“Water Features”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Clemmons
Charles Town, WV
“Water Features”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

It rained the entire weekend in the area. When I walked in to check in, I thought there was a water feature in the lobby. Turns out it was a leak. There was a trash can right outside room next to ours to catch water from another leak.

Despite the extra water, we overall had a good experience. Room was a nice size and was clean. The bed was super comfortable and both my husband and I commented on what a good night sleep we had on it.

We had forgotten toothpaste and the front desk was out. We did not take advantage of the breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Trugrad,

I am terribly sorry for the terrible weather we had during your stay. Furthermore the water feature in the lobby and upstairs near your room was also embarrassing and we apologies for the mess. We are happy and thankful to have such understanding guests as yourself as somethings are out of our control.

I am pleased to hear that you had a good overall experience. Thank you for mentioning how clean and nice the room was during your stay. I also apologize we did not have toothpaste for you as that is an amenity we have for our guest.

We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future and will give us another chance to make you stay with us even more wonderful.

Thank you again for leaving a great review about our hotel!

Richard Hicks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
North Carolina
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a very old Holiday Inn Express. It has not been updated at all. In particular, the beds are not very comfortable. The hotel needs a complete renovation. If you need to stay in this area, I would recommend that you stay at another nearby exit. The only positive thing about this hotel is that they give you free access to a really nice YMCA.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear RowdyRedneck,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Durham
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My family stayed here along with 14 other families traveling as part of a club soccer team playing in a local tournament. The building and rooms showed signs of their age, but any short comings in that area were made up for by the management and their sincere interest in making our stay a pleasant one. Not only did they help us coordinate an impromptu team dinner, but they surprised us with a congratulatory team cake and allowed us the flexibility to gather in two of their public meeting spaces to celebrate. This was much appreciated given the terrible weather and few options for eating out. They hosted us with quiet generosity and I speak for all the families in saying thank you!

Our team travels a lot and it is really rare to experience such a personal welcome.

TFC Girls, 2012

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear TFC Girls,

It was a pleasure having you all stay with us! I apologies as we are an older property but as you said we love to go above and beyond by providing excellent hospitality service. We are most happy that you all played well and were victorious. Congratulations Again! It was a fun victory celebration and we thank you for sharing it with us.

We look forward to seeing you all again in the near future and we will be more prepared as we know you will be victorious again!

Please contact me directly to book your next stay when you are in our area again!

Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This hotel is a must! We booked kind of last minute but were extremely satisfied. Speedy service and very clean and accommodating rooms. I love the spacious rooms and the big beds. This property was fresh, clean and in a safe location.

Room Tip: Although there is no swimming pool, they have full access to the local YMCA!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
General M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
My name is Richard Hicks and I am the General Manager for the Holiday Inn Express Clemmons, NC . I wanted to thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor. At the hotel we strive to offer the best in customer service and satisfaction. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working out at the YMCA and were Satisfied with your stay! It is always nice to hear that our hard work is paying off! When you travel into the Clemmons, NC area again, please contact me directly to make your reservations. Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express.
Western NC
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed here for a business trip and hotel was average. Staff was very friendly and accomidating, I had a non smoking room on the first floor, but I could smell strong smoke walking down the hallway to my room. But I could not smell smoke in my room. Room was clean and neat, heat/cooling ok, it did cycle frequently, TV was a new LG flat panel with Cable HD connection very good, Internet wifi was acceptable. Bed and bedding was good, there were lots of pillows in the room. Water was hot and towels were plentiful. Breakfast was good lots of selections to chose from, breakfast staff was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Roscoe28734,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased you mentioned our friendly staff and clean room accommodations. I really appreciate your comments regarding the amenities we have to offer that am pleased to hear that the bed, bed bedding, and pillows were comfortable for your stay. I do apologize for the smoke order in the hallways and we will ensure that it is resolved. I truly value your feedback as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express Clemmons soon.

Sincerely
Independence va.
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This Motel is well managed,friendly staff,clean rooms,good breakfast,it's a real nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
My name is Richard Hicks and I am the General Manager for the Holiday Inn Express Clemmons, NC . I wanted to thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor. At the hotel we strive to offer the best in customer service and satisfaction and try our hardest to create the "Home away from Home" atmosphere. It is always nice to hear that our hard work is paying off!

Tennessee
Reviewed June 24, 2012

After reading some negative reviews, I was happily surprised to finding the hotel nice, modern, and clean. The free breakfast was wonderful - with a wide variety of hot and cold choices. The staff was very friendly and attentive! I will definitely stay here whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
My name is Richard Hicks and I am the General Manager for the Holiday Inn Express Clemmons, NC . I wanted to thank you for taking the time to submit a review on TripAdvisor. At the hotel we strive to offer the best in customer service and satisfaction. It is always nice to hear that our hard work is paying off! When you travel into the Clemmons, NC area again, please contact me directly to make your reservations. Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clemmons
Village Inn Event Center
#7 of 38 in Winston Salem
Sleep Inn Hanes Mall
Sleep Inn Hanes Mall
#20 of 38 in Winston Salem

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!