“Good food, good prices, happy family”

Larkin's Carolina Grill
Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Let's keep this short and simple: how often do you really go out and eat with the family and everyone gets to enjoy their meal? Right, rarely. This was a pleasant surprise and exception to that rule. I'm a vegetarian (not a vegan, yet) and my family is a mix of meat-eaters and veg-heads like myself. The youngest (2 years old) to the oldest (6 years old) both had a great meal that they picked and their plates were cleaned without exception. I had the mushroom "burger" and it was awesome. Most times and most places can't seem to grill or cook a portobello mushroom without making it slimy or overcooked - not Larkin's. It was a great sandwich which I'll try again in the future on our next visit. Long story, short - it was a great meal, the price was right and the family was happy. That's what is important when you come right down to it, right? By the way, even with the music night going on it was comfortable to sit on the other side of the restaurant with family and not have to yell to speak to each other. There was activity but it was not impossible to enjoy a nice dinner. The wait staff was awesome as well and made sure we were happy and enjoying our experience. Kudos!

Jason C, General Manager at Larkin's Carolina Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Hi!

Thank you so much for making us your choice during your travels. I'm so glad your family enjoyed your experience with us at the Grill, and we hope to see you again soon!!!

Jason

There are newer reviews for Larkin's Carolina Grill

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I tell everyone coming thru Columbus, this is a must place to eat lunch or dinner. Prices are reasonable for not having a comparable restaraunt in the area. I have always had excellent food in the dozen times I have been there. Service can be a bit slow periodically, but I rather see young folks working and have to wait an extra couple minutes. Definately a friendly place and the staff always seems happy. If you have realistic expectations for a restaraunt, you will be very satisfied here.

Erik,

Thank you so much for stopping in with at the Grill. Glad you enjoy our place and hope to see you soon!!! Thank you for spreading the word!!!

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Visited this place today and I agree with the reviewer below. I found the establishment to be nice, new, and clean but almost painfully slow despite relatively few patrons. There are a fair amount of items from which to choose, however portions are on the small side and items are overpriced. The items we ordered were good but not great. Don't get the homemade chips unless you're one that eschews salt. Our server was nice and cordial.

Jason C, General Manager at Larkin's Carolina Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. I apologize for the chips being too salty, I assure that issue has been resolved through training. Thank you again.

GM

Reviewed February 12, 2014

It is hard to stay gluten free when traveling, so my hubby and I were really surprised when we ate at Larkin's while passing through. The owner clearly marks which selection are gluten free, and has gluten free hamburger buns! Yum. One thing we really miss are burgers, and thsi burger ranked up with the best I have tasted. The coleslaw was great and the restaurant spotless. The she-crab soup was to die for...and also gluten free. The food was delicious and the staff friendly and very helpful. I only wish we had a restaurant like this where we live so I could go back for more. It is great to eat out, and not worry about getting ill from hidden ingredients, but to have a real quality dining experience on top of this is rare to find. Keep up the great work and expand please.

Jason C, General Manager at Larkin's Carolina Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Hi,

It was so nice meeting you, thank you so much for stopping by and having lunch with us!!! I am so glad you enjoyed the burger and our she-crab soup!!!

Stop back in and join us again!!!

Thanks,

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have been here twice. The avocado chicken club is amazing. This is definitely the nicest restaurant in Columbus, and the busiest. We had to wait a few minutes on a Friday night (which is unusual around here). The bar area can get loud, especially on karaoke night! Service was great one time and just OK once. Depends on who you get I guess!

1  Thank iselynjenniep
Jason C, General Manager at Larkin's Carolina Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Hi,

Thank you so much for your feedback!!! Glad you enjoyed your avocado chicken club. Hope to see you again soon!!!