“Nice, friendly bar/restaurant, in Clemmons, NC”
Review of Milner Brothers - CLOSED

Milner Brothers
Cuisines: Armenian
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Brothers is a open concept restaurant with the bar in the middle of the room, which serves as a divider between the two dining areas. This restaurant is owned by the same people who operate Milner's, so there is a slight similarity to it; however, Milner's (on S. Stratford), would be considered to be more "upscale" in it's physical appearance, as well as with their menu selections. There are several large TV's around the bar in Brothers, as well as in the back dining room, which was a distraction for us while we were eating, but would most likely be great if you want a Sports-type bar environment. The server was very attentive and knew the menu well. Our meals, while good, were slightly above average from similar establishments. The beer and wine offerings were also ok, with some local beers included, and this was definitely a plus. I will give this restaurant another try, probably for lunch next time, because I would know exactly what to expect when I got there.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We tried Brothers early Sunday evening with some friends. As with many others, we also love Milner's, but I don't want to make any unfair comparisons.
Food was OK, I had the Pot Roast, it was cooked well, but very dry, Roasted Brussel Sprouts had no flavor, or anything; just plain, roasted. Could have used a little Garlic and oil, or Balsamic, or something. Meat Loaf, again very dry, one of the members of our party who had this had to ask for some sauce. My wife had Salmon cakes (a Small Plate special that evening), which were OK, but not anything beyond what you would expect from a packaged. frozen Salmon Cake.
Service was pleasant and efficient, but not sure how well trained she was. My wife ordered a small plate for an entree, and we told the waitress that she wanted this as her entree. When our food arrived, it was obvious that this instruction did not get to the kitchen. Everyone's food was hot, except my wife's. It had obviously been prepared as an appetizer, and was hardly warm.
Oh, and one addition pet peeve... When we received our salads, I asked for some bread, and the waitress said, "We don't have bread". She offered some Texas Toast. Are they kidding??? A full service restaurant that doesn't serve fresh bread is just plain out of touch with reality. Nope, we won't be going back. There are too many really good, well run, well thought out places around where I can get fresh bread with my salad, and better than average food.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Honestly, I thought Brothers would be like Milner's on Stratrford, which is too uppity for me. I was a little worried since we were stopping in after a round of golf at Tanglewood. Not that at all. Doesn't look much different on the inside than when it was a chain steakhouse. Great service. Great local beer. I had a English Ale brew from West Bend local winery now making beer. Buttermilk chicken livers and skillet mac and cheese. Awesome meal. My husband and son enjoyed the burgers they got. My husband was very happy to find Bell's Two Hearted Ale on tap. Mix of clientele, mostly families.

1  Thank scald
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went to Brothers in early June and they were still working out the kinks. Since Milner's is such a wonderful establishment, this one had a lot to live up to. We tried it again mid September, and it was much better. The staff were welcoming and our server was very attentive and polite. They had eliminated a few things from the menu and added some of the Milner classics.Everyone in our party was satisfied with their meals from hamburgers to crab cakes, tuna wrap and fried chicken. I am so glad they are moving in the right direction. This one has the potential to be great!!

3  Thank roadtrip1084
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I am going to operate under the assumption that it is simply going to take a while to get the kinks out, and try again later. My first two experiences were very disappointing. Expected food to be similar quality as Milners, even if the menu was more casual. Some of the food combinations were just plain weird (blue cheese and shrimp taco??) I found both of my meals there to be lackluster and executed without any finesse. Cheering this one on, but from the sidelines for now.

2  Thank Cathy H