“Good food, good Service”

Larkin's Carolina Grill
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Tried this place out on a Saturday night, and was pleased to see they had a band playing some good ole rock and roll outside. The band was great, a bit loud outside, but we took the family inside for a meal. Service was good and the food came fairly quick for an order of 8 people. Food was good, and priced fair. The menu had a bit of everything on it from trout to ribs, and included a kids menu. The atmosphere was also nice and the tables were not cramped too close together. You can't go wrong eating here.

Jason C, General Manager at Larkin's Carolina Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback!!! Glad you enjoyed your experience with us at the Grill!!!

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Took forever to get anyone to seat us at 8:30 on a Tuesday. The guy who did finally seat us was busy with his girlfriend at bar until I peaked my head around the corner. Then we waited on the waitress to take our order for several more minutes.
Food is okay and usually pretty good and well priced. Sunday brunch is awesome.
Overall this is my husband and my usual experice here unless you happen to sit in the bar and get the owner to serve you.
Someone really needs to step it up because it could be good place it they cared. Sounds like construction was going on in kitchen if you sit in dinning area. Not the best, I only keep coming back because the food is decent and it's close to home.
I want to add that the waitress did try to redeam herself and give us a bit of care after her other tables left.

1  Thank Liddia244
Jason C, General Manager at Larkin's Carolina Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for the experience you had with us on this day. Hope you can make it back in and give us another chance.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This has all the appearance of a more upscale "fern bar and restaurant" but falls short in providing good food at a reasonable price. I stopped in by myself for a quick dinner and ordered a Reuben sandwich. It took a long time to arrive so I had plenty of people watching time. It is, in appearances, the nicest place to eat in Columbus, but I found it pretentious and not the place I would take my wife or friends. The food was disappointing and I felt it was priced too high for the quality. I have no plans to return.

Jason C, General Manager at Larkin's Carolina Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I do want to apologize for the experience that you had at Larkins Carolina Grill. I would like to offer you to come back and join us to give us another chance. I do appreciate your feedback, because helps us improve.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Food is okay and usually pretty good and well priced. Sunday brunch is awesome.

Jason C, General Manager at Larkin's Carolina Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for you feedback, I do apologize for the experience you had with service. I assure you the issue will be addressed immediately. I'm glad you enjoy our Sunday brunch and the restaurant. We always appreicate feedback, it helps us improve.

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

On our way home to Indiana from Myrte Beach, we stopped to get gas and decided we wanted some Carolina BBQ, but didn't want to drive too far away from the highway. We stopped here and the hostess at front desk gave is 2 actual menus to take to the car. My teen daughters just wanted fast food (ugh lol), so we placed order for 2 pulled pork sandwiches and then set off to get their sandwiches in the interim.

When picking up our BBQ, the same girl said we could sit at their tables outside (hard to eat BBQ while driving, and/or dangerous). She gave us plastic ware etc and our girls are their lunch while we ate ours and reveled in the view of the mountains. Delicious BBQ sandwich and sweet potato fries. Excellent hospitality! Thanks Larkins for making our brief trip to Columbus, NC memorable.

Jason C, General Manager at Larkin's Carolina Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting with us at Larkins Carolina Grill!
So glad you enjoyed the patio. Hope to see you again on your next time through Columbus!!!

Thanks,