“Better than Average”
Review of Chang Thai

Chang Thai
Ranked #3 of 69 Restaurants in Clemmons
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai, Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Winston Salem, NC USA
“Better than Average”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I know that better than average isn't a glowing review, but.... well, we had just finished playing a round of par 3 golf at Tanglewood Park, it was lunch time and we were hungry. We like Thai food, so we stopped here. Everything was pretty good. The place is pretty on the inside (the outside is typical strip shopping center), the service was friendly and efficient. They weren't very busy, considering it was a Friday at noon, but it wasn't empty either.
They bring a small bowl of soup (a broth, really) to your table right away, which is nice. Unfortunately, it had chicken in it and we're vegetarian. They took it away, of course, but never replaced it with anything else. I had eggplant and tofu and my wife had cashew and tofu (we always share). Both were good. They didn't have a LOT of flavor, but still... they were good. The tea was good (I reminded him that he didn't charge us for it).
The menu has a lot of variety and everything can be made with meat, fish or tofu, so even vegetarians have a lot of choices. Would we go back? Sure. I wouldn't make it a destination, but the next time we leave Tanglewood Park around lunch time, we wouldn't hesitate to eat there again. Prices were good, by the way. Six and a half bucks for a lunch entree. So, you see? Better than average.

• Visited September 2012

“Best Thai Food Around!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I are HUGE Thai food fans and a friend recommended this place to us, and we absolutly love it! We go any chance we can! The food is great! The atmosphere is amazing! And the staff is friendly! Great place for date night, family dinner, or out with your friends!

Visited August 2012
mocksville
“The only restaurant I will wait for a table”
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Have eaten here many times and the food is incredible. Without a doubt, the most delicious food I have ever eaten. The soups are bowl ills of wonderful flavors. I love the Massaman Curry while my wide is partial to the Pad Thai for an entree. We love this place. Best restaurant in the Triad.

“Best food in Clemmons”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Right off the 40 exit, and delicious. I prefer the Crab packages, Drunken Noodles, or the Masaman curry. But if you go at lunch get the Bento box, it's got it all.

• Visited June 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great Thai Food!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My husband and I love to visit Chang Thai. The food is very good - they have many options for every taste, even plain hibachi/Japanese style if you don't like Thai food. The appetizer cheese rolls are to die for - they are basically a spring roll filled with a cream cheese type mixture, yum!

The prices are very good, and the service is typically very fast. However, I'd recommend making a reservation. They get very busy on the weekends, but we've also had to wait for 10-15 minutes on week nights before.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank liz b

Been to Chang Thai? Share your experiences!