“FRIED CHICKEN”
Review of Moose Cafe

Moose Cafe
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Colfax
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I like eating at the Moose Cafe. Espiecially the fried chicken! Even in Asheboro. Their food is country & they make you feel at home.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've been reluctant to eat here because of some of the reviews I have read about "The Moose". However, two friends recently said they had good meals there. My wife and I had lunch there today. My wife had meat loaf with beats, cabbage and corn bread. She said it was all good and she is pretty particulat about her meat loaf. I had a bacon cheeseburger (with no cheese). The burger was over a half inch thick and was well cooked. It was very tasty. I also got mashed potatoes with gravy as a side and they were good also. Before we ordered, we were presented with two large biscuits and apple sauce. You don't go away hungry here. The only complaint my wife had was that the coffee was cold. Our waitress was very attentive and kept checking back to make sure everything was ok.

1  Thank Bruce J
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have to say as a travel agent always looking for that hidden gem it's not!! I'm from the South, Arkansas, now that's home cooking where most places you can't go wrong!!! How do they get 5 stars! We ordered Chicken & Dumplings, cabbage, fried green tomatoes, chilli & livers with gravy! Home made from canned food! Dumplings from a can with added chicken, cabbage no seasoning too bland, fried green tomatoes no flavor and small!!! Now the livers were 3 stars a little on bland side and I will give the chilli 4 stars!!! Don't bother with their gravy bland and gel like! I'm the first person to a give a great review if deserved. The price and the service was 4 stars, outside of that not a restaurant you would ever miss!!! People North Carolina doesn't know what real southern food is but I will tell you eat at Kernersville J Peppers or the Fitz they do have great 5 star food!!!! Have a home in NC and AR and never find real good southern cooking in the triad area rare!!!!

1  Thank Jamaicagirl63
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The food here is so good! The green beans taste just like my grannies and the biscuits take me back to the days when grannie would wake me up at the crack of dawn to eat breakfast. I have tried most of their dishes and they are all so delicious. I love this place! Be warned you will want to lick your fingers lol!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

My Sunday School Class of ladies 65 and older went for a breakfast to celebrate Christmas. We had a large group, our waitress was wonderful, food was delicious, hot, and served quickly. Great spot and reasonable prices.