Larkin's Carolina Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Took forever to get anyone to seat us at 8:30 on a Tuesday. The guy who did finally seat us was busy with his girlfriend at bar until I peaked my head around the corner. Then we waited on the waitress to take our order for several more minutes.
Food is okay and usually pretty good and well priced. Sunday brunch is awesome.
Overall this is my husband and my usual experice here unless you happen to sit in the bar and get the owner to serve you.
Someone really needs to step it up because it could be good place it they cared. Sounds like construction was going on in kitchen if you sit in dinning area. Not the best, I only keep coming back because the food is decent and it's close to home.
I want to add that the waitress did try to redeam herself and give us a bit of care after her other tables left.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Liddia244
Jason C, General Manager at Larkin's Carolina Grill, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for the experience you had with us on this day. Hope you can make it back in and give us another chance.

Tryon, North Carolina
“Not the best place in the area to eat”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This has all the appearance of a more upscale "fern bar and restaurant" but falls short in providing good food at a reasonable price. I stopped in by myself for a quick dinner and ordered a Reuben sandwich. It took a long time to arrive so I had plenty of people watching time. It is, in appearances, the nicest place to eat in Columbus, but I found it pretentious and not the place I would take my wife or friends. The food was disappointing and I felt it was priced too high for the quality. I have no plans to return.

Visited July 2013
Jason C, General Manager at Larkin's Carolina Grill, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I do want to apologize for the experience that you had at Larkins Carolina Grill. I would like to offer you to come back and join us to give us another chance. I do appreciate your feedback, because helps us improve.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Food is okay and usually pretty good and well priced. Sunday brunch is awesome.

• Visited August 2013
Jason C, General Manager at Larkin's Carolina Grill, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for you feedback, I do apologize for the experience you had with service. I assure you the issue will be addressed immediately. I'm glad you enjoy our Sunday brunch and the restaurant. We always appreicate feedback, it helps us improve.

South Bend, Indiana
“Accommodating to weary travelers”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

On our way home to Indiana from Myrte Beach, we stopped to get gas and decided we wanted some Carolina BBQ, but didn't want to drive too far away from the highway. We stopped here and the hostess at front desk gave is 2 actual menus to take to the car. My teen daughters just wanted fast food (ugh lol), so we placed order for 2 pulled pork sandwiches and then set off to get their sandwiches in the interim.

When picking up our BBQ, the same girl said we could sit at their tables outside (hard to eat BBQ while driving, and/or dangerous). She gave us plastic ware etc and our girls are their lunch while we ate ours and reveled in the view of the mountains. Delicious BBQ sandwich and sweet potato fries. Excellent hospitality! Thanks Larkins for making our brief trip to Columbus, NC memorable.

• Visited July 2013
Jason C, General Manager at Larkin's Carolina Grill, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting with us at Larkins Carolina Grill!
So glad you enjoyed the patio. Hope to see you again on your next time through Columbus!!!

Thanks,
Larkins Carolina Grill
“Perfect spot close to I-26 AND pet-friendly- food is GREAT!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a pet-friendly spot to have lunch on the way down from Saluda NC (east on I-26) and found Larkin's in Columbus NC on TripAdvisor. SO GLAD we stopped in because not only were they pet-friendly with their covered /cool outdoor seating, the food was really great. I had the grilled chicken avocado sandwich with chipotle mayo and it was very flavorful. They also have really good spicy and regular ranch dressing- we are ranch aficionados and they did not disappoint. It was hard to decide what to order because the menu has so many options! The service was great and everyone was very friendly-our server, Kelci, was very helpful with suggestions to narrow down the many things that appealed to us.
We will definitely be back!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Teri S
Jason C, General Manager at Larkin's Carolina Grill, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Teri,
Thank you so much for stopping in for lunch and so glad you enjoyed your visit with us!!!
So good to hear great feedback from our guests about our staff as well. We looking forward to serving you again soon. Check out our facebook page as well. Something you may be interested in, we work with the Foothills Humane Society and do Paws on the Patio in which guests are encouraged to enjoy an evening on the patio with their pets.

Hope to see you soon.