“Glad they are closing, too bad same people are going to run the new place”
Review of Big Shotz Tavern - CLOSED

Big Shotz Tavern
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Poor service and not so tasty food. I am curious to know what the "NEW" place (different name, same people) will be like in Febuary 2013. I was in the (upscale) food service industry for over 20 years and was hoping Clemmons was finally going to have a good restaurant. Big Shotz was a feeble attempt.

1  Thank bellabot1231

Reviewed December 6, 2012

A TGIF wannabe, and that's saying something since I'm not a big fan of TGIF. Don't waste your money and head to Full Moon around the corner.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Our server was excellent and the food was as nice as my prior visit there last year. Our group had a private room (reserved ahead of time some 5-6 weeks before) for a business meeting of approximately one hour, followed by an order from the menu meal. It took some 30 + minutes for the food to arrive BUT they had booked another group in on top of us before everyone had finished their meal. Our group was "rushed out", many with to go boxes, in order for the next group to have the room.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went here on a Groupon and ordered the 14 oz ribeye, medium rare. So many places have a hard time getting a steak medium rare for some reason, but Big Shotz pulled it off! It was seasoned to perfection, as well. The garlic mashed potatoes were "to die for" and the homemade thousand island dressing for my salad was the best I've ever had. The only reason why I gave this restaurant only 4 stars was because of the lack of options on the menu. The service was also phenomenal. :)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Nice atmosphere to patronize but not for the food. Have not had anything really good to eat there and keep trying expecting to find something that is apetizing.