff always seems happy. If you have realistic expectations for a restaraunt, you will be very satisfied here.

• Visited March 2014
Erik,

Thank you so much for stopping in with at the Grill. Glad you enjoy our place and hope to see you soon!!! Thank you for spreading the word!!!

“3.5 Stars”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Visited this place today and I agree with the reviewer below. I found the establishment to be nice, new, and clean but almost painfully slow despite relatively few patrons. There are a fair amount of items from which to choose, however portions are on the small side and items are overpriced. The items we ordered were good but not great. Don't get the homemade chips unless you're one that eschews salt. Our server was nice and cordial.

Jason C, General Manager at Larkin's Carolina Grill, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. I apologize for the chips being too salty, I assure that issue has been resolved through training. Thank you again.

GM
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Gluten Free Burgers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

It is hard to stay gluten free when traveling, so my hubby and I were really surprised when we ate at Larkin's while passing through. The owner clearly marks which selection are gluten free, and has gluten free hamburger buns! Yum. One thing we really miss are burgers, and thsi burger ranked up with the best I have tasted. The coleslaw was great and the restaurant spotless. The she-crab soup was to die for...and also gluten free. The food was delicious and the staff friendly and very helpful. I only wish we had a restaurant like this where we live so I could go back for more. It is great to eat out, and not worry about getting ill from hidden ingredients, but to have a real quality dining experience on top of this is rare to find. Keep up the great work and expand please.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason C, General Manager at Larkin's Carolina Grill, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hi,

It was so nice meeting you, thank you so much for stopping by and having lunch with us!!! I am so glad you enjoyed the burger and our she-crab soup!!!

Stop back in and join us again!!!

Thanks,