“Best Japanese Restaurant in Winston Salem area...”
Review of Shiki

Shiki
Ranked #34 of 77 Restaurants in Clemmons
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: 336-778-1888
Description: 336-778-1888
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My daughter, son in law and granddaughter took me to this restaurant about 2 weeks ago. Was impressed with the servers filling our drinks without having to ask....Food was great! Reasonable priced. Plenty of food. Had the chicken and shrimp with veggies...came with rice, soup and steamed carrots! Also tried my daughters tuna rolls sushi... and spring rolls.... Will go back again soon....

1  Thank NCPREFERREDAGENT

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Despite living in the same town, I had never tried Shiki until just a few days ago. The location is hidden and out of the way, so we just never thought to go there before. Big mistake. The food was very good, the prices were reasonable, and the service was outstanding. We had a couple of sushi rolls which were fresh and very tasty, and ordered typical Japanese hibachi entrees consisting of steak, shrimp, scallops, and mixed vegetables. The quality and flavor of the food were both very good, and the portions were ample. We will definitely put this on our regular restaurant rotation!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I pass by their sign every day and finally decided to try it out. The chicken lo mein was cooked to perfection. The dish wasn't drenched in sauce. The vegetables were bright colorful and crisp. This was the first time I ever finished a lo mein dish. The staff was friendly and great. You are missing out if you have not tried this place.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have tried this restaurant 3 times now and we will not be back. The first time we went, it had just opened and although the food was ok, the service was s-l-o-w despite the restaurant being virtually empty. We tried it again last month and the service was even worse. I received and finished my entree (sushi) before my husband got his salad that came with his entree and he never did receive the soup he was supposed to get. Then tonight, my husband got his entire meal - soup, salad and entree way before I ever received my sushi.

As we were leaving our waitress, who was also the cashier and "bus boy" informs us that sushi chef wasn't there and their cashier/hostess was making the sushi and she had never made sushi before....not exactly what I want to hear after I consumed raw fish!

The food overall is average but the service horrible! You have 2 people responsible for busing, seating, waiting and cashiering. It's evident that the owners don't want to spend the money on getting adequate amount of staff to properly service the restaurant. Makes you wonder if they are also skimping on the quality of food.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Hibachi Chicken with mixed vegetables is very good and is enough for two people to share. We get the order for take out and it is quick. The staff are courteous and friendly. The restaurant is nice and the atmosphere is welcoming.

Been to Shiki? Share your experiences!