“During summer, go during the weeks unless you love crowds!”

Piedmont Triad Farmers Market
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Colfax
North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“During summer, go during the weeks unless you love crowds!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to buy fresh produce and plants. However, during the summer months, I much prefer going during the week as it's a ZOO there on the week-ends. Wall-to-wall cars and people. I would much rather shop at one of the smaller curb markets around town such as Bernie's Berries off Groometown Rd. They usually have everything I need (corn, okra, squash, peaches, etc.) with no crowds. It's air conditioned as well. A much more pleasant experience.

Visited July 2013

Winston-Salem,NC
99 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 215 helpful votes
“Too Bad the inside market has gone so commercial”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Outer stalls are great with a wonderful variety of plants and fresh produce. This year the all year round indoor complex has gone commercial-like and that is such a shame!

Visited June 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 186 helpful votes
“Wonderful spot to furnish your garden”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We have been going to the Piedmont Triad Farmer's Market for years. As a matter of fact many years ago when we were living in Delaware and were in North Carolina visiting we stopped at the market on the way out of town and loaded up the back of our car with plants to take back with us.

Prices are very reasonable and the selection is incredible. On today's visit I found Elephant ears in a color variation I had never seen. The grower told us it was a blend of black and green. I've taken a picture of it and also some very unusual calidums that I hadn't seen before. We have two Japanese Maples that we invested in over the years and they have thrived and done beautifully over numerous seasons.

They also sell fruits and vegetables as well as other food stuffs at the market but we primarily visit there for plants. if you have not been it is definitely worth a visit!

Visited May 2013
Greenville, North Carolina
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Lot's and Lot's of Fresh Food!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

One of several farmer's markets the state sponsors around NC, this one always has a good selection of produce from the western Piedmont. There is a significant garden section, a nursery, and restaurant, as well. Conveniently just off I-40 near Greensboro Airport.

Visited May 2013
Colfax, North Carolina
“Flowers”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stopped at Burton Farm booth for some gerber a daisies. When I planted them they had GOOD strong root system. Best I have ever seen buying from anywhere. I went back and bought 4 more trays and a clematis plant. I will definitely do business with them again.

Visited April 2013