“Poor excuse for restaurant ”
Review of Moose Cafe

Moose Cafe
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Colfax
Description: The Moose Cafe is a Southern style restaurant that has been serving up some of the best country cooking for over 20 years. Both locations are located on the grounds of North Carolina Farmers Markets, so the fresh ingredients are only steps away!
Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

Last night my family and I decided to try out this place ..... started off on bad foot they seated us near window with Sun glaring through when I asked to be moved to another table they didn't want to move us... as we were about to leave I pointed out other open tables another waitress hesitantly sat us at another table our waitress was very rude never checked on us ...food was lukewarm only good items were the fish and fried chicken desserts were dried out. Don't eat here

Date of visit: September 2016
3  Thank m h

Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

Stopped in with some coworkers. Really good, meatloaf and veggies. Also they had some apple butter and cat head biscuits. Great service. Off the beaten path. Will stop in next time I fly into greensboro.

2  Thank S1526JDjohnm
Reviewed August 27, 2016

Great Atmosphere!!,Great Food,Love the new Buffet !!
Sooo festive!! Love the chef hats,kept the bar hot and refreshed!
5 star Rating...We WILL be back!!

1  Thank nita668
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Ate there today 8/22/16. If you go there, go hungry. They have delicious food and very large portions. Right after you sit down, they bring a basket w/ really large homemade biscuits (one for each person at the table) and something called 'apple betty' and it is delicious! It's not applesauce and it's not apple butter; it's a tasty mesh of chunky apple mix.

They have a really large variety of menu items. We've eaten there for lunch twice and dinner once when passing through that area. Believe me, when I say, go hungry, go hungry!

The staff is always really nice and attentive, which adds to the pleasantness of the dinning experience. Inside has an 'old barn' ambience, which is really cute and enjoyable.

2  Thank Bkaymc
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Decided to go eat breakfast before shopping at the Farmers Market Saturday Aug 20th.I had eaten there before and it was just okay but decided to give the place one more try. Needless to say I will not be back. They were busy but not so busy that there were plenty of tables open. I think the staff just isn't qualified to handle the crowd. I think I am qualified to to make many of my judgemental decisions because I have worked as a server, cooked at many restaurants and even managed a restaurant. To start ..asked what we needed to drink and my husband wanted coffee. Great she brought the coffee than ran off and didn't even ask him if he needed cream (which he did). So he proceeded to drink coffee black and before she even came back his coffee was empty ( and he is not a fast drinker). Took our order and it was quite a while until we were served and she finally got him some more coffee and got him some cream..didn't even apologize for not getting it before. You could tell she was not qualified for this job. She was totally flustered. Everything she brought was just basically thrown on the table and she ran off before you could ask for anything. I wanted some jelly for my biscuit well by the time I got the jelly I had already eaten over half of my breakfast. Their biscuits may be big but that doesn't make them great. They were very dry and lack flavor.The bacon was very wimpy and about half cooked because the fat wasn't even clear it was white like how it comes out of the package. My husband got home fries and they were just slopped on the plate with his eggs and bacon. It was just a mess and very unappetizing. I would rather have less food and look like a plate you would feed a human than a plate you would feed a dog!! Presentation matters as much as taste. Everyone knows you first eat with your eyes and that sets the mood for the rest of the meal !! I mean everything he ordered was flowing onto the other item on his plate, totally disgusting !!!! I would have enjoyed a McDonald's Big Breakfast plate a lot better and it would not have cost me $20.00 like this meal cost me !! So if you enjoy this type of service and food than you should enjoy going here. As for my husband and I we will never eat there again !!